Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers Continue To Show Interest In QB Mason Rudolph

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Report: Steelers Continue To Show Interest In QB Mason Rudolph

How many quarterbacks will be selected in the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft and will Oklahoma State’s Mason Rudolphbe one of them? We have a little less than three weeks remaining before we know the answers to those questions but in the meantime, however, Rudolph appears to be a prospect in high demand as the pre-draft process winds down.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04...mason-rudolph/

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Report: Steelers Continue To Show Interest In QB Mason Rudolph

Just don't think he'll be there.

The Pats getting that extra first could be the land spot for Rudolph.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Just don't think he'll be there.

The Pats getting that extra first could be the land spot for Rudolph.
    Pats biggest need is OL, Charley Casserly has them taking Koltan Miller, OT & Josh Jackson CB

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ugh
    For three months now, I’ve had this (sinking) feeling that Rudolph would be the pick.

I hope that the Taperiots take him (but, I’d bet on them drafting Lauletta).

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ugh
    For three months now, I’ve had this (sinking) feeling that Rudolph would be the pick.

I think if he is there at 28 they will take him.

I've read in a few places the Pats like Mayfield.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Pass. Need a free safety/inside linebacker that can cover/better olb across from TJ Watt/rb depth in round 1, not one of this year's overhyped Big 12 QBs

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ugh

Seriously. Rudolph is this years overdraft candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Seriously. Rudolph is this years overdraft candidate.
    He very well may be but Tomlin has eyes for him. I don't the Steeler will move up or down, I expect a Colbert BPA and I'm fine with that.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Just say NO
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think if he is there at 28 they will take him.

I've read in a few places the Pats like Mayfield.

Probably... but, that would require a trade up. At 31, Lauletta makes so much sense (to me):
    -not the strongest arm, but a very accurate passer
    -smart
    -small school
    -Naval academy
    -excelled at the Senior Bowl

He is like a mixture of Brady and Garoppolo.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Probably... but, that would require a trade up. At 31, Lauletta makes so much sense (to me):
    -smart
    -small school
    -Naval academy

Steelers have always liked strong armed guys. I just don’t see them taking a guy who can’t hum that 10 yard out to the far hash into a tight window.

Not saying that Lauletta isn’t good. Just wondering if he fits their mold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Pass. Need a free safety/inside linebacker that can cover/better olb across from TJ Watt/rb depth in round 1, not one of this year's overhyped Big 12 QBs
    Agreed, but RBs can be found later
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Rudolph is not worthy of a 1st round pick. He is Dobbs with better size and no escapability. Both have a beautiful deep ball, but really suck at the mid range and short yardage stuff.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Mason is not a HoF name for QBs. Think about it.
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I sure hope not.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rudolph is a mid-40s guy to a team like the Cardinals. If the Steelers took him at 28, it would be devastating. I don’t mind them taking a QB, but they need to trade down and get some extra picks out of it because 28 isn’t where you take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Check out the poll in the middle of this report about Mason. It is quintessential SteelersNation. I swear. https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ers-draft-him/

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Steelers have always liked strong armed guys. I just don’t see them taking a guy who can’t hum that 10 yard out to the far hash into a tight window.

Not saying that Lauletta isn’t good. Just wondering if he fits their mold?
    I meant that Lauletta is the perfect protégée for Brady (because, he is a Brady clone).

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Using our first round pick on a QB who might be the future won't help this team that's built to win now.
    A pass rusher, a run stuffer, or someone who can cover are more pressing needs.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

-smart
    -small school
    -Naval academy

Correction.....University of Richmond

- - - Updated - - -

Father was QB for Navy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Correction.....University of Richmond

- - - Updated - - -

Father was QB for Navy
    Yep. Lauletta’s father and uncle both played for Navy, which is where Belichick’s father coached. That is the connection that I was making.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I meant that Lauletta is the perfect protégée for Brady (because, he is a Brady clone).
    I see that now. Reading comprehension is not easy. Proceed with your exclellent point.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

This kid had Steeler written all over him. I don't agree with the notion that the Steelers do not need a QB in the draft, the idea of waiting until after Ben retires seems troubling. Jones and Dobbs are not the answer. If Colbert/Tomlin see something they can't live without in Mason then pull the trigger, Steeler fans aren't privy to conversation between the organization and Ben so to say the Steelers don't need a QB may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    This kid had Steeler written all over him. I don't agree with the notion that the Steelers do not need a QB in the draft, the idea of waiting until after Ben retires seems troubling. Jones and Dobbs are not the answer. If Colbert/Tomlin see something they can't live without in Mason then pull the trigger, Steeler fans aren't privy to conversation between the organization and Ben so to say the Steelers don't need a QB may be wrong.
    Question: how can you proclaim in absolutes that Dobbs is not the answer when he has never seen the field in a real game, never made the same mistake twice in the preseason games he played in, and has only been in the league for one year? And to forestall the posts I anticipate in response: no, I am not saying Dobbs is the answer. I'm saying that at this point in time, you cannot possible know for an absolute fact that he is not. Personally, I'd like to see him get a lot more work in preseason this year and then get put into the fourth quarter of a few games where we have a comfortable lead (if that every happens). Only then can we truly know whether he is or isn't the answer. Now, if a QB falls to us at 28 that we think will light up the scoreboard for the next decade and a half, draft him. Absolutely. But again, making absolute assessments about Dobbs at this point in his career is impossible.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I sure don't want to pass up Marino because Bradshaw is still in the fold. That might not work out as planned.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I sure don't want to pass up Marino because Bradshaw is still in the fold. That might not work out as planned.
    Except Marino was a much more highly touted prospect who dropped way lower than expected. Rudolph is widely considered the 6th best QB in the draft, a 2nd round prospect that will likely be pushed into the third due to increasing demand of the QB position

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Except Marino was a much more highly touted prospect who dropped way lower than expected. Rudolph is widely considered the 6th best QB in the draft, a 2nd round prospect that will likely be pushed into the third due to increasing demand of the QB position
    Dan Marino was a cocaine addict was the rumor spread , same rumor was spread about Warren Sapp ...the later may have proved to be true but long after the fact

interestingly enough that they both where then drafted by Florida teams
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now