Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I will just leave this here .... I am the majority !

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: I will just leave this here .... I am the majority !

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Haha. Sadly, that's pretty much true
    good thing it doesnt have a single point harness and carry handle too ......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I have had my last dominoes pizza ....

delivery driver delivers a pizza walks back to his car and the man runs out and attacks him with a knife injuries so bad he had to be life flighted to a Pittsburgh hospital , he pulls his gun shoots and kills the attacker and is FIRED from his job ......

https://www.wtae.com/article/one-per...falls/22694860

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

delivery driver delivers a pizza walks back to his car and the man runs out and attacks him with a knife injuries so bad he had to be life flighted to a Pittsburgh hospital , he pulls his gun shoots and kills the attacker and is FIRED from his job ......

Actually, that is understandable. Had he fired and missed, or even hit the guy but the bullet penetrated without opening (assuming a hollow point) and then hit someone else, it puts the company in jeopardy of a major lawsuit. That lawsuit is even bigger if there is evidence they allow or encourage their drivers to be armed. I don't like it, personally, but from a pure business perspective, I get it. The same thing happens when night clerks in gas stations and corner stores pull guns. Most of the time, they're fired, too, and probably for the same reasons.

Of course, the saving grace is it was a franchise, so as long as you don't buy from that franchise, you can still buy Dominoes!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

What a shame that this is our America.

you are the majority, friend.

...Still, there are narcissistic, blathering idots who will rationalize this without even acknowledging how tragic this is on so many levels.

Thanks for sharing.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I managed a PJs Pizza when my wife was finishing college. Our policy was no guns on property, and yes the cars were considered company property while making deliveries. I told my drivers this but also told them just don't give me a reason to need to search your vehicle. If you have your carry permit that's a good thing. I had been robbed on delivery, 2 others I worked with had been robbed on delivery, a store a town over had a driver shot and killed and his car stolen. Delivery drivers should carry a gun and should be well educated on how and when to use it. AND it may not be 'manly' enough for some, but a .22 works just as well as a personal protection weapon in your car as any larger caliber would. You don't have to remove the head.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I hope he sues the franchise and franchisee
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I managed a PJs Pizza when my wife was finishing college. Our policy was no guns on property, and yes the cars were considered company property while making deliveries. I told my drivers this but also told them just don't give me a reason to need to search your vehicle. If you have your carry permit that's a good thing. I had been robbed on delivery, 2 others I worked with had been robbed on delivery, a store a town over had a driver shot and killed and his car stolen. Delivery drivers should carry a gun and should be well educated on how and when to use it. AND it may not be 'manly' enough for some, but a .22 works just as well as a personal protection weapon in your car as any larger caliber would. You don't have to remove the head.

22 can be great but can be very under powered at the same time , shot placement is more critical for sure ... that said many trauma surgeons claim a 22 bullet wound are some of the worst they have to deal with , the bullet is not powerful enough to go through if it hits a bone and ricochets around inside the body until it exits or is stopped tearing up everything in its path making it very difficult to repair the damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I hope he sues the franchise and franchisee
    me too

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Anecdotal evidence <> data, but yeah... I lost my best friend/ big brother to a .22 magnum this spring. The damage was catastrophic and he died almost instantly.

The main reason a .22 isn't preferable for a carry weapon is that the rimfire primer isn't as reliable as a centerfire.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland