Thread: Favorite 10

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Favorite 10

Make a list of your favorite 10 players that have a chance to be the Steeler's 1st round selection. In any order you wish. Don't really need to know why, but add that too if you want.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Favorite 10

10 seems like a lot to come up with but the top few I would like to see

Evans: Can do it all, center of the defense at Alabama. Dynamic as a player. Polished. Hightower and Mosely's success in the NFL makes me comfortable with drafting an ILB from Alabama
    Bates: A true center-fielding FS which the steelers have lacked since Ryan Clark got released and something I would like to see the Steelers have. Steelers just have a bunch of SS on the roster right now.
    Reid: Versatile, can also do play the FS role
    Harold Landry: Need more quality OLBs, Landry seems like a more polished guy with production, more than the "just a great athlete"
    Derrius Guice: Normally I would say no RBs in round 1 especially in such a deep class, but he would likely be BPA and RB is a need with Smokey pitching his bitch fit over being offered $14 million a year

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If these players are there at 28, I would be happy to draft one.

At ILB: Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Rashaan Evans, LVE
    At Edge: Harold Landry, Marcus Davenport
    At TE: Mike Gesicki
    At DL: Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, Taven Bryan

I know many will say some of these guys have no chance of falling to our pick. Maybe they won't but I think all of these players have a real chance of doing just that. I went with guys that will strengthen our front 7 from day 1. Also, IMO, the best TE in this draft by a mile. I think all of these guys are versatile enough to possibly get some starts this season. The positions I did not select from are ones I don't see a draft pick getting on the field much this year.

Safety is fairly set for now. Would not surprise me if we skipped to round 5 to draft one. Davis will be a starter even if moved to FS. And Burnett is going to be doing what Davis was supposed to be doing last season.

No RB in this draft is going to play ahead of Bell.

OG is a need, IMO, but again no rookie is taking a starting role this season.

We currently are well stocked at CB.

WR is another need position, however who would usurp AB, JuJu, or Bryant from this draft group?

QB? Would you really want any of these guys in round 1?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

Safety is fairly set for now. Would not surprise me if we skipped to round 5 to draft one. Davis will be a starter even if moved to FS. And Burnett is going to be doing what Davis was supposed to be doing last season.
    Don't mean to change topic but I still think safety is a need and hope the organization doesn't see it as set. Morgan Burnett is a nice veteran addition but his injury history suggests at bare minimum insurance is needed. Nat Behre is just a guy. Plus there still isn't a true free safety on this team, a guy that can be a good center fielder

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Don't mean to change topic but I still think safety is a need and hope the organization doesn't see it as set. Morgan Burnett is a nice veteran addition but his injury history suggests at bare minimum insurance is needed. Nat Behre is just a guy. Plus there still isn't a true free safety on this team, a guy that can be a good center fielder
    I do not disagree. But....consider how the Steelers play defense. Burnett and Davis make a formidable duo. Depth is set at Wilcox, Dangerfield, and Behre. No, not exactly a murderer's row, but for the Steelers, enough to not use a 1st round pick on safety. Just my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Here goes:

ILB
    Edmunds
    Smith
    Evans

Safety

Reid

EDGE
    Landry
    Davenport
    Sweat

CB
    Alexander
    Hughes
    QB
    Jackson

Just Say "No"
    Mason Rudolph
    Josh Allen
    Ronnie Harrison - wanna guess how much he gets penalized at the NFL level and how much he gets burned in coverage? I'm gonna go with "A Ton" for both.
    DL/NT
    TE
    LVE - spends too much time on the ground. enticing physical tools, but I think he is going to get owned by NFL blockers.
    WR - equivalent talents available throughout the draft.