Thread: Patriots trade Brandin Cooks to Rams.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Patriots trade Brandin Cooks to Rams.

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Patriots trade Brandin Cooks to Rams.

Pats will do anything for draft picks...lol.

Rams on the otherhand are just going balls to the wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Pats will do anything for draft picks...lol.

Rams on the otherhand are just going balls to the wall!
    Added Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Suh and now Cooks.

Rams have no 1st or 2nd round pick.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Luckily the one thing Bill Bellichick sucks at is selecting draft picks.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What’s Belichick history of first round picks?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Pats moving up to poach our LB...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What’s Belichick history of first round picks?
    http://pfref.com/tiny/YS8No

Uneven?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

How do the Patriots manage to get first-round draft picks in exchange for players they are going to have to let go of anyway in a year? With other teams, everyone offers fourth- and fifth-rounders or just waits for the player to leave as a free agent. Does Belichick have a way of predicting when opposing GMs will be high on cocaine so he can call them and suggest trades?

It's just good that they can't draft for shit with most of those picks.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Pats got a good deal. I would make that trade to the Rams with Martavis who is a better WR.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Pats got a good deal. I would make that trade to the Rams with Martavis who is a better WR.
    their career production disagrees

Bryant never greater than 50 catches in a single season

Cooks never less than 50 ....

Cooks only year with less than 1000 yards was his rookie year ended with injury at week 10

Bryant never eclipsed 800 in any year ...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/CookBr00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BryaMa00.htm
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Taperiots want Rosen.

How funny (sad) would it be for the Bills to do everything they’ve done in order to get Rosen... only to have the Taperiots sneak in front of them to snag him.

I’ve also heard the rumors about ODB, but Belichick doesn’t like to PAY anyone. So, I doubt that that occurs... although, Belichick & Brady did wonders when they had Randy Moss.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

their career production disagrees

Bryant never greater than 50 catches in a single season

Cooks never less than 50 ....

Cooks only year with less than 1000 yards was his rookie year ended with injury at week 10

Bryant never eclipsed 800 in any year ...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/CookBr00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BryaMa00.htm
    I agree. Why do people keep saying that Bryant is better than Cooks? Nothing in their history shows that. Add in Bryant's numerous suspensions and pouting and it makes the comparison even worse.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Bryant is not better than Cooks.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I hate to admit it was a good deal for the Pats but, it will be loss for them as well. Cooks is a good WR and, the Rams are all in.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Taperiots want Rosen.

How funny (sad) would it be for the Bills to do everything they’ve done in order to get Rosen... only to have the Taperiots sneak in front of them to snag him.

I’ve also heard the rumors about ODB, but Belichick doesn’t like to PAY anyone. So, I doubt that that occurs... although, Belichick & Brady did wonders when they had Randy Moss.

I really hope no one is dumb enough to make a deal with the Patriots to trade up for a quarterback. I mean really, if you're a GM, the thought has to go through your head, what is the cost of letting those fuckheads get what they want? It is not insignificant.

Browns are probably dumb enough though.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I really hope no one is dumb enough to make a deal with the Patriots to trade up for a quarterback. I mean really, if you're a GM, the thought has to go through your head, what is the cost of letting those fuckheads get what they want? It is not insignificant.

Browns are probably dumb enough though.
    I would let them spend 2 firsts and would be happy about it ..

my logic is this every year we have 3-4-5 QBs that everyone drools all over themselves about prior to the draft

of those 3 to 5 QBs how many of them 3-4-5 years down the road have panned out ?

20% or less end up being the guy everyone seemed to think they would be

you want to double down on the currency spent ( 1st round picks ) for a shot at getting a guy who has a 20-30% chance or less of being what you thought he would be ? go for it I will laugh at your efforts more often than you will give me reason to applaud them ...

2015 QBs went 1 and 2 overall neither have set the world on fire in the wins department

2014 Three QBs drafted in the first round and Bortles in the only 1 with his original team

2013 EJ Manual was only QB drafted in 1st round where is he at ?

2012 Luck ,RG3 , Ryan Tannehill and Branden Weeden ... how many playoff wins do they have combined ?

2011 Cam Newton , Jake Locker ,Blaine Gabbert , Christian Ponder ......

2010 Sam Bradford the best QB prospect in 30 years they told us he is a can not miss prospect ...what has he won ? oh and Tim Tebow was the other 1st rounder that year

so in summary 16 QBs drafted in the first round from 2010 through 2015 and if we are judging by wins and ability to be on the field week in and week out Cam Newton is the only 1 of the bunch worth a lick of salt ... sure injuries played a part esp with Luck and perhaps RG3 but even if we grade on a huge curve and include them for their limited success odds are still pretty damned slim you walk away with a quality franchise player you are spending a shit ton of resources on

so I say let them trade away 2 first round picks to move up and get a guy that more than likely is closer to Brandon Weedon in 5 years than Tom Brady

on the flip side of the above post ..

round 2 QBs over same time frame

Derek Carr
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Geno Smith
    Brock Osweiler
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Jimmy Clausen

less than half as many selected as round 1 in those same years just as many SB appearances and a higher rate of success percentage wise ( if Jimmy G ends up being what the 49ers are banking on based on his 5 starts 5 wins to end 2017 ) its a slam dunk ...

now I am not saying do not take your shot at a QB when those shots present themselves , but I am saying NEVER over pay for those shots because they come with HIGH risk and often times very low rewards ...
    while pickins may be slimmer rd 2 and on they often present just as high of reward with much less risk

hell take a shot round 4 and beyond every damned year until your room is so full of talent you need not do it if you must ... but those shots are not killing you ... sure if you are desperate because you do not have a franchise QB you cant wait and do this but when you have 1 your foolish not to take cheap shots at a prize

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Thing with QBs and draft trades is that if you get it right and get a franchise guy for the next 10+ years, no one will remember what you paid to get them. Miss and you will be constantly reminded of the franchises crippling cost you paid to trade up and draft a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Thing with QBs and draft trades is that if you get it right and get a franchise guy for the next 10+ years, no one will remember what you paid to get them. Miss and you will be constantly reminded of the franchises crippling cost you paid to trade up and draft a bust.
    why I would never trade up for one .... take my shots when they present themselves