Thread: Game Recognize Game: Julio Jones Gives Props To Martavis Bryant

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Game Recognize Game: Julio Jones Gives Props To Martavis Bryant

Happy and excited for Bryant, seems to have his ducks in a row.

We’ve talked about Martavis Bryant’s offseason a bunch already. And sure, it ultimately doesn’t mean anything if he can’t dramatically improve upon what he did in 2017, leaving a sour taste in the mouth of coaches and fans. But when Julio Jones, one of the best receivers in football gives you a shout, it’s worth listening to.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04...rtavis-bryant/

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Game Recognize Game: Julio Jones Gives Props To Martavis Bryant

Within that article I found this little gem

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...inch-box-jump/

Dude is jumping out of the stadium from a sitting position.

If he continues his upward trajectory, we won't be able to afford him next year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Within that article I found this little gem

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...inch-box-jump/

Dude is jumping out of the stadium from a sitting position.

If he continues his upward trajectory, we won't be able to afford him next year.
    Unless they convince Bryant to sign an extension this year OR he totally flames out -- NO WAY he can be resigned.

Look at what Moncrief, Ryan Grant, and Watkins got on an open market. I would take Bryant over any of those dudes.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Unless they convince Bryant to sign an extension this year OR he totally flames out -- NO WAY he can be resigned.

Look at what Moncrief, Ryan Grant, and Watkins got on an open market. I would take Bryant over any of those dudes.
    I guess we just gotta get the most out of him we can this year. Here's to hoping he has a monster year.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I heard all of this about Bryant last off season also and then he didn't do a whole lot during the season. He'll probably have a better year this year since he's playing for a contract.

No matter what though, he won't be in Pittsburgh after this year.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bryant and Bell will be gone in 2019. No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Saw it in MIB.

All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I heard all of this about Bryant last off season also and then he didn't do a whole lot during the season. He'll probably have a better year this year since he's playing for a contract.

No matter what though, he won't be in Pittsburgh after this year.
    He sat out the entire year as you know. Colbert was impressed with how well he did. But yes, I'm sure he will be gone in 2019

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I heard all of this about Bryant last off season also and then he didn't do a whole lot during the season. .
    Aint that the truth!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    He sat out the entire year as you know.
    That was 2 years ago. Last season he did nothing but pout behind JuJu. Look for the Steelers to add another WR on day 3 for some depth. Maybe day 2 if there is value there.

So Julio Jones is giving props to the Steelers #3 WR. No big story.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bryant and Bell will be gone in 2019. No doubt.
    Roethlisberger will probably be gone too, so it won't really matter.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Bryant was a disappointment this year as of his physical ability. Cool we still have him but not counting on him at all! Cool though we have the next Jerry Rice and JUJU!

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    That was 2 years ago. Last season he did nothing but pout behind JuJu. Look for the Steelers to add another WR on day 3 for some depth. Maybe day 2 if there is value there.

So Julio Jones is giving props to the Steelers #3 WR. No big story.
    Bryant was out the first 4 games of 2015 an all of 2016, so last year was his first season back. No question about his pouting, but it seems like he finally got it together. I think he put a lot of pressure on himself, his girlfriend added more pressure and some of Haleys play calling all added to his problems. I think he did better toward the end of the season and I'm happy we had him when Brown went down. If Bryant is focused, training camp is going to be very interesting.

I'm not counting him out.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Bryant was out the first 4 games of 2015 an all of 2016, so last year was his first season back. No question about his pouting, but it seems like he finally got it together. I think he put a lot of pressure on himself, his girlfriend added more pressure and some of Haleys play calling all added to his problems. I think he did better toward the end of the season and I'm happy we had him when Brown went down. If Bryant is focused, training camp is going to be very interesting.

I'm not counting him out.
    When the lights shined the brightest, so did Bryant. He threw it into an extra gear in that playoff game (which he did in his previous two playoff games, as well). I can’t imagine his stat-line in a SuperBowl (12 receptions for 185 yards, 3 TDs).

As I’ve said for years, Bryant will have an amazing/breakout contract season and become the highest paid free agent WR in NFL history (he’ll sign with the Cowboys).

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Bryant is the WR that could have been. I'm thinking he's burned too many bridges for a return after this season. But WR money being what it is, and the risk/reward factor of a 2 time suspended pot head, he will go somewhere else to earn that gold jacket. Meanwhile, we could draft Anthony Miller and have the best 3 WR set in NFL history. What say you?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Roethlisberger will probably be gone too, so it won't really matter.
    Probably. I have a feeling that 2018 is going to be a disaster...even with Bell and Bryant on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I think/hope this is the year our offense isnt a problem with the moronic 3rd and 1 play calls. Move the chains and hit a few big plays to keep defenses honest and we will be lights out this year. As long as our Def doesnt regress from last year we should be fine (hopefully it improves with yr 2 of Watt and the loss of Mitchell). I think Ben will be here for 2-3 more years as our SB window should last long enough to keep him around. Remember he wanted to at least match Bradshaw's SB wins.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I think this is the year hopefully because, we all know once Ben goes it will be bad for several years. I agree Bell & Bryant are probably gone after this year.