Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Le’Veon Bell Wants Antonio Brown Money; $17 Million Per Season

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Report: Le’Veon Bell Wants Antonio Brown Money; $17 Million Per Season

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    He doesn't want $17M, if he's offered that he wants $18M. If he's offered $18M he wants $20M. I really think he thrives on the drama. Big money drama. Big baller. Big rapper. The dude is gone, forget it.

100%

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

This organization is full of drama, what happened to being a selfless person?? Oh it's 2018 I forgot
    Last edited by Neversatisfied; 03-29-2018 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Misspell

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    This organization is full of drama, what happened to being a selfless person?? Oh it's 2018 I forgot
    I don't expect people to be "selfless" when it comes to money; I mean, anyone would want the best deal they could get, or at least a fair one.

What I would expect is not to be an idiot about it, and Bell-Einstein doesn't even clear that relatively low bar - whether we're talking about the negotiations themselves, the drama he piles on top of it, or the "holdout-when-a-holdout-can't-even-gain-you-anything," or in other words, throwing a shit fit like a small child.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Big Ben 23 mil+ against the cap in 2019 ..AB 2019 cap hit 22 mil + if you paid bell 17mill ( like this week he says he wants /will be more next week ) you would have 63 million a year tied up in 3 roster spots in 2019 (177 million for the team based on 2018 cap number) so 36% of entire cap for 3 players ? on the same side of the ball ...... NO TY
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

it’s so hard to be a hero in a city that paints youu out to be the villain..

https:https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell/statu...63710250098688ter.com/LeVeonBell/status/979463710250098688

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    it’s so hard to be a hero in a city that paints you out to be the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bell has to be the biggest dumbass in the NFL!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...-as-a-villain/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The closer the draft gets the more I hope we go RB in R1.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The closer the draft gets the more I hope we go RB in R1.
    Love Bell as a player and would love for him to be in Pittsburgh long term. His talent doesn’t come around often, but the mire he speaks, the more I hope Guice is the pick at 28.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Love Bell as a player and would love for him to be in Pittsburgh long term. His talent doesn’t come around often, but the mire he speaks, the more I hope Guice is the pick at 28.
    If we're going to take a RB in round 1, I'd rather have Sony Michel.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Bell is just gross anymore. Hard to be a hero? For playing a game that doesn't really matter in anyway, shape or form? Hero's don't play games. Nobody even thinks he is a villain, just a self-centered douche-nozzle that makes Deion Sanders ego look like Barry Sanders.

I can't even say 'thanks, but no thanks', it is just 'no thanks'.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...own-the-blame/

"The bottom line is this. Bell has become a villain in Pittsburgh for many, but it is a villain’s origin story that he has he has written himself. A debate can be had over whether or not it’s fair, but it’s true in any case. Bell’s frustrations over how he is perceived in his own city are real, fair, and accurate. But he is the one who provided the foundation for building up that villainous caricature."

Solid take. The daily pounding that Bell is taking in social media and Steelers focused internet comment threads is something I have not seen. I guess Bonds would've gotten the same treatment if there was this level of social interaction on the internet then. But, as the article says, Bell has had a significant role in creating the beast by totally not understanding the fan base.

I will leave it at this. With all of the horrible and reprehensible things other individuals that have worn the black and gold have done over the years, I do not understand why Bell is among the most vilified. All he has really ever done is get caught smoking a bit of weed (a long long list of players there), play his guts out on the field, drag his team to at least one playoff victory, and generally back up the checks his mouth writes. I feel like if he was holding out over say $10 million per or even $12 million per -- people would still love the guy. But there appears to be some magical threshold that gets crossed right around $12 million or so.

Again, I want to stress that I am not trying to talk anyone out of how they feel about the situation. I just find the overall general phenomena fascinating. Personally, I could give a crap about Leveon Bell the person. As long as we doesn't murder people and do horrible things to women and children, I will have no problem rooting for him on Sundays. The contract demands and social media nonsense - don't move the needle for me at all. But, again, that is just me.

I mean Ray Lewis murdered a guy and he still doesn't have to buy a meal anywhere in Baltimore. If I was Bell, I wouldn't leave my house!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    A past his prime DeAngelo Williams stepped in and the offense didn't miss a beat. I think people are overrating how good Bell actually is.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I will leave it at this. With all of the horrible and reprehensible things other individuals that have worn the black and gold have done over the years, I do not understand why Bell is among the most vilified. All he has really ever done is get caught smoking a bit of weed (a long long list of players there), play his guts out on the field, drag his team to at least one playoff victory, and generally back up the checks his mouth writes. I feel like if he was holding out over say $10 million per or even $12 million per -- people would still love the guy. But there appears to be some magical threshold that gets crossed right around $12 million or so.

Again, I want to stress that I am not trying to talk anyone out of how they feel about the situation. I just find the overall general phenomena fascinating. Personally, I could give a crap about Leveon Bell the person. As long as we doesn't murder people and do horrible things to women and children, I will have no problem rooting for him on Sundays. The contract demands and social media nonsense - don't move the needle for me at all. But, again, that is just me.

I mean Ray Lewis murdered a guy and he still doesn't have to buy a meal anywhere in Baltimore. If I was Bell, I wouldn't leave my house!
    I don't think it has to do with the specific amount of money, or relatively minor off-the-field stuff like smoking weed. It's more like an overall pattern of behavior that gives the distinct impression that the guy doesn't give a shit about the team, or the fans, or winning a Super Bowl, or anything but himself for that matter.

Not only is he being a jerk about the contract situation, he's being a jerk about it in a way that screws the team over. Three years in a row he's bailed on the start of the season over optional non-football shit. The way he's handled the current situation has been unnecessarily sour, and reeks of being a sore loser/sore winner/poor sport or something like that, as well as a bit hypocritical. Demanding respect while giving none.

Short of rape and murder, I don't really give two fucks what people do in their spare time as long as it doesn't affect the team. I don't care if they're nice guys who I'd like to hang out with. But when your attitude and your stupidity start spilling over and affecting the team and its ability to win or plan for the future, then you can go ahead and fuck right off. And when it comes down to it, out of all the players on the entire squad whose bullshit has ACTUALLY negatively affected the team, in a tangible sense, who would be at the top of the list? Bell Bell Bell. Not just random bitching and moaning on social media - ACTUALLY missing games, ACTUALLY blowing off the team, ACTUALLY screwing up offseason plans. You don't want to be here, just fucking say you're moving on next season and act like a man about it, not a child.

Yeah, it's hard to be a hero when you're more concerned with drama, your own ego, and stupid shit like rapping about money and weed.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I will just leave this here for you all to take away from it what you will ....

I read this today..

no team in NFL history has spent 30+ % of its entire 53 man roster on just 3 players from the same side of the football and been a legit contender ...

If Steelers agreed to Bells terms of the day they would be committing 36% of todays cap number ( will be slightly lower percent most likely with cap increases assuming there will be one ) in 2019 ...

not waters I would care to venture into and try and be the Columbus of the Salary cap era

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don't think it has to do with the specific amount of money, or relatively minor off-the-field stuff like smoking weed. It's more like an overall pattern of behavior that gives the distinct impression that the guy doesn't give a shit about the team, or the fans, or winning a Super Bowl, or anything but himself for that matter.

Not only is he being a jerk about the contract situation, he's being a jerk about it in a way that screws the team over. Three years in a row he's bailed on the start of the season over optional non-football shit. The way he's handled the current situation has been unnecessarily sour, and reeks of being a sore loser/sore winner/poor sport or something like that, as well as a bit hypocritical. Demanding respect while giving none.

Short of rape and murder, I don't really give two fucks what people do in their spare time as long as it doesn't affect the team. I don't care if they're nice guys who I'd like to hang out with. But when your attitude and your stupidity start spilling over and affecting the team and its ability to win or plan for the future, then you can go ahead and fuck right off. And when it comes down to it, out of all the players on the entire squad whose bullshit has ACTUALLY negatively affected the team, in a tangible sense, who would be at the top of the list? Bell Bell Bell. Not just random bitching and moaning on social media - ACTUALLY missing games, ACTUALLY blowing off the team, ACTUALLY screwing up offseason plans. You don't want to be here, just fucking say you're moving on next season and act like a man about it, not a child.

Yeah, it's hard to be a hero when you're more concerned with drama, your own ego, and stupid shit like rapping about money and weed.
    I can see where you are coming from and I am not saying that it is wrong. But I see it a bit differently.

Holdouts are holdouts and happen all the time. I don't think his first few games were as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Leveon Bell certainly didn't miss tackles against Chicago. Davis, Burns, Mitchell all went to camp and all got worked in that game.

All he does is eat carries and targets whenever he is in uniform at a rate no one else in the NFL does or perhaps even can. The ONLY time that he "blew off the team" was what eventually was demonstrated to be an uninformed tweet report that on actual reporting was a prior previously excused and recognized absence.

How does he "blow up off-season plans"? He has been consistent in making outsized contract demands for 3 years now. If anyone in the Steelers front office is surprised by Bell's contract demands at this point - well than they are simply not paying attention. I don't think Bell could be anymore clear on where he is at. As the franchise tag amount has gone up - so have his contract demands. Exactly like Cousins' demands did as well. Cousins made it clear that he wasn't interested in playing for the Redskins aside from a certain financial level. Bell has done the same - admittedly in a dumber and more ham-fisted manner -- but it is the same franchise tag gameplan. For me, I don't agree with Bell's valuation at this point and I largely never really have -- but I have always been able to see where he is getting it from and I have never been surprised by his "moving" target. He moves the goalposts based on the increases in the franchise tag, the league salary cap, and the goofy dollar amounts teams are willing to give people like McKinnon and Moncrief. That is actually a ruthless and totally mercenary manner to approach an NFL contract valuation, but it is a valid one. And a predictable one. The day Sammy Watkins signed, the first thing I thought was that Bell's demands were going to walk up.

Long story short. While I was in favor of signing Bell to something long-term in that $12-$15 million window last season -- I no longer support that. He ate like 400 some odd touches last year and will most likely be force-fed that many again this year. So pay him the tag in 2018 and after this season give him a hearty handshake and a solid thanks for his contributions to some winning Steelers teams and let him see what the open market will get him. But do I give a crap about Bell's attitude, beliefs, social media, whatever to form an opinion on him as a hero or a villain? Nope. Never have. Never will. These guys are just laundry.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

But do I give a crap about Bell's attitude, beliefs, social media, whatever to form an opinion on him as a hero or a villain? Nope. Never have. Never will. These guys are just laundry.
    Jerry Seinfeld and I agree

His attitude is his own business and, if it disrupts the locker room, the team's problem - but trolling the fanbase with a tweet he is somehow a misunderstood victim in all of this is going to draw return fire

How does he "blow up off-season plans"? He has been consistent in making outsized contract demands for 3 years now. If anyone in the Steelers front office is surprised by Bell's contract demands at this point - well than they are simply not paying attention. I don't think Bell could be anymore clear on where he is at. As the franchise tag amount has gone up - so have his contract demands. Exactly like Cousins' demands did as well. Cousins made it clear that he wasn't interested in playing for the Redskins aside from a certain financial level. Bell has done the same - admittedly in a dumber and more ham-fisted manner -- but it is the same franchise tag gameplan. For me, I don't agree with Bell's valuation at this point and I largely never really have -- but I have always been able to see where he is getting it from and I have never been surprised by his "moving" target. He moves the goalposts based on the increases in the franchise tag, the league salary cap, and the goofy dollar amounts teams are willing to give people like McKinnon and Moncrief. That is actually a ruthless and totally mercenary manner to approach an NFL contract valuation, but it is a valid one. And a predictable one. The day Sammy Watkins signed, the first thing I thought was that Bell's demands were going to walk up.
    Yes, Bell is being adamant about getting every dollar he can get, and probably isn't coming back to the same team, just like Cousins. The difference is, Cousins did so without most of the bullshit. As far as I know, he stayed mostly silent on the matter other than to say basically, "fine, I'll show up and play on the franchise tag, and then I'm most likely done here." No skipping preseason, no jerking the team around, no will-he-or-won't-he drama, relatively little drama at all for something of that nature. Bell did all that horsecrap (at no benefit to himself, it should be pointed out again) and has made it clear he'll do it again.

A better parallel to Cousins would be someone like ... Alan Faneca, who was definitely unhappy about not having a new deal and even pretty vocal about it, but in the end handled it about as professionally as you could for a situation where a star player was obviously leaving. A better parallel to Bell-Einstein would be more like what Mike Wallace did, and guess what, people despised him for that too. There's a certain word that originated in Pittsburgh for people who behave like that, which fits pretty accurately.

I mean, there are various ways you can handle the last year of your contract, ranging from selfless and stoic, to silent and neutral, to unhappy but professional, to selfish and petulant, and Bell-Einstein has chosen the dumbest one possible. People are saying "fuck you" because Bell is basically saying "fuck you." That's the real long and short of it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Yes, Bell is being adamant about getting every dollar he can get, and probably isn't coming back to the same team, just like Cousins. The difference is, Cousins did so without most of the bullshit. As far as I know, he stayed mostly silent on the matter other than to say basically, "fine, I'll show up and play on the franchise tag, and then I'm most likely done here." No skipping preseason, no jerking the team around, no will-he-or-won't-he drama, relatively little drama at all for something of that nature. Bell did all that horsecrap (at no benefit to himself, it should be pointed out again) and has made it clear he'll do it again.

A better parallel to Cousins would be someone like ... Alan Faneca, who was definitely unhappy about not having a new deal and even pretty vocal about it, but in the end handled it about as professionally as you could for a situation where a star player was obviously leaving. A better parallel to Bell-Einstein would be more like what Mike Wallace did, and guess what, people despised him for that too. There's a certain word that originated in Pittsburgh for people who behave like that, which fits pretty accurately.

I mean, there are various ways you can handle the last year of your contract, ranging from selfless and stoic, to silent and neutral, to unhappy but professional, to selfish and petulant, and Bell-Einstein has chosen the dumbest one possible. People are saying "fuck you" because Bell is basically saying "fuck you." That's the real long and short of it.
    Like I said, everyone can respond to the situation however they want. Bell's attitude and personal presentation clearly bothers some people. And there is nothing wrong with that.

It doesn't bother me in the least and it never really will - unless he goes after the Rooneys or something. Doesn't mean anyone else has to feel that way.

Like I said, everyone can respond to the situation however they want. Bell's attitude and personal presentation clearly bothers some people. And there is nothing wrong with that.

It doesn't bother me in the least and it never really will - unless he goes after the Rooneys or something. Doesn't mean anyone else has to feel that way.
    That's fine, I mean ... Just trying to explain where us ungrateful bastards are coming from.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

That's fine, I mean ... Just trying to explain where us ungrateful bastards are coming from.
    Yup. Totally get that. I just wanted to play a bit of Devil's Advocate. In 10 months it won't matter either way - Bell will be another franchise's problem.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Here's my thought. Does Bell really think so highly of himself that he believes he could do the same things behind another OL? The talent in front of him here far exceeds what he would probably find on a team with the cap space to sign him in 2019. I think he could very well perform like Mike Wallace on another team. Wallace benefitted from having Ben as a QB and while he has had flashes, he hasn't come close to his overall success he had with Ben.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Athletes should really just stay away from social media...lol.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

He shall be Le'Veon, and he shall be a douche bag.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Separating fact from fiction with Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers

Apr 10, 2018
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/po...d-the-steelers