View Poll Results: With the #4 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

3 33.33%
  • Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

4 44.44%
  • Quenton Nelson, LG, Notre Dame

0 0%
  • Bradley Chubb, OLB, NC State

1 11.11%
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

1 11.11%
  • Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (because... Browns)

0 0%

Thread: With the #4 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

With the #4 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

It is time for the annual Steelers Universe mock draft. Each pick will go up for a vote (and discussion). After 24 hours, the player with the most votes becomes the pick. The Jets selected Sam Darnold is a landslide. And now...

The Cleveland Browns are on the clock...

1. CLEV: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.
    2. NYG: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
    3. NYJ: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
    4. CLEV:

Mods, in the past, you’ve allowed us to keep the poll n the man forum for one day, that way we get as many votes as possible. Then, once the vote has been concluded, the thread usually gets moved to the draft section.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: With the #4 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

I think the Browns are interested in Mayfield, which is part of why I went Barkley at pick 1 because Mayfield will be there at 4

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I can't see them passing on Johnny Football 2.0 in Mayfield. I think he is meant to be a Brown. I actually like him but he needs a year or two in the NFL to learn.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I voted for Allen.
    I could totally see Mayfield.

“I” would swap picks with Denver (for their R2 pick: #40) who is afraid that the Bills will trade up to 4. I would draft Nelson at 5... and then take Kyle Lauletta.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The "overwhelming sense" at the USC pro day is that Sam Darnold will be the No. 1 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. - Jeff Darlington, ESPN

The Browns had their entire contingency at the USC pro day, including owner Jimmy Haslam, who sat with Darnold's parents in the stands. I have the Browns taking Darnold and then Saquon Barkley with the first and fourth picks in the 2018 NFL Mock Draft. -Walter

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    The "overwhelming sense" at the USC pro day is that Sam Darnold will be the No. 1 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. - Jeff Darlington, ESPN

The Browns had their entire contingency at the USC pro day, including owner Jimmy Haslam, who sat with Darnold's parents in the stands. I have the Browns taking Darnold and then Saquon Barkley with the first and fourth picks in the 2018 NFL Mock Draft. -Walter

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors
    Hmmm, shall we start over...?

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Mayfield!

Послато са Mi A1 уз помоћ Тапатока

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Hmmm, shall we start over...?
    Lets say the NYG still take Rosen second overall (they have a high price for the #2 overall pick, which could legitimately mean they like Rosen)

1. Darnold
    2. Rosen
    3. Allen
    4. Barkley
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Lets say the NYG still take Rosen second overall (they have a high price for the #2 overall pick, which could legitimately mean they like Rosen)

1. Darnold
    2. Rosen
    3. Allen
    4. Barkley
    I’d bet serious money that’s how it goes. The first real debate for me is if the Browns take Chubb over Barkley at 4. Just signed Hyde and extended Johnson- not the actions of team that feels they MUST take a RB high.

Chubb and Garrett would erase a ton of sins while the rest of the roster gets built out.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I’d bet serious money that’s how it goes. The first real debate for me is if the Browns take Chubb over Barkley at 4. Just signed Hyde and extended Johnson- not the actions of team that feels they MUST take a RB high.

Chubb and Garrett would erase a ton of sins while the rest of the roster gets built out.
    I look at that Hyde signing a little different. I see it as insurance, under a team friendly & manageable contract in case pick 2 or 3 stole Barkley from underneath them. Like you said, with that signing, it’s not the end of the world where they MUST take a RB at 4. But now with that insurance there, they have a plan in case he does get taken. With the Jets moving into that Colts #3 spot, I think that solidified their plan to go QB at one and Barkley at two. The other thing with having Hyde, they don’t have to run the wheels off Barkley coming out of the gates. They can ease him in and try to avoid some of the “rookie legs” that are so often seen.

Not much longer to wait and see if that was indeed their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I look at that Hyde signing a little different. I see it as insurance, under a team friendly & manageable contract in case pick 2 or 3 stole Barkley from underneath them. Like you said, with that signing, it’s not the end of the world where they MUST take a RB at 4. But now with that insurance there, they have a plan in case he does get taken. With the Jets moving into that Colts #3 spot, I think that solidified their plan to go QB at one and Barkley at two. The other thing with having Hyde, they don’t have to run the wheels off Barkley coming out of the gates. They can ease him in and try to avoid some of the “rookie legs” that are so often seen.

Not much longer to wait and see if that was indeed their plan.
    Excellent points. I hadn’t thought about it like that. You have me convinced.

Although the NYG’s trading Pierre Paul likely pushes them towards Chubb at #2 - maybe this all goes different then?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    they have a high price for the #2 overall pick, which could legitimately mean they like Rosen)
    Or... they like Chubb.

Ugh.

Maybe we we need to start this entire draft poll process over.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Or... they like Chubb.

Ugh.

Since it's all for fun, we can just continue as is for a "preview" mock. Then do it again (slightly different title) the week prior... figuring most moves will have been made by that point?

Either way, I gotta pad my post count. You guys are killin'... Ward with 26K... he has way too many opinions. lol j/k 86Ward

Or... they like Chubb.

Ugh.

Much easier to leave as is or if we must change go as recommended earlier with
    1.darnold
    2. Rosen
    3. Allen
    4. Barkley

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I'll go Mayfield in this scenario.

Although, with no Joe Thomas now, could it be Mike McGlinchey? 'Cause it won't matter who the QB is if he's trying to throw laying on his back.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

That would definitely be something Cleveland could build a legit defense around. Would hate to face that twice a year.

Is there going to be a poll for Broncos pick?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Is there going to be a poll for Broncos pick?
    Honestly, I think that we’re going to restart at #1.

Everything out there points to Darnold at #1... which has a domino effect. Then, at #2, the trade rumors are rampant... which changes everything.

I’ve been too busy* to restart it all; I’ll get back to it on Monday.

*(My dad’s retirement party is tomorrow... I’m currently waiting at the airport to pick up my cousin... my b-in-law arrives tomorrow... et cetera...)

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Honestly, I think that we’re going to restart at #1.

Everything out there points to Darnold at #1... which has a domino effect. Then, at #2, the trade rumors are rampant... which changes everything.

I’ve been too busy* to restart it all; I’ll get back to it on Monday.

*(My dad’s retirement party is tomorrow... I’m currently waiting at the airport to pick up my cousin... my b-in-law arrives tomorrow... et cetera...)
    Well if that is the case you can write in Darnold as the 1 pick. Start the poll with the 2 pick. ps cool and blessings to your dad.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Report: Sam Darnold 'a lock' for Browns at No. 1 overall

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartandhp