Thread: Martavis Bryant offers update on his offseason

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Martavis Bryant offers update on his offseason

I'm very happy for Bryant, he seem well on his way now. 2018 is going to be big for him if he stays healthy, hope we can keep him.

Martavis Bryant
    appears to making the most of his 2018 offseason.

A year ago, Bryant was trying to make his way back into the NFL after being suspended for the entire 2016 season. Bryant, who wasn't fully reinstated until the day before the Pittsburgh Steelers' first preseason game of the 2017 season, was conditionally reinstated by the NFL last April but wasn't allowed to participate in the team's OTA or minicamp sessions. He also missed the opening portions of the team's 2017 training camp.
    A year later, Bryant appears to be eager to get things going for the 2018 season after helping Pittsburgh win 13 regular season games in 2017.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...ason-116455396

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Martavis Bryant offers update on his offseason

When I saw Update, I thought he was going to talk about this:

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/st...reational.html

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I have a feeling he's going to have a strong season

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

Agreed!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I have the opposite feeling. I hope yours is right!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    When I saw Update, I thought he was going to talk about this:

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/st...reational.html
    Yeah, probably going to update that he needs something for his glaucoma. Its just for medical purposes.

Well he's making good progress and seems to have learned a bit about life, unlike some other jackass who spends his time with a rapper smoking weed on instagram.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/watch-martavis-bryant-pulls-off-60-inch-box-jump/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I have the opposite feeling. I hope yours is right!
    I hope so too haha. But the main reason why I have faith is he just seems to have that "it" factor. He makes big plays in big games, I really think if he stays out of trouble, he can be a big time player. Unfortunately with the current cap situation, he will probably play himself out of our price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Well he's making good progress and seems to have learned a bit about life, unlike some other jackass who spends his time with a rapper smoking weed on instagram.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/watch-martavis-bryant-pulls-off-60-inch-box-jump/
    NO doubt.

Here's the thing. He has all the physical tools. What we need to see from him is him putting it all together on the field and using the tool between his ears off the field next season if things don't go well for him for a game or two. If he can accomplish that, we might have the best 1-4 receiver corp in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I think if his season after a year long layoff is any indication, he'll blow up in a contract year. Bryant actually has been pretty damn clutch down the stretch this past season. And also in the playoffs before he got suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    NO doubt.

Here's the thing. He has all the physical tools. What we need to see from him is him putting it all together on the field and using the tool between his ears off the field next season if things don't go well for him for a game or two. If he can accomplish that, we might have the best 1-4 receiver corp in the NFL.
    I think he overcame a bunch of that this past season. Someone had to have a good heart to heart with him and I think he got the message. But as "Fire Goodell" said he'll probably be out of our price range in 2019. I really expect him to have a KO season.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Seriously, he was expecting good things right away and was pressing himself.

He needs to be the Randy Moss to AB's Cris Carter and Juju's Jake Reed.

Or the Torry Holt to AB's Isaac Bruce and Juju's AzHakim.

Or just catch the dam ball!