View Poll Results: With the #1 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.

10 50.00%
  • Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

0 0%
  • Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

0 0%
  • Sam Darnold, QB, USC

9 45.00%
  • Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

0 0%
  • Baker Mayfield, WB, Oklahoma

1 5.00%
  • Bradley Chubb, OLB, NC State

0 0%
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With the #1 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: With the #1 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Works for me! In my role as GM of the Browns, I just don't see how you can EVER pass on a "franchise" QB for a RB. And I do believe that Darnold will be better than the rest of this class in the long run.

I agree.

If you're a team that needs a quarterback and you believe a player is a franchise quarterback.....you draft him....period.

We just don't know who the Browns evaluate as the best quarterback in this draft.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I agree.

If you're a team that needs a quarterback and you believe a player is a franchise quarterback.....you draft him....period.

We just don't know who the Browns evaluate as the best quarterback in this draft.
    rumor has it that QB is Darnold...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Browns are debating between Sam Darnold and Josh Allen with the first-overall pick. - Chris Mortensen, ESPN

Yesterday, Dan Patrick reported that the Browns are attempting to feign interest in Sam Darnold to get the Darnold-smitten Giants to move up to No. 1 overall. It would make sense for the teams to swap picks if the Browns ultimately decide that they want to go with Allen. -Walter

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    That would be a mistake. Typical browns

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Everything out there says that the BROWNS want Josh Allen (not Sam Darnold)... which is exactly the QB who I mentioned.

Cleveland Browns: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Saquon Barkley may have been a legitimate option for the top pick at one point, but recent trades will force the Browns into taking a quarterback first overall because they'll almost certainly be able to obtain Barkley with the fourth-overall choice.

The Jets have traded up to No. 3 - go here for my NFL Trade Grades page to see what I've given the Jets and Colts - and it's likely that the Bills, Broncos or Cardinals wil make a move to grab the second-overall selection from the Giants. It's also possible that the Giants will just select Sam Darnold, their top-rated signal-caller. Thus, if the Browns want a specific quarterback, they can just get him here and then snag Barkley at No. 4.

The Browns have been linked to every quarterback not named Josh Rosen. Josh Allen has the biggest arm in this class, and he makes sense for Todd Haley's offense. Darnold is also a strong option. I think it comes down to one of them, and I think I'd give Allen a slight edge right now, per recent reports.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't know who they will select but I hope he refuses to wear the #2.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I can easily see their first pick doubling their wins from the past two seasons.... combined!

Report: Saquon Barkley’s agents don’t want him to go to Cleveland

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 18, 2018

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-cleveland/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s gonna be there unless the Giants save him...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I don't know how the Browns will be able afford to keep all these early picks after their rookie contract is up?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I don't know how the Browns will be able afford to keep all these early picks after their rookie contract is up?
    They won’t. It’s the moneyball approach.

Load up on young talent.
    Hope to strike gold with 7-10 of those players.
    Keep 5 or 6 core guys.
    The other good ones that escape as free agents, turn in R3 comp picks.
    Repeat.

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

I think the Brownies will take Darnold 1st Overall. He's more pro-ready than Allen is at this point. Allen needs to sit on the bench for a couple of years. The Browns ideally need to take a guy that might be able to play now if he's forced into it. I don't see Tyrod Taylor lighting the world on fire. The way the Browns go through Quarterbacks I expect Taylor will make it halfway through the season at most. Darnold or Rosen are the most prepared guys coming out of college. If Allen had to be thrown into the fire, I don't think it'd be good for him. The kid has the intangibles but I think he needs to sit a year or two behind a seasoned quarterback and work on his mechanics, and knowledge of the game.

I think it'll be Darnold #1, and Barkley with #4.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I too think Darnold will become the annual sacrificial lamb. I will send him a sympathy for the death of him career.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
    I think the Brownies will take Darnold 1st Overall. He's more pro-ready than Allen is at this point. Allen needs to sit on the bench for a couple of years. The Browns ideally need to take a guy that might be able to play now if he's forced into it. I don't see Tyrod Taylor lighting the world on fire. The way the Browns go through Quarterbacks I expect Taylor will make it halfway through the season at most. Darnold or Rosen are the most prepared guys coming out of college. If Allen had to be thrown into the fire, I don't think it'd be good for him. The kid has the intangibles but I think he needs to sit a year or two behind a seasoned quarterback and work on his mechanics, and knowledge of the game.

I think it'll be Darnold #1, and Barkley with #4.
    I think the Brownies will take Darnold at #1 also but I think the Giants at #2 will then pick Barkley...

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I think the Brownies will take Darnold at #1 also but I think the Giants at #2 will then pick Barkley...
    I just don't see the Giants skipping out on Rosen. I think if the Brownies take Darnold, the Giants will take Rosen, and the Jets will take either Mayfield, or Allen. I think Barkley will still be available at #4.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

4/24: Baker Mayfield is "definitely" in the conversation to be the first-overall pick. - Adam Schefter, ESPN

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft

Because, Browns

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Rosen - most ready to play now and maybe highest floor of the big 3 QB prospects.
    Allen - eye-popping physical tools and (by far) the highest bust potential
    Mayfield - medium ceiling and medium floor because of his accuracy
    Darnold - needs to keep growing, but ceiling almost as high as Allen and almost as ready to play as Rosen.

What am I getting at? Darnold just looks like the pick of the litter and Allen looks like the hardest roll of the dice and a "bust" that can Ryan Leaf a franchise.

Allen is the pick. It is the Browns. What do we honestly think they are going to do? Be sensible?

I think Rosen is going to be the best QB from this class. Polished, pro ready, smart
    Darnold could have a really good career, but his turnovers and the track record of USC QBs give me pause that he may be just average
    I think Mayfield and Allen end up busts. Mayfeild seems like an on-field Johnny Football and QBs from these gimmick offenses really don't pan out. Meanwhile, Allen to me screams draft bust. Accuracy issues, failed consistently against power 5 schools (some will point to Ben's 5 INT game against Iowa in 03, but he had a great game against Iowa in 02), not polished at all.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I think Rosen is going to be the best QB from this class.
    Absolutely... if for no other reason than his interview on NFL Network yesterday.

Holy crap!!!! talk about awakening the sleeping giant.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

If the Browns go with Mayfield they are a lost cause.

My guess is Josh Allen and then at 4 they take either Barkley or Chubbs.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Poor Sam Donald goes #1 to the Browns and joins the long list of QB busts.
    This. After the Browns managed to trade away picks that became Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson in the last two years, I think they don't want to risk it this time. And, being the Browns, their QB winds up as a bust.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    4/24: Baker Mayfield is "definitely" in the conversation to be the first-overall pick. - Adam Schefter, ESPN

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft

Because, Browns
    Robert Klemko just said Baker doesn't think he's going to the Browns. He said Baker thinks he's going to Jets or Broncos ...whatever that is worth
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

With the #1 overall pick, the BROWNS select...

That’s nothing but positive thinking on the part of Baker...

All kidding aside though, the Browns situation as it stands is pretty damn good if the right QB with the right attitude goes in there. Cleveland is poised to be in the best position of any AFC North Team in the next 3-4 years.
    Last edited by 86WARD; 04-26-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Mike Freeman's NFL Draft Notebook: Browns Blow It, Again

Browns blow another draft

It's sometimes too easy to pick on the Browns. But dear God, do they make it easy.

to read rest of article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-and-of-course

Judging by this brutal first pitch, Baker Mayfield already looks like a Cleveland Browns QB

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judging-b...153549741.html

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I wonder if the Browns will pick another QB next year with the #1 pick?
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I wonder if the Browns will pick another QB next year with the #1 pick?

I think the Browns have learned their lesson. Next year they will take a QB in the 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds.

AML