Thread: My mock draft

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

My mock draft

1 ) ILB Vander Esch. Evans has to run a 40 sooner or later. Until he does ( Hopefully under 4.7 ) I'll take Vander Esch. He's a smart, active player vs. the run or passes with speed, range, and length. He moves like a big safety. I wish I could see it vs. better competition, but I do think he is a three down ILB in the NFL who can start and upgrade us at a very weak position.

2 ) Saftey Ried. Okay Maybe Reid won't be there, so Bates is option #2, but I like Reid's ball skills, hands and leaping ability on film. Tackling is a bit of a concern. His timed speed was fantastic.

3 ) Running Back Penny. A big back with speed, and excellent production, Penny stood out at the senior bowl. I like him enough for round two, and with our OL, and skill players spreading the field, he could fit very nicely for under a million a season for several years a sharp contract to Me'Von Bell's 14.5M a season.

5 A ) Saftey, Apke. Blazing fast, with excellent leaping ability, Apke only started one season. However, his production in the Big Ten for that season was solid. Apke needs more reps. He has excellent upside, and at the very least should be a good special teams player. Worth a gamble in round five.

5 B ) Punter. Dickson is a once in a few years type of prospect who can boom the ball, or pin it inside the 20's. Evaluating punters is pretty straightforward. I think Dickson has pro bowl ability. Berry isn't very good and is scheduled to make 1.9 million this season. We could have Dickson for about a 1/3 of that amount and upgrade, so why not?

7 A ) Defensive Tackle / Nost Tackle. Senat. Came on strong his senior year, making 66 tackles ( 10.5 for losses ) and six sacks. An impressive number for a Defensive tackle. Reports say he has a good effort and is no stranger to overcoming adversity due to a tragic type of youth.

7B ) Offensive Tackle. Leonard. A high upside guy who switched from Defense to the offense, worth a gamble here.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: My mock draft

28: R1P28

LB RASHAAN EVANS ALABAMA - failure to run a legit 40 before the draft scares teams off and he slips from his high-water mark in projections.

60: R2P28

RB KERRYON JOHNSON AUBURN - Colbert and company send a strong signal that Bell can take his contract demands elsewhere. Draft the closest thing to a L Bell clone that you are going to find.

92: R3P28

S JESSIE BATES III WAKE FOREST - Missed safeties in the first and second round, so here we are. Marriage of value and need.

148: R5P11

OT WILL RICHARDSON NORTH CAROLINA STATE - I know nothing about o-linemen. Just figured that Munch always gets one. Seemed as good a place as any. Took the highest one left on the board. Other options here include that monster DT from Connecticut or any lineman.

165: R5P28

TE TROY FUMAGALLI WISCONSIN - Not sure this happens. All dependent on what they want at the position. IF they want someone to function like a mobile blocker with some recieving ability - here he is. IF they want a seam stretching receiving option, this is not the guy.

220: R7P2

CB ADONIS ALEXANDER VIRGINIA TECH - size speed guy that I hope is over his off-field issues. When he does play, he seems to find the ball.

246: R7P28

WR CEDRICK WILSON BOISE STATE - how does this not happen? Legacy guy that can return kicks, play all 3 WR roles, and runs really good routes with only 2 years of experience at the position at the college level. I mean even without the last name, this guy has late round Steelers WR draft pick essentially stamped on his forehead.

Not my preferred draft perhaps, but I think a potentially realistic set of options.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: My mock draft

Round 1 Pick 28: Evans, Rashaan, OLB/ILB, Alabama (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 28: Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (B)
    Round 3 Pick 28: Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 11: Phillips, Skyler, OG, Idaho State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 28: Herndon, Christopher, TE, Miami (FL) (A)
    Round 7 Pick 2: ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 28: Ferguson, Riley, QB, Memphis (A+)