Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers signed a free agent ILB...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: The Steelers signed a free agent ILB...

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Something tells me I hope your gut is wrong. I watched Rudolph in the WVU game and looked at some tape and he has an OK arm, but seemed inconsistent. It was interesting to hear Steve Smith at the combine say that he saw several of Rudolphs throws sail in some film study that he did. Mayock talks about his deep ball accuracy, but didn't say much about his 20 yard and under throws.

IMO, Rudolph takes his left hand off the ball early a lot of times and is just throwing with all right arm and shoulder. He doesn't get legs, hip turn, shoulder rotation, arm all working in the same direction and it is inconsistent. As much as I am not a Mayfield fan of his footwork....when Baker Mayfield gets his feet set in the right direction and throws in rythmn, he puts it all together in terms of mechanics. I don't see a lot of that with Rudolph. I like Mike White better as a QB.
    I agree with all of that. He floats a lot of balls (lobs it like a softball); I can see DBs breaking in his passes left & right.

Allow me to clarify. My gut tells me it’s Rudolph, and it has told me that for four months. But, I’m not really that big of a fan of his. I do think he’s Colbert’s preference, but my preference is Kyle Lauletta.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: The Steelers signed a free agent ILB...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I agree with all of that. He floats a lot of balls (lobs it like a softball); I can see DBs breaking in his passes left & right.

Allow me to clarify. My gut tells me it’s Rudolph, and it has told me that for four months. But, I’m not really that big of a fan of his. I do think he’s Colbert’s preference, but my preference is Kyle Lauletta.
    OK, thanks for the clarification. I like Lauletta as well. He appears to make a lot of pre snap evaluation and makes good decisions and I like his footwork and delivery. He just seems to have not that strong of an arm and might be a better west coast type guy IMO. I want to make the Kirk Cousins comparison, but I think Cousins has better arm strength.