Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

What’s the word? Are we talking to anyone? Rumors?

Whatcha got? Post it up.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

people asking about #Steelers and free Agency ...my best answer is plug in the movie groundhog day and you will have all the answers I have ......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I haven't heard a single thing about the Steelers, not even a rumor.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...lers-116189184

Avery Williamson, like this much better than Timmons returning.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...lers-116189184

Avery Williamson, like this much better than Timmons returning.
    Nope. You snooze, you lose. Another ILB off the market...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Nope. You snooze, you lose. Another ILB off the market...
    Who took him?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Jets expected to sign him.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

And here come the people acting like super bowls are won in the first week of free agency complain about the Steelers waiting in free agency

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    And here come the people acting like super bowls are won in the first week of free agency complain about the Steelers waiting in free agency
    Browns are winning the Super Bowl this year!!!

FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

ILB Josh Bynes re-signing with the Cardinals.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Think I saw a tweet the other day about how a weak WR class has inflated the prices of FA receivers. Just another reason to be thankful that we have Juju and Bryant around on their rookie deals...

Sammy Watkins on a 3 year $48 million dollar deal. Abundant potential obviously with his pedigree, but little to show for it...the Sam Bradford of WR's as it stands for now
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Seahawks re-signed FS Bradley McDougald to a three year/$13 million deal. It is significant, because he is the ONLY free agent of their own that they even negotiated with, let alone re-signed.

That’s not starter money, but it does allow them to move Earl Thomas.

As in... please, let the Steelers be trading for Earl Thomas.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Seahawks re-signed FS Bradley McDougald to a three year/$13 million deal. It is significant, because he is the ONLY free agent of their own that they even negotiated with, let alone re-signed.

That’s not starter money, but it does allow them to move Earl Thomas.

As in... please, let the Steelers be trading for Earl Thomas.
    Seahawks re-sign S Bradley McDougald (3 years, $13.95 million): B Grade

Unlike the massive overpay at the same time today, this contract is far more reasonable. Contrary to James Hurst, Bradley McDougald is a competent player who figures to be a positive contributor in 2018.

Re-signing McDougald was important for the Seahawks. Given that Kam Chancellor will miss time with an injury, and Earl Thomas is talking about getting traded, McDougald will start numerous games next year. He's not a great player by any means, but he's a decent starter who plays well in coverage. His tackling needs to improve, but he certainly won't embarrass himself.

The money seems right for McDougald, so I'm going to award Seattle a solid "B" grade for this move.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Browns are winning the Super Bowl this year!!!

They can only win with Tomlin's players.....

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    They can only win with Tomlin's players.....
    I throw one at you........... After the Browns fire their coach after (or during) the 2018 season, Bill Cowher comes out of retirement to coach the Browns and leads them to the playoffs in 2019.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I throw one at you........... After the Browns fire their coach after (or during) the 2018 season, Bill Cowher comes out of retirement to coach the Browns and leads them to the playoffs in 2019.
    ...and loses in the AFCCG.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You will know they are getting serious with someone when you see another restructure and Mitchell get's released. Immediately after that, I bet we hear about a signing. If those two things do not happen, then we flirted with some dudes but they left us hanging for a prettier girl with a richer daddy. Or something - that metaphor fell apart.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

All the top LB's have been signed. Unless they can trade for Mychal Kendricks(someone I wanted them to trade for last offseason) they may have to look at safeties.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    All the top LB's have been signed. Unless they can trade for Mychal Kendricks(someone I wanted them to trade for last offseason) they may have to look at safeties.
    And all those guys got just goofy money. It is amazing that Hightower struggled to get $10 million on the open market last year and now guys that are not as good as him are easily getting 9+ million.

There is nothing more dangerous than an NFL GM with money and a 6-10 to 8-8 team.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And all those guys got just goofy money. It is amazing that Hightower struggled to get $10 million on the open market last year and now guys that are not as good as him are easily getting 9+ million.

There is nothing more dangerous than an NFL GM with money and a 6-10 to 8-8 team.
    The market seems to change every other year it seems.

The Giants just made Nate Solder the highest paid offensive lineman in the league, just amazing. These type of deals can come back and haunt a team for 2-3 years.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

As of now....I think the market is leaning towards us getting OL depth in free agency. That seems to be where the supply/demand has value at this point. (Solder not withstanding)
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

The Giants just made Nate Solder the highest paid offensive lineman in the league, just amazing. These type of deals can come back and haunt a team for 2-3 years.
    Notice how (mostly) teams that don't suck year in and year out are NOT involved in this nonsense? I guess they Giants are usually good...but other than that....

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

According to the Sporting News Free agent tracker...

Pittsburgh Steelers

2/10 — Re-signed FB Roosevelt Nix to four-year contract extension
    3/6 — Offered franchise tag to RB Le’Veon Bell
    3/12 — Released CB William Gay
    3/12 — Released S Mike Mitchell
    3/12 — Signed K Chris Boswell to one-year contract

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

A singularity will form at the center of the universe and swallow everything.

Spot on

Especially for a player that wouldn't be in the top 20 at his position. Furthermore....He is going to be 30 years old next month. Its not like he is an ascending player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post

Pittsburgh Steelers

Good....sorry to say it...but he was the weakest link in our defensive backfield.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post

Pittsburgh Steelers

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. There's no mention anywhere else of him getting released. I just checked nfl.com and there's no transaction for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's wrong. There's no mention anywhere else of him getting released. I just checked nfl.com and there's no transaction for him.
    Mitchell and Gay are going to be cut, should be announced later today.

Mitchell and Gay are going to be cut, should be announced later today.
    "are going to be" is the key there. That site lists him as having been cut two days ago. I have also yet to even read anything saying definitively that Mitchell is being cut, unlike Gay. I sure hope that it happens but it hasn't yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Mathieu was just released by AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    "are going to be" is the key there. That site lists him as having been cut two days ago. I have also yet to even read anything saying definitively that Mitchell is being cut, unlike Gay. I sure hope that it happens but it hasn't yet.
    Because they are waiting until 4pm to do so.

He gone