Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 88 of 88

Thread: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

  1. #61
    Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucyrus, OH
    Gender
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    So... I have to put this out there. I see Mike pouncey asked for his release. I know we desperately need help on D, but I can't help but think about an interior Oline with the pouncey twins and Decastro. Unless he's too banged up.

    Just a random thought/dream.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

  2. #62
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,017

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    So... I have to put this out there. I see Mike pouncey asked for his release. I know we desperately need help on D, but I can't help but think about an interior Oline with the pouncey twins and Decastro. Unless he's too banged up.

    Just a random thought/dream.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Is he willing to play for less than Ramon Foster's cap number? That's the only way I could see that happening, so ... probably not.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!



  4. #64
    Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    9,506

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    So... I have to put this out there. I see Mike pouncey asked for his release. I know we desperately need help on D, but I can't help but think about an interior Oline with the pouncey twins and Decastro. Unless he's too banged up.

    Just a random thought/dream.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Ramon Foster has been playing solid football for 4 years running now. BJ Finney is the obvious heir apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.
    Final Mock Draft: 1st-OLB TJ Watt, 2nd-S Josh Jones, 3rd-QB Brad Kaaya 3rd- CB Rasul Douglas 4th-RB Marlon Mack, 5th- CB Damontae Kazee 6th- OLB Javancy Jones, 7th WR Jehu Chesson, UDFA: ILB Ben Boulware, SS Tedric Thompson, TE Scott Orndoff, DT Patrick Gamble

    Desired Mock Draft: 1st-OLB TJ Watt, 2nd-S Jabrill Peppers, 3rd-TE Jake Butt, 3rd-RB Marlon Mack, 4th-CB Jourdan Lewis, 5th-CB Rasul Douglas, 6th-OLB Javancy Jones 7th-WR Jehu Chesson, UDFA: SS Tedric Thompson, ILB Ben Boulware, DE Ifeadi Odenigbo, QB Chad Kelly

  5. #65
    Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,364

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Ramon Foster has been playing solid football for 4 years running now. BJ Finney is the obvious heir apparent.
    I agree. There's really no reason to spend money on a guy like Mike Pouncey.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

  6. #66
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    in a cave
    Gender
    Posts
    2,063

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I agree. There's really no reason to spend money on a guy like Mike Pouncey.

    besides Foster is a built in emergency Tackle that wont get your QB killed
    Websters definition of Arm Chair QB
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/image.php?u=1634&type=sigpic&dateline=1505961486

  7. #67
    Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is an unknown quantity at this point">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    128

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    What’s the word? Are we talking to anyone? Rumors?

    Whatcha got? Post it up.
    Bell needs to sign now, then we can relax a bit for free agency and the draft...or even trade him.

  8. #68
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    27,081

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    So... I have to put this out there. I see Mike pouncey asked for his release. I know we desperately need help on D, but I can't help but think about an interior Oline with the pouncey twins and Decastro. Unless he's too banged up.

    Just a random thought/dream.

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    I dream about that trio often...




  9. #69
    Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Posts
    312

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Can anyone tell me if Matthew Slater (Pats) is any good? Special team player and could he benefit the Steelers?

  10. #70
    Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,364

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Matthew Slater (Pats) is any good? Special team player and could he benefit the Steelers?
    Great special teams player but that's it.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

  11. #71
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    4,327

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I agree. There's really no reason to spend money on a guy like Mike Pouncey.
    I don't know how much money it would take to get him here, but I'm willing to listen. Right now we have Maurkice at center, Foster and DeCastro at guards, and Finney backing up all 3 positions. Finney may be the heir apparent when Foster retires, but bringing in the other Pouncey brother is not a terrible idea, IMO. Cost is everything.

  12. #72
    Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,364

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't know how much money it would take to get him here, but I'm willing to listen. Right now we have Maurkice at center, Foster and DeCastro at guards, and Finney backing up all 3 positions. Finney may be the heir apparent when Foster retires, but bringing in the other Pouncey brother is not a terrible idea, IMO. Cost is everything.
    He refused to take a pay cut in Miami. That's why he was released. The Steelers also just don't have a need for him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

  13. #73
    Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Posts
    312

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Great special teams player but that's it.
    Thank you! Wonder if we signed him though.

  14. #74
    Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,364

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    Thank you! Wonder if we signed him though.
    I haven't heard anything but I don't think that we have the luxury of using a roster spot for a player who strictly plays special teams.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

  15. #75
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,017

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I haven't heard anything but I don't think that we have the luxury of using a roster spot for a player who strictly plays special teams.
    Well, we already do that with DHB. But we certainly don't have the luxury of using TWO roster spots.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  16. #76
    Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Gender
    Posts
    14,364

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well, we already do that with DHB. But we certainly don't have the luxury of using TWO roster spots.
    DHB can play WR, at least at a level that's higher than Slater. Not to say that he's any good. Slater is, or least has been, a Pro Bowl ST player. DHB would definitely be the one hitting the street if Slater were signed.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

  17. #77
    Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Posts
    312

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I haven't heard anything but I don't think that we have the luxury of using a roster spot for a player who strictly plays special teams.
    Yeah I didn't really know anything about him. For some reason I thought he was a corner, but he's not huge and if I didn't know better I would have thought he was a security guard. Again thank you!

  18. #78
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    27,081

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Steelers and Cowboys are the only two teams to not either sign an outside free agent or make a trade.




  19. #79
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    27,081

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Chargers signed Pouncey.




  20. #80
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    27,081

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Eagles gave Mike Wallace a one year deal.




  21. #81
    Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Aloha State
    Gender
    Posts
    4,765

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Fowler: Steelers Showing Interest In RB Alfred Blue

    BY ALEX KOZORA MARCH 22, 2018

    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...b-alfred-blue/

  22. #82
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    6,522

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Fowler: Steelers Showing Interest In RB Alfred Blue

    BY ALEX KOZORA MARCH 22, 2018

    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...b-alfred-blue/
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

  23. #83

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    So,

    Let's say this is correct and Reid has chosen no longer to protest anthems. If that is true, do you bring him in for a look at safety? We've already picked up one guy, but we have a few more to go. On top of that, it'd be nice to have our DBs set so we can focus on LB, TE, and whatever else in the draft. On the other hand, is it worth it bringing in someone that's been this high profile for reasons that make him stand out as an individual over and above the team?

    And, let's get a few comments out of the way first.

    1. "He's only doing this because there's been little interest in the market." Um, yeah. That's a given. But even so, he's recognized the effect his actions have had, which is more than I can say about our Einstein RB.
      .
    2. "We already got a safety in FA." True, but someone with a history of injury and in a league that is still predominantly a passing league.
      .
    3. "I'd rather pick one up in the draft. It'll be cheaper." Again, that's true, but we're less assured of the talent level and we need those picks to fill other holes.
    “Life is a series of decisions you make that add up to your reputation. Do the right thing.”
    —Dan Rooney (1932-2017)

  24. #84
    Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    6,987

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So,

    Let's say this is correct and Reid has chosen no longer to protest anthems. If that is true, do you bring him in for a look at safety? We've already picked up one guy, but we have a few more to go. On top of that, it'd be nice to have our DBs set so we can focus on LB, TE, and whatever else in the draft. On the other hand, is it worth it bringing in someone that's been this high profile for reasons that make him stand out as an individual over and above the team?

    And, let's get a few comments out of the way first.

    1. "He's only doing this because there's been little interest in the market." Um, yeah. That's a given. But even so, he's recognized the effect his actions have had, which is more than I can say about our Einstein RB.
      .
    2. "We already got a safety in FA." True, but someone with a history of injury and in a league that is still predominantly a passing league.
      .
    3. "I'd rather pick one up in the draft. It'll be cheaper." Again, that's true, but we're less assured of the talent level and we need those picks to fill other holes.

    Art II wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself--and you are
    the easiest person to fool."

    --Richard Feynmann

  25. #85
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    27,081

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Rather have Boston than Reid...and I’d pass on Alfred Blue...no thanks.




  26. #86
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    6,522

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So,

    Let's say this is correct and Reid has chosen no longer to protest anthems. If that is true, do you bring him in for a look at safety? We've already picked up one guy, but we have a few more to go. On top of that, it'd be nice to have our DBs set so we can focus on LB, TE, and whatever else in the draft. On the other hand, is it worth it bringing in someone that's been this high profile for reasons that make him stand out as an individual over and above the team?

    And, let's get a few comments out of the way first.

    1. "He's only doing this because there's been little interest in the market." Um, yeah. That's a given. But even so, he's recognized the effect his actions have had, which is more than I can say about our Einstein RB.
      .
    2. "We already got a safety in FA." True, but someone with a history of injury and in a league that is still predominantly a passing league.
      .
    3. "I'd rather pick one up in the draft. It'll be cheaper." Again, that's true, but we're less assured of the talent level and we need those picks to fill other holes.
    I would totally see if he would be willing to come in and take a 1 year deal to rehab his value to play in big nickel alignments and a “money backer” role. Benefits team and player.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #87
    Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Aloha State
    Gender
    Posts
    4,765

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I would totally see if he would be willing to come in and take a 1 year deal to rehab his value to play in big nickel alignments and a “money backer” role. Benefits team and player.
    I would rather draft his brother...

  28. #88
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    6,522

    Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I would rather draft his brother...
    Yeah. He looks like the better fit for sure and maybe the better overall player.

    Bottom line is that either Reid brother makes the team better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •