Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

So... I have to put this out there. I see Mike pouncey asked for his release. I know we desperately need help on D, but I can't help but think about an interior Oline with the pouncey twins and Decastro. Unless he's too banged up.

Just a random thought/dream.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    So... I have to put this out there. I see Mike pouncey asked for his release. I know we desperately need help on D, but I can't help but think about an interior Oline with the pouncey twins and Decastro. Unless he's too banged up.

Is he willing to play for less than Ramon Foster's cap number? That's the only way I could see that happening, so ... probably not.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Ramon Foster has been playing solid football for 4 years running now. BJ Finney is the obvious heir apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Ramon Foster has been playing solid football for 4 years running now. BJ Finney is the obvious heir apparent.
    I agree. There's really no reason to spend money on a guy like Mike Pouncey.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

besides Foster is a built in emergency Tackle that wont get your QB killed
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    What’s the word? Are we talking to anyone? Rumors?

Whatcha got? Post it up.
    Bell needs to sign now, then we can relax a bit for free agency and the draft...or even trade him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I dream about that trio often...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

Can anyone tell me if Matthew Slater (Pats) is any good? Special team player and could he benefit the Steelers?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Matthew Slater (Pats) is any good? Special team player and could he benefit the Steelers?
    Great special teams player but that's it.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't know how much money it would take to get him here, but I'm willing to listen. Right now we have Maurkice at center, Foster and DeCastro at guards, and Finney backing up all 3 positions. Finney may be the heir apparent when Foster retires, but bringing in the other Pouncey brother is not a terrible idea, IMO. Cost is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't know how much money it would take to get him here, but I'm willing to listen. Right now we have Maurkice at center, Foster and DeCastro at guards, and Finney backing up all 3 positions. Finney may be the heir apparent when Foster retires, but bringing in the other Pouncey brother is not a terrible idea, IMO. Cost is everything.
    He refused to take a pay cut in Miami. That's why he was released. The Steelers also just don't have a need for him.

Great special teams player but that's it.
    Thank you! Wonder if we signed him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    Thank you! Wonder if we signed him though.
    I haven't heard anything but I don't think that we have the luxury of using a roster spot for a player who strictly plays special teams.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I haven't heard anything but I don't think that we have the luxury of using a roster spot for a player who strictly plays special teams.
    Well, we already do that with DHB. But we certainly don't have the luxury of using TWO roster spots.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well, we already do that with DHB. But we certainly don't have the luxury of using TWO roster spots.
    DHB can play WR, at least at a level that's higher than Slater. Not to say that he's any good. Slater is, or least has been, a Pro Bowl ST player. DHB would definitely be the one hitting the street if Slater were signed.

Yeah I didn't really know anything about him. For some reason I thought he was a corner, but he's not huge and if I didn't know better I would have thought he was a security guard. Again thank you!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers and Cowboys are the only two teams to not either sign an outside free agent or make a trade.

Chargers signed Pouncey.

Eagles gave Mike Wallace a one year deal.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Fowler: Steelers Showing Interest In RB Alfred Blue

BY ALEX KOZORA MARCH 22, 2018

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...b-alfred-blue/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Fowler: Steelers Showing Interest In RB Alfred Blue

BY ALEX KOZORA MARCH 22, 2018

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...b-alfred-blue/
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

So,

Let's say this is correct and Reid has chosen no longer to protest anthems. If that is true, do you bring him in for a look at safety? We've already picked up one guy, but we have a few more to go. On top of that, it'd be nice to have our DBs set so we can focus on LB, TE, and whatever else in the draft. On the other hand, is it worth it bringing in someone that's been this high profile for reasons that make him stand out as an individual over and above the team?

And, let's get a few comments out of the way first.

1. "He's only doing this because there's been little interest in the market." Um, yeah. That's a given. But even so, he's recognized the effect his actions have had, which is more than I can say about our Einstein RB.
    2. "We already got a safety in FA." True, but someone with a history of injury and in a league that is still predominantly a passing league.
    3. "I'd rather pick one up in the draft. It'll be cheaper." Again, that's true, but we're less assured of the talent level and we need those picks to fill other holes.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So,

Let's say this is correct and Reid has chosen no longer to protest anthems. If that is true, do you bring him in for a look at safety? We've already picked up one guy, but we have a few more to go. On top of that, it'd be nice to have our DBs set so we can focus on LB, TE, and whatever else in the draft. On the other hand, is it worth it bringing in someone that's been this high profile for reasons that make him stand out as an individual over and above the team?

1. "He's only doing this because there's been little interest in the market." Um, yeah. That's a given. But even so, he's recognized the effect his actions have had, which is more than I can say about our Einstein RB.
    2. "We already got a safety in FA." True, but someone with a history of injury and in a league that is still predominantly a passing league.
    3. "I'd rather pick one up in the draft. It'll be cheaper." Again, that's true, but we're less assured of the talent level and we need those picks to fill other holes.

Art II wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Rather have Boston than Reid...and I’d pass on Alfred Blue...no thanks.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So,

I would totally see if he would be willing to come in and take a 1 year deal to rehab his value to play in big nickel alignments and a “money backer” role. Benefits team and player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I would totally see if he would be willing to come in and take a 1 year deal to rehab his value to play in big nickel alignments and a “money backer” role. Benefits team and player.
    I would rather draft his brother...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I would rather draft his brother...
    Yeah. He looks like the better fit for sure and maybe the better overall player.

Bottom line is that either Reid brother makes the team better.