Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Because they are waiting until 4pm to do so.

He gone
    I sure as Hell hope that the Steelers don't bring him back. Just get rid of him.

Why does this site not quote properly some time?
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I sure as Hell hope that the Steelers don't bring him back. Just get rid of him.

Why does this site not quote properly some time?

Believe you wrote above the quotes
    Are you making sure you're writing under the [quote]?

*Did an example with the Red writing above* when you don't.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

[QUOTE=BlackAndGold;636913]Are you making sure you're writing under the
    ?

*Did an example with the Red writing above* when you don't.
    Yes. I'm a Software Engineer and write web apps so I know how basic HTML works. The closing quote tag is before my text but it's not getting closed.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with quoting a post that has a tweet in it.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Joe Thomas is retiring. That leaves a gaping hole at LT for the Browns.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

[QUOTE=SteelerFanInStl;636915]
    Are you making sure you're writing under the

Yes. I'm a Software Engineer and write web apps so I know how basic HTML works. The closing quote tag is before my text but it's not getting closed.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with quoting a post that has a tweet in it.
    Tweets seem to give the quote feature all kinds of problems.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

[QUOTE=SteelerFanInStl;636915]
    Are you making sure you're writing under the

Twitter is the devil.

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Thomas is retiring. That leaves a gaping hole at LT for the Browns.

One hell of a player
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Hater = Realist

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Zach Brown LB from Reskins?
    Tre Boston S from Chargers?
    Tyrell Pryor FA WR
    Tyran Mathieu S from Cardnials
    Lawrence Timmons

All on my wish list

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

"are going to be" is the key there. That site lists him as having been cut two days ago. I have also yet to even read anything saying definitively that Mitchell is being cut, unlike Gay. I sure hope that it happens but it hasn't yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Mathieu was just released by AZ.
    This intrigues me, but he's hurt a lot and has already torn BOTH of his ACL's by age 25.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    rescind Bells tag and sign this man , secondary issues become less eye opening ( we lost in playoffs because we could not stop a shitty QB or his running game not because we couldn't score points)

draft the RB to compliment Conner and call it a day
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    This intrigues me, but he's hurt a lot and has already torn BOTH of his ACL's by age 25.
    I'm intrigued also but yea, the injuries are scary and some team is going to offer him a big contract. Maybe that will give us a better chance of signing one of the other FA safeties.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    rescind Bells tag and sign this man , secondary issues become less eye opening ( we lost in playoffs because we could not stop a shitty QB or his running game not because we couldn't score points)

draft the RB to compliment Conner and call it a day
    Why? A sub 200 pound safety who injuries have sapped of his explosion and playmaking ability? Has one season without a massive injury. His own team (who has cap space) determined that he simply isn't the "Honey Badger" any longer because his body is breaking down.

When he is at his best, Mathieu is a disruptive force out of the slot in a hybrid safety/CB role where he helps in run support and is a highly effective blitzer off the edge. Sound like anyone else you can think of? I don't know, maybe Mike Hilton who costs pennies on the dollar?

So, an injury prone player who despite playing a ton of snaps last season (for the first time ever) made less impactful plays, ranked in the middle of the CB pack in coverage, and Mike Hilton had 3 more sacks, same # of INTS and only 1 less pass defensed.

But yeah, let's get to the front of the line to give the dude a big pay-day. Great player, but he is already more name than game.

Really hope they'll offer something for Kendricks. He is not Shazier but he would bring speed to the defense.

Trade for Kendricks (A 5th rounder for MK, or maybe Sensabaugh+7th rounder for MK)
    Sign: Safety, Terrence Brooks
    Sign: ILB, Kevin Pierre-Louis

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

People/media (not directed at a single person here) keep ragging on Mathieu because of his “injuries” yet he led the league in plays played in 2017. Yet some of the same say Maurkice Pouncey isn’t injury prone...his injuries are “excused”...

Just saying.

Bradham re-signing with Eagles. Eagles also signing Ngata to a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Demario Davis (LB) gonna sign with the Saints...

Todd Davis (LB) re-signing with the Broncos...

Patriots keep Rex Burkhead

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Todd Davis (LB) re-signing with the Broncos...
    Another possible signing gone...

People/media (not directed at a single person here) keep ragging on Mathieu because of his “injuries” yet he led the league in plays played in 2017. Yet some of the same say Maurkice Pouncey isn’t injury prone...his injuries are “excused”...

Just saying.

Bradham re-signing with Eagles. Eagles also signing Ngata to a one year deal.
    For me the injuries are only part of it. Guy got a reputation early in his career as a slick playmaker. And he was, for one season - 2015. Then a combination of injuries, bulking up to avoid injury, etc have made him not a 10-12 million dollar per year impact defender.

Side by side comparison of stats (INTS, Sacks, Tackles, Passes Defended) shows that Mike Hilton matched his production in far fewer snaps. Is Hilton the same player as Tyrann Mathieu, I suspect not. But in the Steelers defense, they would likely play the same role.

FA is here!! Are we even talking to anybody?!

I think Boston could be the one they are going after but Mathieu is an intriguing name...the money they would have to pay isn’t Steeler-like.

Can Heyward wants to speak to the Honey Badger though...lol.

I'll take Boston over Mathieu.

- - - Updated - - -

The Dolphins released Suh and Julius Thomas.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also a rumor of a trade between the Raiders and Bengals for Burfict. I hope that happens so that we can get that POS out of our division. It figures that Chuckie would want him since he was crying so much when JuJu knocked the crap out of him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

History of Pouncey injuries:
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/06...rkice-pouncey/

Not sure "injury prone" describes this guy at all. IMO, that would describe a guy like Senquez Golson that injures himself or just has freakish injuries happen. Pouncey was injured by other players while playing. To me, there's a HUGE difference. Every player gets injured.

Wonder what much it would take to land Preston Brown(Via Buffalo)?

In his 4 years he has totaled 512 tackles(283 the past two years) but only has 1 career sack. Could be an underrated signing, still just 25 years old.

Don't know much about his coverage abilty. Assuming it's not great since he is still on the market.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

What is the over/under on the number of days into FA before the Steelers sign a player?

My bet is 6 days.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers in Free Agency

1. Sign our own free agent players first - not named Le'Veon Bell
    2. Put out "feelers" that are sometimes serious and sometimes "WTH, it wouldn't hurt" type inquiries.
    3. Wait a few days and sign role players or decent players that could possibly start, that only a few have heard about. No "big name" free agents.
    4. Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Steelers in Free Agency

1. Sign our own free agent players first - not named Le'Veon Bell
    2. Put out "feelers" that are sometimes serious and sometimes "WTH, it wouldn't hurt" type inquiries.
    3. Wait a few days and sign role players or decent players that could possibly start, that only a few have heard about. No "big name" free agents.
    4. Rinse and repeat.
    5. Use said players to continue being one of the best teams in the NFL year in and year out with a three year break thrown in the mix every decade or so.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I think Boston could be the one they are going after but Mathieu is an intriguing name...the money they would have to pay isn’t Steeler-like.

Can Heyward wants to speak to the Honey Badger though...lol.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't expect them to sign one of the "name" free agents in the first couple days, but there are a decent number of safeties out there ... perhaps they're waiting for the first few to go at a premium price and then pick from whoever is left who will sign for a reasonable amount.

As much as it's exciting to think of what we might do with all the cap space we've been clearing with restructures, a large amount of that was for Bell-Einstein, and we have a few more active roster holes that we need to fill with the recent releases. We are talking about bringing back Mitchell for less money - that means we probably are not going to sign a $10M-a-year guy to fill any of those positions. We may have more like $3-4M each to spend on three or four positions. I bet the first move they make is something like signing a backup defensive tackle for 2 years and $4 million or something completely yawn-inducing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

When do the Steelers get involved during the first week of FA? When was Alualu signed, I think after the first week, may have been during the first week though.