Thread: Kirk Cousins signs with Minnesota

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Kirk Cousins signs with Minnesota

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: Kirk Cousins signs with Minnesota

Not surprising. That's the best fit for him. They've already got a great team.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

What I don't understand: Since when does being a slightly above-average quarterback mean you're supposed to become the highest-paid quarterback in the league even though many others are clearly much better than you? Is it just because you showed up?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    What I don't understand: Since when does being a slightly above-average quarterback mean you're supposed to become the highest-paid quarterback in the league even though many others are clearly much better than you? Is it just because you showed up?
    More or less - a matter of supply and demand

It is not because you are the best QB - it is because you are the best QB on the market

The fully guaranteed part is interesting but realistically with the dead cap $$$ that would result if Cousins would be dumped in less than three years not that surprising - actually gives Cousins the chance for another big payday rather than be locked into a longer contract that may be a relative bargain, as happened with Rodgers

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Because he's available and many teams are looking for a starting QB.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Vikings had 3 QBs on their roster for 2017 and signed none of them for 2018. What a strange year.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Cousins is a really good QB.

No doubt the Vikings can win with him at QB. Thy're contenders now.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Vikings had 3 QBs on their roster for 2017 and signed none of them for 2018. What a strange year.
    Meanwhile, the Eagles won the SB with their Backup QB .

Anyhow, the Vikings are now my favorite for the NFC championship in 2018. (SB winner is us, of course.)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

People now putting the Vikings up as Super Bowl contenders.

In reality, they signed a QB who is probably about as good as their old QB. They just paid a lot more money.

I mean yeah, Keenum may have just had an unusually good year (for him) to be "pretty good," but I haven't really seen Cousins be anything more than "pretty good" either.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    More or less - a matter of supply and demand

It is not because you are the best QB - it is because you are the best QB on the market

The fully guaranteed part is interesting but realistically with the dead cap $$$ that would result if Cousins would be dumped in less than three years not that surprising - actually gives Cousins the chance for another big payday rather than be locked into a longer contract that may be a relative bargain, as happened with Rodgers
    Still, kinda shocked that some team was willing to break that barrier. 31 other NFL GMs were pissed when they read that part of the deal.

In reality, they signed a QB who is probably about as good as their old QB. They just paid a lot more money.

I mean yeah, Keenum may have just had an unusually good year (for him) to be "pretty good," but I haven't really seen Cousins be anything more than "pretty good" either.
    I'll have to go back and check to make sure I'm correct but he is 7th in QBR(Quarterback rating) the past 3 years. Cousins is way better QB then Keenum who was a 1 year wonder.

The numbers he put up with the poor supporting cast(mostly last year) in Washington is astounding. Now with the Vikings Cousins will be throwing to Stephon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Kyle Rudolph with a backfield with Latavius Murray and Dalvin Cook.

How could I forget about their Elite defense.

They were Super Bowl contenders last year and will be again this year. They have a great defense and Cousins will make that offense better, along with the return of Dalvin Cook.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I just can't believe the "fully-guaranteed" part. It's one thing to get the top contract for the position, but this...

If Bell ever threw a pass, he'd want top 10 QB money, plus #2 WR money, plus be the highest paid RB... all GUARANTEED! lol