Thread: Richard Shermans five missteps in negotiating his contract with the 49ers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Richard Shermans five missteps in negotiating his contract with the 49ers

Richard Sherman signed a three-year deal over the weekend with the 49ers, and as long as he’s happy with the outcome, that’s all that matters.
    Sherman joins a young, exciting team on the upswing. He gets to stay out West, where he has lived his whole life. He gets to play for defensive coordinator Robert Saleh, who previously coached Sherman in Seattle and employs the same defense. Sherman, if healthy, is a good fit.

But in reading the full contract details provided by Pro Football Talk, and the play-by-play of Sherman’s negotiation by Peter King in The MMQB, one clear picture emerged: Boy, did the 49ers take Sherman for a ride..................

Read more @ https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...z7H/story.html

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Richard Shermans five missteps in negotiating his contract with the 49ers

uh-oh, which version of The Narrative does this fit? The greedy owners? Or that their beloved Sherman didn't know what he was doing?

Every media outlet I've ever heard of thinks The Mouth can do no wrong, and don't you dare call him anything less than a smart, savvy, highly educated, well-spoken gentleman. Can't call him an asshole or you're a borderline racist - and if you have the cojones to call him a "thug", you'd better watch out, because now you're worse than Hitler. He went to Stanford and he cares about the community, we'll have you know! A true scholar and a man of the world, masterful in his knowledge of all things, the edgy and arrogant Aristotle, if we do say so! So I think the Boston Globe has some explaining to do!

lol, except anyone who actually acts like he does is either a real jerk or a fool, possibly both.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Richard Shermans five missteps in negotiating his contract with the 49ers

you can't put a sorry ass receiver like doug baldwin on him