Thread: Steelers place second round tender on restricted free agent Chris Boswell

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers place second round tender on restricted free agent Chris Boswell

The Steelers have placed a second-round tender on place kicker Chris Boswell, a restricted free agent who can seek other offers from NFL teams.

The tender for $2.9 million will be his salary for the 2018 season if he cannot come to terms on a long-term deal. If Boswell receives a better offer from another team, the Steelers would receive a second-round pick as compensation if they don’t choose to match the offer.........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...ime=1520887068

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Steelers place second round tender on restricted free agent Chris Boswell

Ah, I didn't know he was an RFA. So much for the $4M salary projections. Nobody's going to give up a second-round pick for a kicker. And if they do, then great for us, we just draft a kicker in like Round 6 and it'll be one of the best couple to play in college.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Damn ! Hate seeing this right now. Helluva kicker ! We NEED the Boz !!!!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Yes! I agree. We do need him. Desperately. I remember vividly those who came before him and don't want to experience that ever again.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    What? He's a restricted free agent. He'll be on the team next year for less than we would've had to pay otherwise.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    What? He's a restricted free agent. He'll be on the team next year for less than we would've had to pay otherwise.
    Yea, Boz isn't going anywhere. I'm sure that the Steelers will get a multi-year contract worked out for him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Yea, Boz isn't going anywhere. I'm sure that the Steelers will get a multi-year contract worked out for him.
    Once they say goodbye to Bell after 2018 - the market values Boz too highly for that to happen this year with the $$ tied up in Bell

Last season, Boswell was 35 for 39 on field-goal attempts for a career-best 92.1 percent success rate. For his career, Boswell has made 89.5 percent of his kicks....

The Steelers would like to sign Boswell to a long-term contract, but that could be difficult considering the market for place kickers. Last week, Graham Gano, whose career percentage is 81.7 percent, signed a four-year deal worth $17 million, including $9 million guaranteed.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201803120131

Maybe the Steelers can tag Boz for 2019

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Maybe the Steelers can tag Boz for 2019
    What??? I didn’t even know that Boz rapped...

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Yup....sure was nice when our Offense couldn't score shit to have Boz come in and blast 4,5,or 6 FG's to win 18 - 7 !! Or 12 - 3 !! Or....whatever.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

He'll be back and probably signed within the next year. It takes a unique guy to kick at Heinz but I think a lot of the Heinz "curse" was more on us have shitty kickers pre-Boz and other kickers not used to the stadium. I've noticed that a lot of kickers seem to do just fine at Heinz now that they have had years to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    He'll be back and probably signed within the next year. It takes a unique guy to kick at Heinz but I think a lot of the Heinz "curse" was more on us have shitty kickers pre-Boz and other kickers not used to the stadium. I've noticed that a lot of kickers seem to do just fine at Heinz now that they have had years to get used to it.
    No joke.

What it really boils down to is, about 50 percent of our kickers have been successful and about 50 percent have not. No different from any other team in any other stadium. The Heinz Field Curse is a bogeyman; the problem was that when you get a shitty kicker, it takes half a season or so to find out. I remember some of our worst, most game-losing botched FGs coming on the road - in Chicago a few years back, for example.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Ah, I didn't know he was an RFA. So much for the $4M salary projections. Nobody's going to give up a second-round pick for a kicker. And if they do, then great for us, we just draft a kicker in like Round 6 and it'll be one of the best couple to play in college.
    Didn't the Buccaneers trade up into the 2nd round to draft a kicker which they cut a year later?