Thread: Giants cut Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Giants cut Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Re: Giants cut Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

You know....for the right price....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

He isn't very good any more. No thanks.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

His talent has fallen off a bit but it’s not that he’s not very good anymore. He’s still a decent CB who was wrapped up in a situation where he clearly wasn’t happy. The Giants are a mess and everyone knows it...look at the whole Eli Apple situation...lol. The next team that gets DRC is going to get an above average CB that is reenergized and playing with a chip on his shoulder. Wouldn’t be a terrible signing if the Steelers were looking in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

What would be the point of signing a 31 yr old CB? Are you going to play him over Burns or Sutton? I don't see the point. He got cut because he refused to take a pay cut from his $6.5M salary. He's going to probably want more than that and the Steelers don't have that money to spend when there are more pressing needs at ILB and S.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I don’t think anyone suggested signing him. But if they did decide to go in that direction, there are probably worse options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't think we need more cornerbacks. We've got 3 or 4 who are at least acceptable. It's safety and linebacker where we've got question marks.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Often times, former very good CBs can make good safeties on the back end of his career. I'd be willing to see if he could do that... as long as he was willing to switch.
    I did have that idea in the back of my head. DRC has always been a pretty good ballhawk. I think that he still considers himself a starting CB though.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Often times, former very good CBs can make good safeties on the back end of his career. I'd be willing to see if he could do that... as long as he was willing to switch.
    The Giants asked him to do just that: switch to FS.

His refusal (and the money) was the reason he was let go.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Funny how many people make that mistake, then end up playing that very position a year or two later.
    Rod Woodson

Cowher begged him to play FS, and Woodson took offense. Then... Woodson made the switch anyway.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Joe Haden has stated that he already plans that switch for the back end of his career. Looking ahead, or exactly what we need now?