Thread: DeAngelo Williams Claims Todd Haley Had ‘Punishment Package’ For Le’Veon Bell After Skipping Camp

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

DeAngelo Williams Claims Todd Haley Had ‘Punishment Package’ For Le’Veon Bell After Skipping Camp

It’s all history by now but as the saying goes, history repeats itself. With Le’Veon Bell certain to hold out, and now claiming retirement, if a long-term deal doesn’t get done, it’s fair to wonder if the Pittsburgh Steelers will handle Bell the same way as they did at the beginning of last year.

We bring this up after DeAngelo Williams made some interesting claims on Twitter a short time ago. Responding to a tweet about Bell’s lack of production the first three weeks of the regular season, Williams said that was part of Todd Haley’s “punishment package.” Here’s the original tweet.

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...skipping-camp/
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: DeAngelo Williams Claims Todd Haley Had ‘Punishment Package’ For Le’Veon Bell After Skipping Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    It’s all history by now but as the saying goes, history repeats itself. With Le’Veon Bell certain to hold out, and now claiming retirement, if a long-term deal doesn’t get done, it’s fair to wonder if the Pittsburgh Steelers will handle Bell the same way as they did at the beginning of last year.

We bring this up after DeAngelo Williams made some interesting claims on Twitter a short time ago. Responding to a tweet about Bell’s lack of production the first three weeks of the regular season, Williams said that was part of Todd Haley’s “punishment package.” Here’s the original tweet.

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03...skipping-camp/
    Presumably Haley could not have done that without Tomlin either approving or being unaware of it

A carom shot slam at Tomlin by Williams if true (which IMO it is not) - more likely a bullshit excuse for Bell needing to work himself into game shape

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: DeAngelo Williams Claims Todd Haley Had ‘Punishment Package’ For Le’Veon Bell After Skipping Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Presumably Haley could not have done that without Tomlin either approving or being unaware of it

A carom shot slam at Tomlin by Williams if true (which IMO it is not) - more likely a bullshit excuse for Bell needing to work himself into game shape

I agree.

Haley didn't make Bell misread where the hole was. Haley didn't make Bell look a step slow early.

I don't doubt that Haley was pissed that he didn't show up, but I don't buy Williams' claim.

If Bell wants to look like the best RB in football from the first snap he needs to get his ass into camp. Any player that declares he's worth $15 million a year shouldn't need a quarter of the season to become a fully effective player because he wouldn't participate in camp and preseason.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

I agree with you.

So when its contract time all the glory goes to the player and his talents. But when he plays like a guy that sat out training camp, its the coach that made him fail to produce. A guy with his talent should have just ran for 7 yards every time he touched the ball. I've been trying to separate the player from the person the past couple seasons, but I'm pretty much fine with Bell leaving in FA in 2019. There is no I in team.....but Bell is putting the "U" in doUchebag.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree with you.

So when its contract time all the glory goes to the player and his talents. But when he plays like a guy that sat out training camp, its the coach that made him fail to produce. A guy with his talent should have just ran for 7 yards every time he touched the ball. I've been trying to separate the player from the person the past couple seasons, but I'm pretty much fine with Bell leaving in FA in 2019. There is no I in team.....but Bell is putting the "U" in doUchebag.
    There is, however, an "I" in "dildo."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Maybe, just maybe Haley realized the season was 16 games long and that Bell being in on EVERY snap is not a good long term health idea considering his past injury record.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    There is, however, an "I" in "dildo."
    and in "wIn"