Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Le'Veon Bell-Steelers showdown, Part II: What you need to know

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: The Le'Veon Bell-Steelers showdown, Part II: What you need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    They are quickly reaching the point where the emotional backlash against Bell's statements and actions is causing some to seriously under estimate his value and contributions on the football field from 2014-2017.
    actually, that's exactly what worries me. Bell has had a lot of touches in those years and the shelf life of a RB isn't that long. I'm very hesitant to give Bell the kind of long-term contract he's looking for based on past contributions when he may soon be showing the wear and tear all those touches are going to inevitably start to show.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Duce
    Duce was one of the better sideline guys this team has ever seen. Worst is still Sean Mahan...lol

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Duce was one of the better sideline guys this team has ever seen. Worst is still Sean Mahan...lol
    Yeah he could have got endorsements for those Gray sweat pants
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

I always love how Mahan gets brought up but Justin Hartwig gets a pass. According to NFL.com Hartwig was less valuable than Mahan his first year with the team. His second year, he rated about the same as Mahan. They both were jokes.

Deuce Staley was an unfortunate issue. He was tearing up the league his first 10 games until he tore up his leg. Had he finished the season, he would have had 1328 yards (projection), which would have put him right between Clinton Portis and LaDainian Tomlinson. Not bad.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I always love how Mahan gets brought up but Justin Hartwig gets a pass. According to NFL.com Hartwig was less valuable than Mahan his first year with the team. His second year, he rated about the same as Mahan. They both were jokes.

Deuce Staley was an unfortunate issue. He was tearing up the league his first 10 games until he tore up his leg. Had he finished the season, he would have had 1328 yards (projection), which would have put him right between Clinton Portis and LaDainian Tomlinson. Not bad.
    In 2005, in my fantasy football league, I traded my bro-in-law Duce Staley for Steve Smith, Sr.

I won that year, basically, due to that trade.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

We just re-signed Ridley to a one year deal.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    We just re-signed Ridley to a one year deal.
    Now we can pull the tag from Bell!!!

[/sarcasm] <---- for those who can't figure that out
    Last edited by DesertSteel; 04-03-2018 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

[/sarcasm] <---- for those no can't figure that out
    You know it's coming

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

[/sarcasm] <---- for those who can't figure that out
    He needs to sign it first. Then we pull it.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Does he? That's an interesting question. If we tag him, can screw over the Steelers by not signing and thus, assuring it doesn't get pulled? I wonder.

no ....

The amount of the franchise tender becomes fully guaranteed once the player signs it. Since signing the franchise tender puts the player under contract, requiring him to show up to all mandatory offseason activities and training camp, some players choose to wait deep into the preseason before inking the offer. The risk is that the franchise tag can be withdrawn, at any time, before it has been signed.

Once a player signs the franchise tag, the one-year salary becomes fully guaranteed. But there’s a little-known exception.
    Under Article 10, Section 2(c) of the CBA, the contract can be terminated if the player fails “to establish or maintain his excellent physical condition.”

Pulling the tag has to happen before he signs ( and he will wait until the last possible moment is my guess )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Josh Norman didn’t sign his and that’s when the Panthers rescinded their tag. I think his tag was for $14M and Norman wanted “AB Money”. Panthers said forget it and pulled the tag...which I believe was right around this April time.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

no ....

The amount of the franchise tender becomes fully guaranteed once the player signs it. Since signing the franchise tender puts the player under contract, requiring him to show up to all mandatory offseason activities and training camp, some players choose to wait deep into the preseason before inking the offer. The risk is that the franchise tag can be withdrawn, at any time, before it has been signed.

Once a player signs the franchise tag, the one-year salary becomes fully guaranteed. But there’s a little-known exception.
    Under Article 10, Section 2(c) of the CBA, the contract can be terminated if the player fails “to establish or maintain his excellent physical condition.”

Pulling the tag has to happen before he signs ( and he will wait until the last possible moment is my guess )
    Now that I think about it, that was a pretty stupid question. The tag makes a player unable to negotiate with other teams (or negotiate with a heavy price tag for the other teams if they sign him). So, obviously, signing the one-year contract means the tag itself is finished. Now, the player is under contract for one year with stipulations mandated by the tag.

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Craic; 04-05-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Josh Norman didn’t sign his and that’s when the Panthers rescinded their tag. I think his tag was for $14M and Norman wanted “AB Money”. Panthers said forget it and pulled the tag...which I believe was right around this April time.
    Panthers made the right move...