Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Le'Veon Bell-Steelers showdown, Part II: What you need to know

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: The Le'Veon Bell-Steelers showdown, Part II: What you need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If all that is true, why not hit him with the tag? Why wait?
    Either a delusional belief that a deal could be struck before the tag deadline or optics of holding off tagging until the deadline as an indication to the locker room (which no doubt wants Bell to get paid) that tagging was a last resort to keep him from walking only after negotiations up to the deadline failed

Also, where are the associated moves that clear the cap space needed for either a long-term deal or the tag?
    They have a week to make those

Finally, depending on how much they want to cut from the roster (Mitchell, Wilcox, DHB, William Gay) and/or restructure (Ben R? Pouncey?) the team can clear tens of million of dollars in cap space.

My take - a flurry of moves gets announced in the next 12 hours or so.

Bell gets tagged.

Mitchell, DHB, and William Gay get the axe. Hopefully Golden as well.

Wilcox re-works his deal and sticks around. Steelers "bare bones" plan is that Wilcox plays SS and Davis plays FS.
    IMO Ben is waiting for Cousins, Brees and Rodgers to set the top shelf QB market before he restructures

With regard to Wilcox, this from Ray Fittipaldo of the P-G in his chat today

What do they see in Wilcox that they would try to retain him?
    Ray Fittipaldo: No idea. They couldn't even dress him at the end of the year because he was making too many mistakes on special teams.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201803050077

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    "We're not coming to a number we both agree on -- they are too low, or I guess they feel I'm too high," Bell said. "I'm playing for strictly my value to the team, that's what I'm asking. I don't think I should settle for anything less than what I'm valued at."

Bell, 26, said he's not bluffing when he told ESPN in January he'll contemplate retirement with a second tag. At the least, he will skip training camp for a second consecutive year if no deal is reached by mid-July.

"Money is important and I won't settle for anything less that what I think my fair value is - so to prove that point, I'll earn nothing. That'll show 'em!"

Man, the guy must really love his mother to have the last name Bell, because I'm guessing at some point he must have changed it from Le'Veon Bell-Einstein.

If all that is true, why not hit him with the tag? Why wait?
    It probably has to do with respeck. Mr. Bell-Einstein spooks easily, so we're probably worried that if we tagged him any sooner than the last possible second, he'll take it as a sign of disrespeck and start his pouting cycle instead of negotiating.

Also, where are the associated moves that clear the cap space needed for either a long-term deal or the tag?

Finally, depending on how much they want to cut from the roster (Mitchell, Wilcox, DHB, William Gay) and/or restructure (Ben R? Pouncey?) the team can clear tens of million of dollars in cap space.

My take - a flurry of moves gets announced in the next 12 hours or so.

Bell gets tagged.
    Mitchell, DHB, and William Gay get the axe. Hopefully Golden as well.
    Wilcox re-works his deal and sticks around. Steelers "bare bones" plan is that Wilcox plays SS and Davis plays FS.
    A large offer to some free agent LB gets put out there. We may never hear about it.
    Depending on LB response, a decent offer goes out to a DB. We may also never hear about this.
    I think this all makes a good deal of sense. The one exception being that we *COULD* try the Shazier trick (tear up his 1-year $9.7M contract and "extend" him to a 2-year, $10M contract with all but the minimum as a signing bonus) to free up short-term cap space if we want to avoid cutting Mitchell. Or maybe that could allow us to cut Mitchell and bring in a good FA at either safety or LB, whichever we think we aren't drafting highly.

One thing that's certain is that being on Total Drama Island with Bell and the franchise tag will severely mess up our ability to patch up holes in the defense through free agency, meaning for example, that quality two-deep ILB rotation that we were all hoping for would be a pipe dream.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Meh. Every single franchise tag candidate threatens to sit out, retire, not sign, feel disrespected, and on and on. They all sign. They all play. The players have no leverage and all these loud and seemingly nonsensical statements are just Bell and other players trying to feel in control of a situation that is totally out of their hands.

It isn't like any of the guys ever tagged are like "What an honor. It just shows how much this franchise values me and my role here. I can't wait to go through a contentious negotiation where I have no leverage and the team has no incentive to give me what I want. Again, just really glad that I have the security of playing a sport where catastrophic injury is one play away and I am only under contract for 12 more months. Just really glad that the team wanted me enough to give me the franchise tag. Truly a great honor and just such an incentive to work even harder."

I don't think a two deep ILB group is a pipe dream or impossible. Just do this:

1. Nigel Bradham level free agent. Say roughly $6 million bucks and let Khan get creative with the #'s. Likely hits the cap for about 4 million. That is couch cushion money for an NFL team.
    2. Vince Williams still starts. He's earned it and most of the drop-off wasn't his fault and out of his control to correct.
    3. Draft a rookie LB. Whoever they drafted was going to be top 3 in the rotation no matter what. I mean if you draft a kid in the first 3 rounds and they aren't -- well then you screwed up.
    4. Make the Lawrence Timmons reunion tour happen. He went to Miami and hated it. Give him 2 year deal and minimal money.

All that can be done even if Bell plays on the tag. Means you gotta cut Mitchell, Golden, Wilcox, Gay, and DHB plus go to Ben for a restructure/extension, but most of that is happening anyways. I am also fully aware that my ILB plan outlined above means that the ONLY safety on the roster is Sean Davis. Well, is that really a problem? Which one of Mitchell, Golden, and Wilcox does anyone want to pay actual NFL contract money to? Plus with the talk of the Steelers thinking of switching Sutton and/or Allen to safety, I think they know the guys on the roster aren't worth it...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Meh. Every single franchise tag candidate threatens to sit out, retire, not sign, feel disrespected, and on and on. They all sign. They all play. The players have no leverage and all these loud and seemingly nonsensical statements are just Bell and other players trying to feel in control of a situation that is totally out of their hands.

It isn't like any of the guys ever tagged are like "What an honor. It just shows how much this franchise values me and my role here. I can't wait to go through a contentious negotiation where I have no leverage and the team has no incentive to give me what I want. Again, just really glad that I have the security of playing a sport where catastrophic injury is one play away and I am only under contract for 12 more months. Just really glad that the team wanted me enough to give me the franchise tag. Truly a great honor and just such an incentive to work even harder."
    Nobody's saying he should be jumping for joy, but Bell-Einstein has been a particular asshole about it, and I mean that compared to other players who have gotten the franchise tag. He has huge leverage in that the team wants him to be a key player for years to come, and wants to get the cap situation settled.

Funny thing is, while he's doing all his complaining, he's getting paid what he wanted. I guess with the franchise tag there are no guarantees beyond year-to-year, but as with everything in life, there are tradeoffs. But as soon as he signs the second tag he's already "won" the money battle, and is essentially then playing with house money from then on. He already confirmed the offer he turned down would've averaged more than the tag value, every year for the life of the contract, with most of it frontloaded. I guess I just don't understand what he wants.

I don't think a two deep ILB group is a pipe dream or impossible. Just do this:

1. Nigel Bradham level free agent. Say roughly $6 million bucks and let Khan get creative with the #'s. Likely hits the cap for about 4 million. That is couch cushion money for an NFL team.
    2. Vince Williams still starts. He's earned it and most of the drop-off wasn't his fault and out of his control to correct.
    3. Draft a rookie LB. Whoever they drafted was going to be top 3 in the rotation no matter what. I mean if you draft a kid in the first 3 rounds and they aren't -- well then you screwed up.
    4. Make the Lawrence Timmons reunion tour happen. He went to Miami and hated it. Give him 2 year deal and minimal money.

All that can be done even if Bell plays on the tag. Means you gotta cut Mitchell, Golden, Wilcox, Gay, and DHB plus go to Ben for a restructure/extension, but most of that is happening anyways. I am also fully aware that my ILB plan outlined above means that the ONLY safety on the roster is Sean Davis. Well, is that really a problem? Which one of Mitchell, Golden, and Wilcox does anyone want to pay actual NFL contract money to? Plus with the talk of the Steelers thinking of switching Sutton and/or Allen to safety, I think they know the guys on the roster aren't worth it...
    I think #2-4 are real possibilities for sure ... by the way, in case there's any mistake about it, I think Williams is a fine starting ILB, but only as long as the other starting LB has a certain skill set. If the other starting LB has the same weaknesses as Williams, they both get magnified and it's a real problem. We'd need one guy to do that job, Timmons for depth, and someone to surpass Timmons in a year or two, which is basically everything you just suggested.

The only thing is, with Bell on the franchise tag, #1 would likely be dependent on cutting Mitchell. With Bell on a more cap-friendly contract, we wouldn't have to cut Mitchell.

I'm not in love with the idea of carrying Mitchell for a premium price, but the other short-term options don't seem like they'd be a huge improvement. We may well draft someone for a long-term replacement, but who knows if/when that is ready?

I think Golden stands a good chance of being retained because he is on a cheap contract and seems like he might be developing into a late-blooming special teams ace. So I'd guess him or DHB is gone but not both.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Nobody's saying he should be jumping for joy, but Bell-Einstein has been a particular asshole about it, and I mean that compared to other players who have gotten the franchise tag. He has huge leverage in that the team wants him to be a key player for years to come, and wants to get the cap situation settled.

Funny thing is, while he's doing all his complaining, he's getting paid what he wanted. I guess with the franchise tag there are no guarantees beyond year-to-year, but as with everything in life, there are tradeoffs. But as soon as he signs the second tag he's already "won" the money battle, and is essentially then playing with house money from then on. He already confirmed the offer he turned down would've averaged more than the tag value, every year for the life of the contract, with most of it frontloaded. I guess I just don't understand what he wants.

I think #2-4 are real possibilities for sure ... by the way, in case there's any mistake about it, I think Williams is a fine starting ILB, but only as long as the other starting LB has a certain skill set. If the other starting LB has the same weaknesses as Williams, they both get magnified and it's a real problem. We'd need one guy to do that job, Timmons for depth, and someone to surpass Timmons in a year or two, which is basically everything you just suggested.

The only thing is, with Bell on the franchise tag, #1 would likely be dependent on cutting Mitchell. With Bell on a more cap-friendly contract, we wouldn't have to cut Mitchell.

I'm not in love with the idea of carrying Mitchell for a premium price, but the other short-term options don't seem like they'd be a huge improvement. We may well draft someone for a long-term replacement, but who knows if/when that is ready?

I think Golden stands a good chance of being retained because he is on a cheap contract and seems like he might be developing into a late-blooming special teams ace. So I'd guess him or DHB is gone but not both.
    I don't think Bell has been any more or less worse about it than most. Eric Berry said he wouldn't play - repeatedly. Kirk Cousins filed a grievance with the union he was so pissed. Walter Jones (LT - Seattle) complained openly and loudly about it years back. Brandon Jacobs (RB) freaked out about his tag. Wilbur Marshall was the first to get the tag under the modern system (Reggie White went to court to be a free agent!) and he went to court to get out of it. I think both Jones and Shaun Alexander staged lengthy holdouts on the Seahawks. Asante Samuel missed all of preseason in New England.

Long story short, we can bat examples back and forth all night and at the end of it all it is just a matter of opinion. I feel that Bell has acted according to the official "I'm pissed about the tag" script that NFL players and agents have developed and repeatedly implemented over the last 2 decades or so. In fact, he hasn't been as ridiculous about it as some - at least in his behavior. His contract demands are kinda ludicrous, but what are you going to do? But, like I said, that's just my take and your (or others) mileage may vary!

I just keep hoping that they can find someone to pay 6-8 million a year to who is better than Mike Mitchell. But that player may only exist in my mind...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Go away Bell.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

They are going to tag him. I would take two #1s in trade.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If bell wants $17 million a year, he can get it from a poorly managed team like Washington or tampa then disappear for the rest of his career

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'd give the Browns, Bell & our R1 for the Browns R1.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'd give the Browns, Bell & our R1 for the Browns R1.
    Let’s say that coma to fruition...

At 4, who would you draft?

It’s not often that the Steelers draft that high (the last top ten pick was 17 drafts ago); so, you almost HAVE to draft a QB. Then again, Chubb solves the pass rush; Fitzpatrick is the next All Pro safety; Nelson gives us the best O-line (ever); and, Barkley is a younger (cheaper) version of Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

It’s not often that the Steelers draft that high (the last top ten pick was 17 drafts ago); so, you almost HAVE to draft a QB. Then again, Chubb solves the pass rush; Fitzpatrick is the next All Pro safety; Nelson gives us the best O-line (ever); and, Barkley is a younger (cheaper) version of Bell.
    Don't the Browns have a 1 & 4 pick in R1?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Don't the Browns have a 1 & 4 pick in R1?
    Yes, they do.

But, it would be #4, because there’s no way they’re giving up #1.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Yes, they do.

But, it would be #4, because there’s no way they’re giving up #1.
    After the combine, where Saquon Barkley blew everyone away, the assumption now is the Browns draft Barkley with their #1 pick and go QB with the #4 first round pick

Browns will not be in the Bell market if he was a free agent or could be traded after signing the tag

Say you can hoodwink the Browns into trading you the #1 overall for Bell and the #27. You have to take a QB there. Everything else is just details. If you can get your QB succession plan squared away, in my mind there is no discussion.

I know that everyone is now convinced that you don't need a QB to win because of Bortles, Foles, and Keenum. Absolute bullshit. The Jags lost the AFC Championship game because Bortles didn't make a play down the field the entire second half and Brady did. The Jags had a suffocating defense, an amazing run game, good coaching, and still came up short because their QB play was almost non-existent. Keenum lost because he ran out of whatever Cinderella fairy dust magic his season was built on and went from providing well above league average play to what, average to below average in the playoffs? The Chiefs just traded Alex Smith because they are tired of mediocre QB playoff come the playoffs. But...but...Foles...what about big dick Nick? Put your hand down you Wawa swilling cheesesteak smeared Iggles fan. Somehow, Foles conjured up a small game run of elite QB play to bring home a championship. Ask the Ravens and Flacco about repeating a great playoff run. Kinda like in hockey when some journeyman goalie stands on his head and steals a series then everyone wonders why the team isn't any good the next season. Regression to the mean my friends, it is a cruel mistress that comes for us all.

Oh, but, Mojouw, the Steelers lost in the first round - again. So what good is a QB without (whatever reason you prefer for losing)? Well, a QB still gets you a chance to lose in the playoffs every year. Without one you get to "Jeff Fisher" this sum' bitch each year - go 8-8 or 9-7 and mumble something about playing harder next year. Screw that. If I have a top 10 Qb, my team goes 8-8 without even trying. 10-6 with a few complementary pieces that don't drool into their facemasks and 12-4 or better with any actual players to help the QB. Yeah, I'll take the Qb and the box of random puzzle pieces. You take the elite pass rusher and the breathtaking DB. Sounds great right? Well now pair them with Ryan Tannehill - for 6 years. I get Aaron Rodgers. I bet you I hold more parades than you do.

Chiefs and Seahawks field some of the finest safeties in the game. QB play has been the limiting factor in KC and the Seahawks started holding parades once Russell Wilson got handed the offense (a bit of an overplay, but let's not ruin a good rant). Trading Bell and a first round pick and then not taking the QB would be the most short-sighted move since the Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams trades. Broncos, Raiders, Texans, and Cowboys field some of the most ferocious individual pass rushers in the league. They aren't winning diddly squat without better QB play.

To top it all off, you can't even trade Bell anyways because the NFL (for some unknown reason) doesn't do NBA style sign and trades. Additionally, Barkley just put up arguably the best combine ever. Seriously, it may be the best all around performance ever put on by a draft prospect. So unless he gets just torn apart in some sort of zombie uprising, why would the Brown agree to pay L Bell 15 million dollars when they have a potentially better player for 1/3 of that plus Bell only has 3.4 million carries on the odometer...

Look think of it another way. Buddy Ryan and the Reggie White era Eagles fielded some of the most breathtaking defenses I've ever seen. I mean prior to Jerome Brown's passing, I don't think that DLine was blockable by anyone. But Reggie White didn't win meaningful NFL games until he got out of Philly and paired up with Favre in Green Bay. And Reggie White has gotta be one of the baddest dudes to ever play defense in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    After the combine, where Saquon Barkley blew everyone away, the assumption now is the Browns draft Barkley with their #1 pick and go QB with the #4 first round pick

Browns will not be in the Bell market if he was a free agent or could be traded after signing the tag
    Very true. Barkley will NOT be there at 4.

But, in this hypothetical situation, the Browns acquire Bell. Then, with the #1, the Browns hold other teams’ feet to the fire and collect a few extra draft picks to move down from 1 to 3... where they take either Josh Rosen, San Darnold, or Josh Allen.

*(unless they sign a free agent QB and use that pick on Nelson, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick.)

Say you can hoodwink the Browns into trading you the #1 overall for Bell and the #27. You have to take a QB there. Everything else is just details. If you can get your QB succession plan squared away, in my mind there is no discussion.

I know that everyone is now convinced that you don't need a QB to win because of Bortles, Foles, and Keenum. Absolute bullshit. The Jags lost the AFC Championship game because Bortles didn't make a play down the field the entire second half and Brady did. The Jags had a suffocating defense, an amazing run game, good coaching, and still came up short because their QB play was almost non-existent. Keenum lost because he ran out of whatever Cinderella fairy dust magic his season was built on and went from providing well above league average play to what, average to below average in the playoffs? The Chiefs just traded Alex Smith because they are tired of mediocre QB playoff come the playoffs. But...but...Foles...what about big dick Nick? Put your hand down you Wawa swilling cheesesteak smeared Iggles fan. Somehow, Foles conjured up a small game run of elite QB play to bring home a championship. Ask the Ravens and Flacco about repeating a great playoff run. Kinda like in hockey when some journeyman goalie stands on his head and steals a series then everyone wonders why the team isn't any good the next season. Regression to the mean my friends, it is a cruel mistress that comes for us all.

Oh, but, Mojouw, the Steelers lost in the first round - again. So what good is a QB without (whatever reason you prefer for losing)? Well, a QB still gets you a chance to lose in the playoffs every year. Without one you get to "Jeff Fisher" this sum' bitch each year - go 8-8 or 9-7 and mumble something about playing harder next year. Screw that. If I have a top 10 Qb, my team goes 8-8 without even trying. 10-6 with a few complementary pieces that don't drool into their facemasks and 12-4 or better with any actual players to help the QB. Yeah, I'll take the Qb and the box of random puzzle pieces. You take the elite pass rusher and the breathtaking DB. Sounds great right? Well now pair them with Ryan Tannehill - for 6 years. I get Aaron Rodgers. I bet you I hold more parades than you do.

Chiefs and Seahawks field some of the finest safeties in the game. QB play has been the limiting factor in KC and the Seahawks started holding parades once Russell Wilson got handed the offense (a bit of an overplay, but let's not ruin a good rant). Trading Bell and a first round pick and then not taking the QB would be the most short-sighted move since the Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams trades. Broncos, Raiders, Texans, and Cowboys field some of the most ferocious individual pass rushers in the league. They aren't winning diddly squat without better QB play.

To top it all off, you can't even trade Bell anyways because the NFL (for some unknown reason) doesn't do NBA style sign and trades. Additionally, Barkley just put up arguably the best combine ever. Seriously, it may be the best all around performance ever put on by a draft prospect. So unless he gets just torn apart in some sort of zombie uprising, why would the Brown agree to pay L Bell 15 million dollars when they have a potentially better player for 1/3 of that plus Bell only has 3.4 million carries on the odometer...

Look think of it another way. Buddy Ryan and the Reggie White era Eagles fielded some of the most breathtaking defenses I've ever seen. I mean prior to Jerome Brown's passing, I don't think that DLine was blockable by anyone. But Reggie White didn't win meaningful NFL games until he got out of Philly and paired up with Favre in Green Bay. And Reggie White has gotta be one of the baddest dudes to ever play defense in the NFL.
    I even agree with that.

You have to take a QB there.
    Which is why I think that the rumors of the Giants NOT taking a QB at 2 are misguided.

Agreed on a QB, Allen has a super arm but is he accurate? He looks like he's going to be a tough SOB. Bell will be playing mind games if tagged, so the Steelers will most certainly have to draft a RB.

Agreed on a QB, Allen has a super arm but is he accurate? He looks like he's going to be a tough SOB.
    Josh Allen is wildly inaccurate, but you can’t teach his ability to throw it 90 yards (no joke).

Then again, Jeff George had the strongest arm I’ve ever seen...

Agreed on a QB, Allen has a super arm but is he accurate? He looks like he's going to be a tough SOB. Bell will be playing mind games if tagged, so the Steelers will most certainly have to draft a RB.
    Josh Allen is wildly inaccurate, but you can’t teach his ability to throw it 90 yards (no joke).

Apparently he is no Kyle Boller - https://thebiglead.com/2018/02/20/jo...r-kyle-boller/

Clearly only a 4th round grade at best.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This is the most entertaining post I have read in a very long time. I actually had to stop after each paragraph to finish laughing. Spot on! Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This is the most entertaining post I have read in a very long time. I actually had to stop after each paragraph to finish laughing. Spot on! Great post!
    I've been grading student writing for about 10 hours now. I'm going more than a little nuts! Also listening to some NFL podcasts and the quality of opinions has been far from insightful...

Anyway, glad I could make someone laugh!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

JaMarcus Russell had the strongest arm I've ever seen...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

My cousin was a TE and says Elway's passes always left a bruise. Of course I always respond with, that's because you can't catch.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Chubb (2nd) or Penny (3rd) would work for me.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

John Elway was the only QB I have ever seen who could consistently throw across his body with amazing velocity and accuracy, he definitely has to be in the conversation of strongest arm ever...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Chubb (2nd) or Penny (3rd) would work for me.
    You said Chubb.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Lowball him or tag him.
    Hater = Realist

Apparently he is no Kyle Boller - https://thebiglead.com/2018/02/20/jo...r-kyle-boller/

Clearly only a 4th round grade at best.
    After Boller was drafted by the Ravens, JT the Brick (a west coast radio guy and Raidahs shill) lambasted Cowher for not only taking a “safety” over Boller, but Cowher traded up for that “safety”.

When you read “safety” do so with a condescending tone as though a safety was equivalent to drafting a punter in R1.

JT the Brick spent an entire year harping on this.

Man... was he ever wrong.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Bell will be very dumb if he doesn't take the LT contract.

Does he really believe he'll get the same offers on the FA market? sure some team will throw big money at him but doubtful it's truly a LT deal.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa