Thread: Just to keep the Patriots hate going into the offseason ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Just to keep the Patriots hate going into the offseason ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Just to keep the Patriots hate going into the offseason ...

Why move this? It covers a large chunk of how the Steelers were screwed against the cheats.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is some serious tin-foil hat stuff. If we take what I think is the central premise that the NFL is engaged in a "deep state" conspiracy to fix games for the Patriots because ratings (meaning NE has a big fan base who buys tickets and watches prime-time games) = stacks of cash for the NFL and therefore the owners - it doesn't hold up to logic.

I mean the two teams that got screwed by the "rigged" NFL are the Steelers and the Jets. One is a rabid national following that sells out home and away stadiums as well as consistently pulls some of the highest rated TV games both on Sunday afternoons and especially in prime time. The Jets are in a massive media market and also have a massive fan base that turns on tvs and buys tickets week in and week out year after year. I mean if the league was screwing the Jags, Bills, Browns, and Bengals or something it would make sense. But what does the league care if Team A with MASSIVE following is successful or TEAM B with MASSIVE following is successful? They don't.

I think the calls are BS and the refereeing league wide is an issue, but it isn't part of some larger conspiracy. The NFL wouldn't give two shits if the NY Giants, Steelers, or Seahawks had been riding the wave of success of the Brady era Pats. It would've meant the same or more cash for the NFL. That is all they care about.

Oh I agree, I just thought it was funny.

The one thing I really don't like is the fact that Goodell destroyed all the evidence in spy-gate. I guarantee you those fuckers had our offensive & defensive signals in the 2004 AFCCG. We destroyed them earlier that year 34-20 and they seemed to know all our plays. Maybe it was just good coaching, who knows.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Goodell did not destroyed all the evidence in spy-gate . left it up to the pats Goodell did not even see all of it

but they are still out there . now might be a good time for them to come out ..

Roger Goodell’s handling of New England’s tapes worsened the controversy. Goodell originally intended to secure the tapes.
    However, someone leaked them to Jay Glazer of Fox, and Fox showed portions on a pregame show.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...omoting-parity

Jay Glazer of Fox still has his copies

I show them at parties all the time, so they're more than welcome to come over to my house and see them. Me and my buddies will watch them all the time

http://deadspin.com/383677/jay-glazer-owns-the-nfl
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends