Thread: i am art II

Junior Member Array title="steelamazing is on a distinguished road">

i am art II

I am Art II. Its time to talk the truth, we like things the way they are, if Mike Tomlin is our coach until he is 65, we have succeeded as an organization, the rooney rule and 3 coaches in 70 years, and we will still have you fans waving your terrible towels, life is good. who cares about more Lombardis

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: i am art II

Art II is the Pennsylvania version of Mike Brown, doing as little as possible while watching his team become a clownshow

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

I'm 25 years old...

At what point will I start developing the same spoiled sense of entitlement I see on here? Mostly from people with 19 posts in two years, mind you..

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I am dick, nice to meet you

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Art II is the Pennsylvania version of Mike Brown, doing as little as possible while watching his team become a clownshow
    You may be right . I believe the verdict will be in next year. The signs are there.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    I'm 25 years old...

At what point will I start developing the same spoiled sense of entitlement I see on here? Mostly from people with 19 posts in two years, mind you..
    They really came out of the woodwork this year..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I am dick, nice to meet you

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm 25 years old...

It doesn't take long at all if you are built that way.

Fortunately...you are not.

I'm 25 years old...

You should already have a sense of entitlement as this is a forum set up for you to share your opinion. Continue to do so but do not label a person with 19 posts as spoiled because he has a different view point than you do. i have gone to Steeler Super Bowl games, multitude of play off games and many many regular season games. I have seen the Steelers play in Heinz field, Three Rivers, Pitt stadium and even Forbes field. I am 75 years old and I only have 109 posts. I have played the game , I have coached the game and I know the game better than most.

I am posting now because my loyalty and love of Steelers is deep and long. I am disgusted with Mike Tomlin and just wondering at this juncture what Art Rooney 11 is thinking & planning. For me its to early to label Rooney. It took me years to totally disapprove of Tomlin. I can accept that he should have one more year to improve and get this franchise back to where it once was. However it does concern me that perhaps we are very similar to Mike Brown's ownership expectation and not Paul Brown's. A great owner coach in both Cleveland and of the Bengals.

In conclusion 25 year old young man you keep posting and let the new voice of 19 posts or those who are posting for the very first time also posts. Have a great week.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelamazing View Post
    I am Art II. Its time to talk the truth, we like things the way they are, if Mike Tomlin is our coach until he is 65, we have succeeded as an organization, the rooney rule and 3 coaches in 70 years, and we will still have you fans waving your terrible towels, life is good. who cares about more Lombardis
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I am a meat popsicle.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The problem is this team had a great opportunity to do something, but it historically underachieved. Compared them to the 1976 Steelers, the best Steeler team that did not win a Super Bowl. If you were around for them, then you would understand.

Honorable mention to the NFL which continues to run their refs like mom and pop hardware stores. I think it is intentional so that games can be swayed one way or another to find the best media markets for the Super Bowl teams. I can't believe the Saints got screwed again.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    The problem is this team had a great opportunity to do something, but it historically underachieved. Compared them to the 1976 Steelers, the best Steeler team that did not win a Super Bowl. If you were around for them, then you would understand.
    I don't think it's even close to the same level of underachieving - the 1976 squad was one of the most dominant teams ever, and had shitty luck with injuries, and still put up a good fight. This team squandered one opportunity after another for no reason, and generally behaved like your bipolar ex-girlfriend who keyed your car.

Although yes, this team still did underachieve, and over the last decade I'd say has underachieved terribly.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I don't think it's even close to the same level of underachieving - the 1976 squad was one of the most dominant teams ever, and had shitty luck with injuries, and still put up a good fight. This team squandered one opportunity after another for no reason, and generally behaved like your bipolar ex-girlfriend who keyed your car.

Although yes, this team still did underachieve, and over the last decade I'd say has underachieved terribly.
    I concur. The 1976 team was snakebit on offense with injuries, but at the same time put up the most dominant defensive performance in the history of the league. The 1976 Steelers defense was legendary.
    For those that aren't familiar...

Having said that, it was a different game back then. The rules weren't geared toward offense, the game was much more violent, and the concept of 'parity' didn't exist.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’d fight Gandhi.

No coach is beyond criticism perhaps even B B . Please forgive me but Chuck Noll's biggest mistake was in the 1976 semi final AFC championship game against the then Baltimore Colts. The Steelers after having won their first two consecutive Super Bowls lost their first four games in 1976. Then the incredible happened they went on to play the most dominant defense ever seen. They eeked their way into the play offs and then dominated the Colts a 26 to 7 lead going into the fourth quarter. Final score 40 to 14. We all knew that going to Oakland for the AFC Championship was next. The Steelers were going to kick their ass , no doubt. At the party I hosted along with my fellow Steeler fans we were screaming at the TV . Take Franco & Rocky out with our defense the lead was insurmountable, Take Franco & Rocky out. Yep it happened both guys got hurt in the fourth quarter.and would not play next week. We lost to Oakland as we started I believe a true second team running back named Harrison and a tight end in the back field. In those days two running backs almost always lined up in the back field and both running back were ball carriers not one a blocking back. Effectively we had no running attack. Chuck Noll got roasted but they came back and won two more.

Noll had what I observed as both a weakness and strength ....He was head strong or simply put stubborn. It cost the Steelers number 3 in a row. Great & very good coaches do make mistakes. Personally speaking Pete Carroll made the biggest big game mistake not running the Beast, Marshawn Lynch at the goal line against the Pats. None of the above lessens my personal disapproval of Mike Tomlin. My hope is that Mike Tomlin becomes the Steeler coach that makes the most incredible transformation within himself and gets this circus out of town. First cut out the bull shit, its almost insulting. If he doesn't I think it is going to get very hot in the "Steel Furnace:

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    No coach is beyond criticism perhaps even B B . Please forgive me but Chuck Noll's biggest mistake was in the 1976 semi final AFC championship game against the then Baltimore Colts. The Steelers after having won their first two consecutive Super Bowls lost their first four games in 1976. Then the incredible happened they went on to play the most dominant defense ever seen. They eeked their way into the play offs and then dominated the Colts a 26 to 7 lead going into the fourth quarter. Final score 40 to 14. We all knew that going to Oakland for the AFC Championship was next. The Steelers were going to kick their ass , no doubt. At the party I hosted along with my fellow Steeler fans we were screaming at the TV . Take Franco & Rocky out with our defense the lead was insurmountable, Take Franco & Rocky out. Yep it happened both guys got hurt in the fourth quarter.and would not play next week. We lost to Oakland as we started I believe a true second team running back named Harrison and a tight end in the back field. In those days two running backs almost always lined up in the back field and both running back were ball carriers not one a blocking back. Effectively we had no running attack. Chuck Noll got roasted but they came back and won two more.

Noll had what I observed as both a weakness and strength ....He was head strong or simply put stubborn. It cost the Steelers number 3 in a row. Great & very good coaches do make mistakes. Personally speaking Pete Carroll made the biggest big game mistake not running the Beast, Marshawn Lynch at the goal line against the Pats. None of the above lessens my personal disapproval of Mike Tomlin. My hope is that Mike Tomlin becomes the Steeler coach that makes the most incredible transformation within himself and gets this circus out of town. First cut out the bull shit, its almost insulting. If he doesn't I think it is going to get very hot in the "Steel Furnace:
    I was too young to remember how/why Franco and Rocky got hurt. Never knew about any of that. I had no idea.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Always good to know someone else on here is old enough to have enjoyed watching those 70s teams live rather than just on NFL Films

Noll arguably did a bad job of getting the 76 team ready to start the season given the 1-4 start (take a guess on the reaction here if a Tomlin team had blown a two TD lead in the last 5 minutes of the season opener in Oakland).

But hard to blame him for the Franco and Rocky injuries in the Colts playoff games even though the game was over at halftime with the Steelers up 26-7

This game story notes the injuries

Rocky Bleier, one of their 1,000‐yard rushers this season, sprained a toe in the opening series and carried the ball only one time. Franco Harris. the other 1,000‐yard man, bruised some ribs early in the third period and did not play again.

https://www.nytimes.com/1976/12/20/a...wboys-for.html

The video of that game is available online here in The Video Cabinet

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...rs-40-Colts-14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVSe9mlKfU

Fuqua and Harrison are alternating in the backfield with Franco during the second quarter

After the linked game story said when Franco was injured (I only recalled it was in the second half and that a Colt lineman hit Franco when he was down) I checked the video

Franco had 135 yards rushing early in the third quarter when #76 for the Colts hits Franco in the ribs on the first Steelers first offensive series of the third quarter (at the 1:11 mark on the video) after Franco already had been taken down - classy Baltimore crowd can be heard cheering when Franco is lying on the ground after his ribs were busted up