Thread: Eagles Ran Fake Super Bowl Walk-Through in Case Patriots Were Watching

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Eagles Ran Fake Super Bowl Walk-Through in Case Patriots Were Watching

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

Philadelphia Eagles long snapper Rick Lovato said the team did a fake walkthrough in Minneapolis one day ahead of Super Bowl LII in the event the New England Patriots were spying on their practice.

Can't say that I blame them.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Eagles Ran Fake Super Bowl Walk-Through in Case Patriots Were Watching

By the way that game played out, looks like the Patriots were watching a fake walk through...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Do you blame them?

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Looks like the whole NFL is onto the cheater's tactics....except the refs of course. Cheater's.....what pathetic organization and 'phoniness'.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I think they still had some kind of tell for the Eagles' defense, maybe a stolen playbook. Brady passed for 500 yards, but I'm reasonably certain that Refrigerator Perry could've played QB after drinking a handle of Old Crow and thrown for about 490.

Did you see how they were completing their passes? Not a single tough throw or amazing catch. It was all soft tosses to guys who were wide open. Every play they knew exactly which spot to run to. ALMOST A LITTLE TOO WELL, DON'T YOU THINK?

Yet they still managed to find a way to lose. Rarely is there that much justice in the world.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I honestly have no idea why teams don't change signals at halftime when they play the Patriots*. There's several ways to do it. For instance, I'd imagine every play is numbered. In the second half, what ever play is called in, add a 3 to the number and that's the play you're using. Pretty easy to practice it during the week as well. First half of practice you call in plays normally, second half, you use the second-half system of calling plays.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I honestly have no idea why teams don't change signals at halftime when they play the Patriots*. There's several ways to do it. For instance, I'd imagine every play is numbered. In the second half, what ever play is called in, add a 3 to the number and that's the play you're using. Pretty easy to practice it during the week as well. First half of practice you call in plays normally, second half, you use the second-half system of calling plays.
    Im not sure half the NFL can read, let alone add.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The Pats beat the Steelers and Eagles in the 2004 playoffs/Superbowl because of this. I do not blame the Eagles one bit.

The Patriots clearly had all of our signals in the 2004 AFC Title game. We had destroyed them early in that season and suddenly in the AFC Title game they seemed to know our plays before we ran them. Even players commented how the Patriots would adjust with play calls. It stinks Cowher didn't change the signals.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    The Pats beat the Steelers and Eagles in the 2004 playoffs/Superbowl because of this. I do not blame the Eagles one bit.

The Patriots clearly had all of our signals in the 2004 AFC Title game. We had destroyed them early in that season and suddenly in the AFC Title game they seemed to know our plays before we ran them. Even players commented how the Patriots would adjust with play calls. It stinks Cowher didn't change the signals.
    If I remember, Hines Ward among others said they were calling out all our plays at the line of scrimmage, which seemed to be about right.

This was also the year before the Doug Flutie helmet incident, where they figured out the coaches were able to talk to Brady over the helmet radio all the way up to the snap, and were telling him the exact defense. (This would be pretty easy to do, no far-fetched conspiracy needed - just put your own radio inside the helmet alongside the "official" one and use a different frequency, duh. Hell, I bet they're still doing that, unless someone has checked it by seizing Tom Brady's helmet and ripping out all the padding, and told everyone about it.) This was also the year before a Patriots player let it slip that they'd get a list of the opponent's audibles before the game.

If I were coaching the Eagles, I would've changed all my audibles to variations on "Brady sucks dog nuts," "Brady eats cat shit," "Brady's wife is cheating on him," "Brady goes down on Belichick in the film room," and stuff like that. Let them have fun figuring it out.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

steelreserve---- LOL, LOVE IT !!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

haha who knows, maybe thats why they won. the patriots***** prepared for the wrong shit