Thread: Steelers hire Tom Bradley as DB coach

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers hire Tom Bradley as DB coach

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers hire Tom Bradley as DB coach

Being a Penn State guy, I like this hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Being a Penn State guy, I like this hiring.

This guy would always find a way to coach up a great defense. I was always a fan of him as a coach and the way he handled himself as the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach when called upon.

He was a casualty of the Jerry Sandusky scandal, but he was fantastic during his time at Penn State. A real football guy.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Bradley helped make every defensive player on the roster better his entire time at PSU. If you wanted a guy that teaches fundamentals and has a proven history of developing players, you have to like this hire. He has experience coaching linebackers and defensive backs, and as a DC, his defenses were routinely ranked Top 10 nationally. For those that don't know much about him, here's his coaching history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Br...ican_football)

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I can't say that I know much about Bradley but I like what I'm hearing. This also sounds like a guy who could eventually end up as the DC.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Sounds like a good hire,

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I can't say that I know much about Bradley but I like what I'm hearing. This also sounds like a guy who could eventually end up as the DC.
    I was actually just thinking the same thing. Could put a little pressure on Butler to step up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    He sounds more like another Munchak who could possibly replace MT too.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    He sounds more like another Munchak who could possibly replace MT too.
    Lolz

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I don't know much about the guy either, BUT if he's a stickler on tackling and fundamentals....I'm definitely on board with the guy !! Tackling and fundamentals is definitely something this team lacks. Hopefully a good hire, only time will tell all.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Does he have any sleaze on him from Sandusky stuff? I honestly don't know a blessed thing about the dude. Just really hoping he is guiltless there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Good someone from outside the clan. If Pczach says he's a good coach I'm happy!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Does he have any sleaze on him from Sandusky stuff? I honestly don't know a blessed thing about the dude. Just really hoping he is guiltless there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...buse/86988886/

A lot of headlines out there read that Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley knew, but said articles seem to say that they didn't. It's going to be one of those things that no one will ever know the truth of. I hope that stuff doesn't become a distraction, and more importantly I sure hope he wasn't involved in turning the other cheek. Sounds like an awesome coach from what I'm hearing
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Marcus Allen just just ahead a few spots on our draft board...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'm excited about this hire and am totally on-board! He's from Johnstown, PA, and went to Bishop McCort High School. He's 61 years old.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

FWIW the secondary while he was coaching it at UCLA was horrendous.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

A lot of headlines out there read that Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley knew, but said articles seem to say that they didn't. It's going to be one of those things that no one will ever know the truth of. I hope that stuff doesn't become a distraction, and more importantly I sure hope he wasn't involved in turning the other cheek. Sounds like an awesome coach from what I'm hearing
    He sounds more than competent as coach. But all this Sandusky stuff has just tainted so many people from PSU from that era.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

This Steelers replace damn near everyone but Tomlin, if it doesn't help we know why

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Maybe all this hiring might make TOMLIN'S SEAT ALOT WARMER !!! Did Rooney finally get off his ass and check into things and watch some games ?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

It became an issue at Tennessee when Schiano was offered the HC job but that involved both student pressure and alums upset with the offer since they expected Gruden to be hired - different dynamics with hiring a NFL position coach rather than the head coach of a SEC public university - as was the case with Belichick allegedly trying to hire Schiano after the Tennessee job fell through doubtful these allegations are going to get much traction with the fan base, which unlike Tennnesee boosters and students has no leverage

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    FWIW the secondary while he was coaching it at UCLA was horrendous.
    He needed to recruit better players at UCLA most likely.

He is the brother of the Steelers team Orthopedic surgeon. Tomlin can only win with Cowhers Orthopedic Surgeons brother as a coach.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He needed to recruit better players at UCLA most likely.

He is the brother of the Steelers team Orthopedic surgeon. Tomlin can only win with Cowhers Orthopedic Surgeons brother as a coach.
    That fact nullifies this as a Tomlin hire. Cowher and his spit FTW!!!

Actually, correction:

If Bradley fails, it's Cool Shades' fault

If Bradley succeeds, it's because of Cowher.

Sounds like a coach Burns and Davis could use

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Sounds like a coach Burns and Davis could use
    Add Mitchell to that list. I would much rather see Mitchell at 221 playing in the box, and letting Davis go to FS at 205. The main problem with that seems to be that Mitchell doesn't tackle well, and Davis doesn't cover well. My hope is Bradley can fix both. As for Burns, I think experience will be a great coach for him as well. I do love this hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Add Mitchell to that list. I would much rather see Mitchell at 221 playing in the box, and letting Davis go to FS at 205. The main problem with that seems to be that Mitchell doesn't tackle well, and Davis doesn't cover well. My hope is Bradley can fix both. As for Burns, I think experience will be a great coach for him as well. I do love this hire.
    No they need to just get rid of Mitchell. $8 million to get burned all the time? Get rid of him. And at 31, he's not gonna get better.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Yeah ill pass on Mitchells $8 million dollar cap hit thanks.

Mitchell doesnt do anything well except run his mouth. Davis has been one of our leaders in missed tackles the past 2 seasons. At least Davis is young and looked really good the 2nd half of the 2016 season, so he has a realistic trajectory for improvement
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Junior Member Array title="Steel 36 Bus is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steel 36 Bus's Avatar

I remember a few yrs ago when he was on Steelers post game show. he always sounded like he knew what he was talking about on that show when the fans would call in and either complain or give their approval. I remember him being at PSU. and when he was there they usually had a solid D. I guess we will find out. BUT if he is teaching fundamentals I am all for it. since this is how you lose football games when you can't get that part of the game down. Coach Noll that was his battle cry, and what makes him the BEST in my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm just glad this new coach has an "L" in his last name.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Mark Madden: Steelers coach Tom Bradley has taken enough flak

MARK MADDEN | Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018

http://triblive.com/sports/columnist...en-enough-flak