Thread: Steelers will explore extending Roethlisberger's contract and want to sign Bell to a long-term deal this offseason.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers will explore extending Roethlisberger's contract and want to sign Bell to a long-term deal this offseason.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Steelers will explore extending Roethlisberger's contract and want to sign Bell to a long-term deal this offseason.

Both of these would surprise me a bit. Not so much extending Ben as getting a long term deal done with Bell. I've been thinking he would get tagged again and be gone after the 2018 season. But, if it can get done that's great. I wonder how many more years Ben wants to extend.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Steelers will explore extending Roethlisberger's contract and want to sign Bell to a long-term deal this offseason.

We will end up overpaying Bell and regretting it.

It will cost us elsewhere.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    We will end up overpaying Bell and regretting it.

It will cost us elsewhere.
    Bouchette says the only person who has said they are close to a deal is Bell - caveat emptor to anyone who buys what Bell says about anything

Are the Steelers and Leveon as close to a deal as has been reported?
    Ed Bouchette: The only one who has "reported" they are close to a deal is Le'Veon himself. I was told that is just not true.

I'm still unsure whether Bell will be with them or not. Trying to get a better feel on that....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201802060097

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar