Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Sport: Tom Brady doesn't shake Nick Foles hand after Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Poor Sport: Tom Brady doesn't shake Nick Foles hand after Super Bowl

Not a shock, and not the first time for this classless shithead. He wants all the credit and basks in the glow of his fame and stardom while eating up all the praise, including the praise of other elite quarterbacks.

There are some things you instinctively know, and I've always thought that this guy is a phony. Tommy Boy acting like a spoiled princess is not really a shock to me. I wish the media would stop kissing this guy's ass and show him for what he really is.

The author of the story goes on to say that nobody should care about Brady's sportsmanship. I say he's an asshole.

This link takes you to the story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...A8w?li=BBnb7Kz

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Poor Sport: Tom Brady doesn't shake Nick Foles hand after Super Bowl

Marsha gets a pass for sideline tantrums. Alot of them. AB throws one tantrum and he's labeled a diva.

He's definitely a phony. It's why most of America hates his fake act.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think this is normal for him. I seem to remember hearing about this on several other occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Peyton Manning hated (HATED) that his own teammates would go out after a loss and talk with the opposition.

That said, Peyton was polite enough to shake the opposing QB’s hand.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Peyton Manning hated (HATED) that his own teammates would go out after a loss and talk with the opposition.

That said, Peyton was polite enough to shake the opposing QB’s hand.
    He didn't when he lost to Brees in the Super Bowl.

I don't blame players for just wanting to get the hell out of there after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Maybe this isn't the place to get into this, but seeing the past 36 hours and frankly the entire season of the Pats just infuriates me that everyone wants to pile on the Steelers for being a "drama" team and unfocused. I mean look at this list off the top of my head and I don't follow the Patriots on a daily basis:

1. Brady and Belichick are supposedly clashing over the role of Brady's quack "doctor".
    2. Possible that Brady and Kraft joined forces to push the Garappolo trade over Belichick's objections.
    3. Gronk tried to cripple a guy.
    4. During playoff run multiple coordinators and coaches had a will they or won't they interview cycle with other NFL teams.
    5. Brady had multiple visible meltdowns on the sidelines this season.
    6. During the SB anthem one of the teams highest profile defenders was visibly emotional. Came out that it was because he was benched for reasons that the Pats still haven't really answered. And the players tapped to replace him were terrible.
    7. Got rid of both Collins and Jones for draft picks and a bag of kicking tees rather than pay either one. The lack of a pass rush (Jones) and the inability of the Pats linebackers to play horizontally (Collins) was exposed last night to brutal effect by the Eagles. I know this predates this season, but still...
    8. What about that odd reverse kick-off return to start the final Pats drive? Or the pass to Brady? Can one imagine if Tomlin authorized those plays?

I'm sure there are more - including the fact that Brady is a petulant man-child with idiotic political and medical beliefs that I am certain make him an entitled douche-bag and likely not the chillest locker-room presence.

But no one ever really talks about any of this. And all I have to hear after every single big Steelers loss is that if they only played, practiced, and focused like the Patriots that all their problems would vanish in a poof of unicorn farts and rainbow gumdrops as the team then entered the promised land. Whatever.

Every NFL team is full of complex egos, questionable decisions, poor execution, mental mistakes, and odd roster choices. Some are worse than others - but all have their problems.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He didn't when he lost to Brees in the Super Bowl.
    I totally believe that. Because, as I said, he HATES losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe this isn't the place to get into this, but seeing the past 36 hours and frankly the entire season of the Pats just infuriates me that everyone wants to pile on the Steelers for being a "drama" team and unfocused. I mean look at this list off the top of my head and I don't follow the Patriots on a daily basis:

1. Brady and Belichick are supposedly clashing over the role of Brady's quack "doctor".
    2. Possible that Brady and Kraft joined forces to push the Garappolo trade over Belichick's objections.
    4. During playoff run multiple coordinators and coaches had a will they or won't they interview cycle with other NFL teams.
    6. During the SB anthem one of the teams highest profile defenders was visibly emotional. Came out that it was because he was benched for reasons that the Pats still haven't really answered. And the players tapped to replace him were terrible.
    7. Got rid of both Collins and Jones for draft picks and a bag of kicking tees rather than pay either one. The lack of a pass rush (Jones) and the inability of the Pats linebackers to play horizontally (Collins) was exposed last night to brutal effect by the Eagles. I know this predates this season, but still...
    8. What about that odd reverse kick-off return to start the final Pats drive? Or the pass to Brady? Can one imagine if Tomlin authorized those plays?

I'm sure there are more - including the fact that Brady is a petulant man-child with idiotic political and medical beliefs that I am certain make him an entitled douche-bag and likely not the chillest locker-room presence.

But no one ever really talks about any of this. And all I have to hear after every single big Steelers loss is that if they only played, practiced, and focused like the Patriots that all their problems would vanish in a poof of unicorn farts and rainbow gumdrops as the team then entered the promised land. Whatever.

Every NFL team is full of complex egos, questionable decisions, poor execution, mental mistakes, and odd roster choices. Some are worse than others - but all have their problems.
    It is akin to how Belichick started off slow this year, but he is gutsy... and turned it around. Whereas, Tomlin is simply unprepared for the season.

Likewise, when the Taperiots almost lost to the Bucanneers, needing three missed FGs, Belichick showed moxie. Whereas, no matter the opponent, no matter the situation, Tomlin’s teams are almost always labeled as unfocused (even in victory).

Similarly, when Belichick loses to the Dolphins, it is because... uh... because Belichick wanted to lose. Whereas, when Tomlin wins 4 straight games, but 3-out-of-4 of those games needed last-second FGs, it is because his team was stupidly overlooking opponents and/or focused on the upcoming game against the Taperiots.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It is akin to how Belichick started off slow this year, but he is gutsy... and turned it around. Whereas, Tomlin is simply unprepared for the season.

Likewise, when the Taperiots almost lost to the Bucanneers, needing three missed FGs, Belichick showed moxie. Whereas, no matter the opponent, no matter the situation, Tomlin’s teams are almost always labeled as unfocused (even in victory).

Similarly, when Belichick loses to the Dolphins, it is because... uh... because Belichick wanted to lose. Whereas, when Tomlin wins 4 straight games, but 3-out-of-4 of those games needed last-second FGs, it is because his team was stupidly overlooking opponents and/or focused on the upcoming game against the Taperiots.
    Pretty much. I shouldn't let it get to me but it absolutely drives me bonkers.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Hard to criticize a team when it is going to and usually winning Super Bowls in a great second act for the Brady/Belichick combo since 2014 - my bet is the deification of Belichick is going to take a hit after his inability to solve his defensive problems all season. The sketchy benching of Butler and the reverse on the kickoff yesterday already have been torched.

And ESPN has fanned the flames of trouble in paradise this season with its lengthy story of tensions between Brady, Belichick and Kraft, while Brady has been mocked for "drink plenty of water to avoid sunburn" and his self-indulgent Tom v. Time videos.

OTOH the Steelers are regarded as underachievers with the talent they have stockpiled on offense - the lack of focus/too much drama storyline as the reason is easy to write when your head coach gives an interview in November discussing meeting the Pats in the playoffs while the star running back tweets about a Pats rematch the night before the loss to Jax.

With the Steelers you do not have to develop a story, just quote what they say - makes it a lot easier to report and harder to deny.

Drama on other teams requires some digging (e.g. - the lengthy ESPN story on tension between Belichick, Brady & Kraft) - the Steelers broadcast their drama on twitter, Facebook, Tuesday morning radio appearances, and Sunday Night Football interviews. Even after the season is over Bell goes to Minnesota and keeps stirring the pot about teammates not being ready for a playoff game.

I do not claim to follow the entire NFL, but what other team does that to that extent? I know the Falcons don't.

The Pats with good reason receive more coverage than any team in the NFL, which has been overwhelmingly favorable for their achievements on the field while unfavorable for Spygate & Deflategate - 8 Super Bowl appearances with the same head coach and QB will lead to that sort of reverence for the system. With what are now three Super Bowl losses as the favorite that might start to flip.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

That kind of wraps it up with a nice little bow.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

When Brady does it it's OK, he's just fiercely competitive. When Cam Newton did it he was a disrespectful thug...what gives?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Brady is a little bitch. Always has been and always will be. If my husband ever acted like he does, I'd punch him in the throat.

#SadBrady gives me life!

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/these-m...t-deal-8118698

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Brady is a little bitch. Always has been and always will be. If my husband ever acted like he does, I'd punch him in the throat.

#SadBrady gives me life!

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/these-m...t-deal-8118698
    He staffed out being classy to his wife

His wife, Gisele Bündchen, on the other hand, was seen congratulating Philadelphia Eagles players after the Patriots’ 41-33 loss. She showed sportsmanship on a night when some Patriots had trouble doing the same.

She also congratulated the Eagles in an Instagram post while mentioning the Patriots and all of the hard work that they put in.

gisele Congratulations Eagles for winning the Super bowl, what a game that was! Congratulations Patriots for giving your best and to my love, we are incredibly proud of you because we are able to see ever day all the commitment, sacrifice and hard work that you have devoted to become the best in what you do. We love you!

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/201...es-personally/

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Hard to criticize a team when it is going to and usually winning Super Bowls in a great second act for the Brady/Belichick combo since 2014 - my bet is the deification of Belichick is going to take a hit after his inability to solve his defensive problems all season. The sketchy benching of Butler and the reverse on the kickoff yesterday already have been torched.

And ESPN has fanned the flames of trouble in paradise this season with its lengthy story of tensions between Brady, Belichick and Kraft, while Brady has been mocked for "drink plenty of water to avoid sunburn" and his self-indulgent Tom v. Time videos.

OTOH the Steelers are regarded as underachievers with the talent they have stockpiled on offense - the lack of focus/too much drama storyline as the reason is easy to write when your head coach gives an interview in November discussing meeting the Pats in the playoffs while the star running back tweets about a Pats rematch the night before the loss to Jax.

With the Steelers you do not have to develop a story, just quote what they say - makes it a lot easier to report and harder to deny.

Drama on other teams requires some digging (e.g. - the lengthy ESPN story on tension between Belichick, Brady & Kraft) - the Steelers broadcast their drama on twitter, Facebook, Tuesday morning radio appearances, and Sunday Night Football interviews. Even after the season is over Bell goes to Minnesota and keeps stirring the pot about teammates not being ready for a playoff game.

I do not claim to follow the entire NFL, but what other team does that to that extent? I know the Falcons don't.

The Pats with good reason receive more coverage than any team in the NFL, which has been overwhelmingly favorable for their achievements on the field while unfavorable for Spygate & Deflategate - 8 Super Bowl appearances with the same head coach and QB will lead to that sort of reverence for the system. With what are now three Super Bowl losses as the favorite that might start to flip.
    THose are excellent points. I also do not following other teams well enough to discuss or assess their social media issues. I can think of the Kirk Cousins situation in Washington as not really all that different than Bell's. Cousins and the head coach have made multiple inflammatory statements over the past few seasons. I do know that several 49ers players took shots at the organization and players after the arrival of Garappolo started a turnaround. I read several reports this season that Falcons players were whispering that Quinn's "coaching" was wearing thin. I heard some grumbling from the Ravens and Bengals this year, but again I can not assess the format and legitimacy of what specific players were or were not saying.

I simply contend that every single team that does not win the SB each season could have multiple examples of "focus issues", "drama", and off-field "distractions". My major issue is that while focus and preparation are critical components of success and failure in any endeavor, I do not find the immediate pivot to elevating those explanations over more traditional and detailed breakdowns of player performance, execution, and strategy. To date, I have heard little to no analysis of the Steelers-Jags game where proponents of the "focus" theory are able to link that to on-field outcomes other than with vague cliches that are essentially impossible to argue against because it becomes a proving a negative kinda thing.

What I have seen, and for some reason no one really wants to talk about this, is that the Jags play design was fantastic and continually isolated and exposed the weaknesses inherent in the Steelers defense. On top of that, there were multiple instances where the Steelers defense was in the right alignment to counter the Jags offensive play-call but their front seven was wholly unable to execute their individual and unit responsibilities. Now can focus and preparation play a role in that? Of course, it would be inherently foolish and patently ridiculous of me to argue otherwise. But there is also the other side of that coin - at least for that Sunday the Jags offense was the superior unit. I honestly believe that reporting and dissecting those issues takes too long in Twitter first media setting and the focus/distraction storyliner is easier and quicker to get out there than a detailed breakdown of tactics and execution that the majority of NFL content consumers don't want to take the time to read anyways.

Finally, these playoffs should have driven this lesson home in a massive and seemingly conclusive manner. Right now, offense trumps defense in the NFL. We just had a SB with ONE punt! The best defenses in the NFL this year, at least in points per game (Vikes, Jags, Eagles, Chargers, Broncos, Pats, Saints, Steelers), had very little to say in deciding the outcome of the playoffs. While there were some really good defensive showings early in the playoffs, most of the highly billed defenses consistently yielded yards and points from the divisional round forward. Certainly in the SB. Again, it does need acknowledged that there were several really good defensive showings in the playoffs, but offense appears to have carried the day and the season in 2017.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

It always kills me to hear how "classy" Brady is. I've always thought he was a phony.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It's common knowledge at this point, after all the entire Cheats organization and their fans don't have an ounce of class. Makes T.O. Harrison a perfect fit for that organization

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Fan-reaking tastic!!

Ya know, one thing that nobody has picked up on was the battle of the models teams. Bradley Cooper was in the Eagles ownership box with wife Irina Shayk, while Giselle wasn't criticizing Tom's teammates for the loss this time. I thought some medial outlets would have some fun with that?

AB requests Deebo to pass along this message to TB12

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    AB requests Deebo to pass along this message to TB12

LMAO!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Not a shock, and not the first time for this classless shithead. He wants all the credit and basks in the glow of his fame and stardom while eating up all the praise, including the praise of other elite quarterbacks.

There are some things you instinctively know, and I've always thought that this guy is a phony. Tommy Boy acting like a spoiled princess is not really a shock to me. I wish the media would stop kissing this guy's ass and show him for what he really is.

The author of the story goes on to say that nobody should care about Brady's sportsmanship. I say he's an asshole.

This link takes you to the story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...A8w?li=BBnb7Kz
    Foles has more class in his big toe than Brady has in his entire body. I somehow get the feeling that NE is starting to come undone.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Maybe Marsha knew Foles would not kiss him on the lips, so he just went his merry way.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Tom had to hurry into the lockerroom to change his tampon.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Foles has more class in his big toe than Brady has in his entire body. I somehow get the feeling that NE is starting to come undone.
    Bout fucking time too. Would love for karma to catch up for this team in the form of them being the irrelevant trainwreck they were in the 20th century and for their bandwagon jumping fanbase to 1. stop caring 2. root for the next super power

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I remember after the 2nd loss to the Giants, his wife was like "My husband can't throw and catch the ball". After this game, I was like "No, he can't. Obviously."

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Obviously Photoshopped!

There is NO WAY Brady would put a sign like that on his bike.

I mean look how angry he is!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant