Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le’Veon Bell Says Certain Teammates Were ‘Not Ready To Play Football’ Against Jaguars

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Le’Veon Bell Says Certain Teammates Were ‘Not Ready To Play Football’ Against Jaguars

Doug Pederson and the Eagles winning LII really speaks volumes as to how much of an underachiever Mike Tomlin is. Loses his starting QB (who was on an MVP tear) and still wins the Super Bowl. No coach has done less with more than Mike Tomlin.

We lose Ben for any considerable amount of time and the team more than likely falls apart. Great Coaching makes average teams good, and good teams great. Inferior coaching results in an early Divisional Round exit to Blake Bortles.

Sooner or later, the Steelers Organization have to realize that they may have a second Disco Dan Bylsma on their hands. The Steelers are in the exact same situation the Penguins were years ago. The Penguins just could not win despite a very good roster and continually underachieved.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Le’Veon Bell Says Certain Teammates Were ‘Not Ready To Play Football’ Against Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Doug Pederson and the Eagles winning LII really speaks volumes as to how much of an underachiever Mike Tomlin is. Loses his starting QB (who was on an MVP tear) and still wins the Super Bowl. No coach has done less with more than Mike Tomlin.

We lose Ben for any considerable amount of time and the team more than likely falls apart. Great Coaching makes average teams good, and good teams great. Inferior coaching results in an early Divisional Round exit to Blake Bortles.

Sooner or later, the Steelers Organization have to realize that they may have a second Disco Dan Bylsma on their hands. The Steelers are in the exact same situation the Penguins were years ago. The Penguins just could not win despite a very good roster and continually underachieved.
    Off topic but: I said it a million times...got to sign a backup QB with starter experience. Foles would've been perfect here backing up Ben. I wanted him when there were rumors that the Rams were looking to unload him. Sam Bradford should be someone they target as a back up. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, Josh McCown, Jay Cutler, Derek Anderson...there are quite a few out there this off-season that would make EXCELLENT backup QBs and be an instant upgrade over Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Off topic but: I said it a million times...got to sign a backup QB with starter experience. Foles would've been perfect here backing up Ben. I wanted him when there were rumors that the Rams were looking to unload him. Sam Bradford should be someone they target as a back up. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, Josh McCown, Jay Cutler, Derek Anderson...there are quite a few out there this off-season that would make EXCELLENT backup QBs and be an instant upgrade over Jones.
    Foles is getting paid something like 7.5 million. That is a ton of cap space. Eagles can make it work because Wentz is on a cheaper rookie deal.

Similar scenario for the Steelers would have something like 15% or of their cap space going to the QB position. For the Eagles that is only 7.5% of their cap for the two QBs.

That is a dramatic difference and why the Steelers will likely only significantly improve their back-up QB scenario by getting lucky in the draft.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Le’Veon Bell Says Certain Teammates Were ‘Not Ready To Play Football’ Against Jaguars

Foles only made $1.6M this year. Next season he will make $4.6 and a $3M roster bonus. If you want a quality back up, you have to pay in the neighborhood of $3-5M. Otherwise you have Landry Jones and when the starter goes down, so does your season. At the time, Foles could’ve been had for a reasonable price.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I just don't see how you can over 30 on the cap to the QB position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I just don't see how you can over 30 on the cap to the QB position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not saying it is ideal or even possible at this stage but I think at the time, it was very possible...but I’d be looking deep into it. Now with Ben, Bell, Brown, Heyward, etc...the salaries for these guys are getting astronomical. But again...in today’s game, you need to pay good money to get a good back up QB.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Foles only made $1.6M this year. Next season he will make $4.6 and a $3M roster bonus. If you want a quality back up, you have to pay in the neighborhood of $3-5M. Otherwise you have Landry Jones and when the starter goes down, so does your season. At the time, Foles could’ve been had for a reasonable price.
    Given Foles and Keenum's performance this year, I'd sign any QB that played under Jeff Fisher in the past 5 years.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Given Foles and Keenum's performance this year, I'd sign any QB that played under Jeff Fisher in the past 5 years.

How did that clown bullshit so many people for so long and find a way to stay in the league? The guy was the Jurassic Park of the NFL. He was a dinosaur coaching in the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

How did that clown bullshit so many people for so long and find a way to stay in the league? The guy was the Jurassic Park of the NFL. He was a dinosaur coaching in the modern world.
    LOL. I remember when people used to argue for Jeff "9-7" Fisher as a Tomlin replacement. Not many and not all that loudly, but it happened more than once!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

LOL. I remember when people used to argue for Jeff "9-7" Fisher as a Tomlin replacement. Not many and not all that loudly, but it happened more than once!
    How embarrassing would that be to dig up those old posts?! I'd renounce my membership if I was found in that archive lol.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He's such an easy target!

https://me.me/t/jeff-fisher
    Last edited by pczach; 02-11-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

He also said he wants 3 million more than Tuitt? Since when do teammates talk about other teammates contacts? Bell is social media distraction. Trade him now! Teams that win super bowls don't spend a lot o backs, they usually have two of them