Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
I expect Tomlin to be very aggressive when it comes to fixing the ILB position. If they can sign a safety via free agency I can see him trying to move up and grab someone like Smith if he was starting to fall. He values that position.
I expect and hope that too. One important part of the FA discussion is do we want to pay less, get a vet that can start right away as an upgrade, but on the downside of his career and maybe only a year or 2 stop gap player? OR Do we want to spend to get a good younger player that still has room to grow in the ILB/safety role, and will at worst end up as a quality backup? There are valid reasons why both are the correct way to go, but we can't do both.

I think for now, I like the thought of getting a younger, be here for 3+ years, type of FA at the safety role.(Ryan Clark) While at ILB, I think I want that solid vet that is going to immediately upgrade that position, but will hopefully be jumped over by a fresh rookie draft pick, and move to a quality backup role.(James Harrison)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
You and mojouw are not wrong, I never thought flacco was more than an average qb, and overrated when his supporting cast was carrying him the 1st part of his career. Flacco is one part of the problem, but I think his receivers are also part of the problem.
I agree that the Ravens do need to upgrade their skill positions, and by a lot. I just don't think they get back to where they were with Flacco, moving forward. I would not be that surprised if they grab a QB in the 2nd round.