Thread: Time to consider trading draft picks?

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Time to consider trading draft picks?

I think we should consider trading to go after a sure fire Defensive stud or trade down if we are left with mediocre choices .

We seem to always be on the tail end of the 20 something picks. One position we seem to never get right is the DB. Now its also starting to look like the OLB we can't hammer down. (Looking at you Bud Dupree)

Steelers have always had that ONE defensive player that opposing teams had to game plan for. I truly think this team does not have that without Shazier.

My Studs that I would love to see in Black and Gold:

Vita Vea NT Washginton
    Raquan Smith LB GA
    Trumaine Edmunds LB VT
    Terrelle edmunds SS VT (If we could some how get both that would be awesome.)
    MARCUS DAVENPORT Edge UTSA (I am on this banwagon early)

Your thoughts on trading to go after the "right guy" vs best player avail this year?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Time to consider trading draft picks?

Trade down if anything. They have a lot of holes to fill and not enough picks to fill them

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ects-to-watch/

2018 Steelers Draft

Round 1
    Round 2
    Round 3
    Round 5
    Round 5 (49ers -McDonald Trade)
    Round 7
    Round 7 *Conditional (Giants - Cockring Trade)

http://prosportstransactions.com/foo...Years/2018.htm

This link shows more details on the actual transactions/trades

Junior Member Array title="KillerBees is an unknown quantity at this point"> KillerBees's Avatar

As I mentioned in a previous thread there are some positions that are just stronger this year like safety. So if time comes to pick and the Steelers can move back to still get a safety they were eyeing then I’m all for it. NE seems to have a lot of success trading draft picks and moving back. But they also pull successful undrafted free agents out of no where.

If the Steelers traded there first round pick it would be surprising given their history of drafting. I could see them making some moves with those other picks though.

I definitely would love to see Steelers land Trumaine Edmunds LB VT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBees View Post
    As I mentioned in a previous thread there are some positions that are just stronger this year like safety. So if time comes to pick and the Steelers can move back to still get a safety they were eyeing then I’m all for it. NE seems to have a lot of success trading draft picks and moving back. But they also pull successful undrafted free agents out of no where.

If the Steelers traded there first round pick it would be surprising given their history of drafting. I could see them making some moves with those other picks though.

I definitely would love to see Steelers land Trumaine Edmunds LB VT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want both Edmunds brothers... the Saftey too lol

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    I want both Edmunds brothers... the Saftey too lol
    No to Tremaine Edmunds.

Weaknesses:

Instincts are average and relies on athletic gifts. Can be a step slow to diagnose. Lured by misdirection. Will take random downhill paths that trap him in the quagmire. Patience is lacking. Races ahead of plays and voids his leverage and run fits at times. Needs to add more upper and lower body strength. Average base strength and high center of gravity create issues holding up at the point of attack. Needs to be quicker to punch in order to maintain clearance. Mental busts in man coverage hurt his team. Takes time to process moving pieces.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No to Tremaine Edmunds.

Weaknesses:

Instincts are average and relies on athletic gifts. Can be a step slow to diagnose. Lured by misdirection. Will take random downhill paths that trap him in the quagmire. Patience is lacking. Races ahead of plays and voids his leverage and run fits at times. Needs to add more upper and lower body strength. Average base strength and high center of gravity create issues holding up at the point of attack. Needs to be quicker to punch in order to maintain clearance. Mental busts in man coverage hurt his team. Takes time to process moving pieces.

Agreed, I'm getting Jarvis Jones and Bud Dupree feelings about this guy.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Agreed, I'm getting Jarvis Jones and Bud Dupree feelings about this guy.
    For better or worse he is Colbert round one catnip. Super athletic, shockingly young, success at a major program. Basically everything Colbert can't resist in the opening round. If he is there at 28, no way Steelers can stop themselves.

Holy crap.

Taking a look at that link . . . the Browns have the first and fourth draft pick in the first round, the first, third, and last pick of the second round, and the first pick of the third round. That's six quality draft positions. If they manage to draft even decent players for the round and position taken, they just might turn themselves around.

Wait . . . it's the Browns. Never mind.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Holy crap.

Taking a look at that link . . . the Browns have the first and fourth draft pick in the first round, the first, third, and last pick of the second round, and the first pick of the third round. That's six quality draft positions. If they manage to draft even decent players for the round and position taken, they just might turn themselves around.

Wait . . . it's the Browns. Never mind
    2011 + 2012 Browns Draft (Julio Jones). Nuff said

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No to Tremaine Edmunds.

Weaknesses:

I think I may have found an OLB you will like in this draft. The link is Harold Landry vs FSU. Take a look and tell me what you think.
    http://www.draftblaster.com/2018-nfl...oston-college/