Thread: What to expect from Fichtner?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: What to expect from Fichtner?

I like everything I read in that piece!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

50 points a game. Super bowl!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I like everything I read in that piece!
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

This reads more like an opinion piece than an actual sit down with Fichtner to get his thoughts. meh.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Bell talked about training camp?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They should cut ties with him now!! His Pro Bowl Offense was horrendous. All the trick plays, Ben was awful, Brown was awful, Bell was awful...if I were Bell, I’d be looking to get out now!!!

FF - FIRE FICHTNER!!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They should cut ties with him now!! His Pro Bowl Offense was horrendous. All the trick plays, Ben was awful, Brown was awful, Bell was awful...if I were Bell, I’d be looking to get out now!!!

FF - FIRE FICHTNER!!!
    Well there was this hopeful sign as opposed to running Bell wide or throwing a pass

3rd and 1 at NFC 39
    (3:41 - 1st) R.Nix up the middle to NFC 38 for 1 yard

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400999088

Given that this was in a game that is played as the equivalent of flag football for millionaires there actually might have been a message there

I watched the game and there were two short situations and I was hoping that Tomlin had Ben run a QB sneak...I thought that would’ve been extremely funny...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm just hoping we don't end up with a carbon copy of Arians' unimaginative playcalling, 5 wide sets on 3rd/4th and short, and deep drops that get Ben killed

Well they said he’s going to incorporate some Haley stuff and Arians stuff...meaning a whole lot of shot gun draws, bubble screens, in opportune trick plays and shotgun go routes on third and short. Good news will be that Ben will stay safe by not running a QB sneak.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Bubble screens?
    Hater = Realist

Arians go to play.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Well they said he’s going to incorporate some Haley stuff and Arians stuff...meaning a whole lot of shot gun draws, bubble screens, in opportune trick plays and shotgun go routes on third and short. Good news will be that Ben will stay safe by not running a QB sneak.
    Oh joy, that doesn't sound good. Let's hope the Arians stuff involves some utilization of the backup RBs and not grinding Bell to a nub and the Haley stuff involves no deep dropbacks that get Ben killed, not the myriad of negatives from both

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Bubble screen shot will never totally go away. It is a staple of modern offense. At least as a run pass option. Love it or hate it it is here to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member Array title="KillerBees is an unknown quantity at this point"> KillerBees's Avatar

I think Big Ben having the ability to make the adjustments and call a few plays on the fly will be a big help. Ben has been through it all and making some plays up on his own like adjusting to a QB sneak on 4th and 1 seems like it will help. Think about vs the Cowboys in 2016, I don’t think Haley called the fake spike. But I guess I’m not certain.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bell certainly was chatty while in Minnesota - rather than start yet another Bell thread I am putting these comments on what Bell expects from Fichtner here

We’ve known for some time that Ben Roethlisberger and Todd Haley didn’t get along. Now Le’Veon Bell is offering some specifics....

“I feel like it was a lot of third downs Todd would maybe call something that Ben didn’t like,” Bell said. “There’s certain plays that Ben didn’t like. As a player, you’ve always got plays that you like, plays you dislike. It would be a big situation and Todd would call a play that Ben don’t necessarily like, and he tried to go out there and just execute it because the play is called.”...

“Randy’s only kind of going to give Ben what he wants, you know, make him comfortable,” Bell said. “Because third downs, that’s the biggest thing, that was our Achilles’ heel was third downs and red zone.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201802050097

So would Ben get the play, tell everyone in the huddle that plays sucks, and then say screw Todd we will run the damn play

The 2017 Steelers apparently were Team Chaos - rather than simply be discouraged by the Jax playoff loss maybe we should wonder how the wheels stayed on that long

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Bell certainly was chatty while in Minnesota - rather than start yet another Bell thread I am putting these comments on what Bell expects from Fichtner here

We’ve known for some time that Ben Roethlisberger and Todd Haley didn’t get along. Now Le’Veon Bell is offering some specifics....

“I feel like it was a lot of third downs Todd would maybe call something that Ben didn’t like,” Bell said. “There’s certain plays that Ben didn’t like. As a player, you’ve always got plays that you like, plays you dislike. It would be a big situation and Todd would call a play that Ben don’t necessarily like, and he tried to go out there and just execute it because the play is called.”...

“Randy’s only kind of going to give Ben what he wants, you know, make him comfortable,” Bell said. “Because third downs, that’s the biggest thing, that was our Achilles’ heel was third downs and red zone.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201802050097

So would Ben get the play, tell everyone in the huddle that plays sucks, and then say screw Todd we will run the damn play

The 2017 Steelers apparently were Team Chaos - rather than simply be discouraged by the Jax playoff loss maybe we should wonder how the wheels stayed on that long
    I do have to wonder how the wheels stayed on as long as they did. But Ben and Haley didn't lose that Jags game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Bubble screen shot will never totally go away. It is a staple of modern offense. At least as a run pass option. Love it or hate it it is here to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't mind it staying...I just didn't like seeing it run at the frequency it was run and run with one of, if not the slowest WR in the league...I love Hines Ward, but his speed wasn't his strong suit...

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I don't know what to expect, but I can only hope that the situational playcalling will improve. Better playcalling on 3rd and short and in the redzone is a must.