Thread: bye

Junior Member Array title="steelamazing is on a distinguished road">

bye

The nfl and there favoritism of the patsies and the steelers with in the nfl, and there favoritism of neandrethal coaching has led me to say so long wwfnfl, been nice knowing ya, I would explain why I came to that conclusion, just probably get me banned in the immortal words of popeye , “ I have had enough and enough is too much “

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: bye

Quote Originally Posted by steelamazing View Post
    The nfl and there favoritism of the patsies and the steelers with in the nfl, and there favoritism of neandrethal coaching has led me to say so long wwfnfl, been nice knowing ya, I would explain why I came to that conclusion, just probably get me banned in the immortal words of popeye , “ I have had enough and enough is too much “

It can be frustrating. Do what you have to do. All the best to you.

Seeing the Patriots get called for zero or one penalty in any game that matters has become a bit like Groundhog Day. I'm not sure the NFL even notices or cares, but there is something that needs to be addressed with the way things are called.....particularly in regard to one team.

I suspect many will follow you soon.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelamazing View Post
    Wait. What? You're saying that the NFL favors the Steelers? I'm going to assume you misspoke there because you're upset.

You can't leave. You just got here.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I thought of you when I saw this...

Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Wait. What? You're saying that the NFL favors the Steelers? I'm going to assume you misspoke there because you're upset.

You can't leave. You just got here.

Hey lady! Saw your PM. Wasn't watching that shit. I preferred to dust and watch 16 Candles and Rudy, both with better outcomes! Told my daughter they'll win in the 4th like they always do and sure enough...SHOCKING (not). Include me in the "I'm not watching this shitfest sb". Hope it's the lowest rated SB ever. I'm excited for the puppy bowl or a lifetime movie marathon or pulling my fingernails off one by one...all better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    Hey lady! Saw your PM. Wasn't watching that shit. I preferred to dust and watch 16 Candles and Rudy, both with better outcomes! Told my daughter they'll win in the 4th like they always do and sure enough...SHOCKING (not). Include me in the "I'm not watching this shitfest sb". Hope it's the lowest rated SB ever. I'm excited for the puppy bowl or a lifetime movie marathon or pulling my fingernails off one by one...all better options.
    I hear ya, sistah. I'm working Super Bowl Sunday, so I probably will only watch as much as I can see going in and out of patients' rooms. If the Steelers were in it, I was going to call off.

Justin Timberlake is the halftime show. I do want to see that. I think it will be a good one. I don't even really care about the commercials anymore. They're not as good as they used to be. Nowadays, they're just stupid.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I hear ya, sistah. I'm working Super Bowl Sunday, so I probably will only watch as much as I can see going in and out of patients' rooms. If the Steelers were in it, I was going to call off.

Justin Timberlake is the halftime show. I do want to see that. I think it will be a good one. I don't even really care about the commercials anymore. They're not as good as they used to be. Nowadays, they're just stupid.
    I can't believe LS you are going to miss Justin bring sexy back!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I am not watching the SB this year for the first time. I'm tired of the NFL wanting the pats in it almost every year and make sure it happens. They know everyone hates the pats and that brings in viewers to root against them. I'm done with that and they fooled me enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I can't believe LS you are going to miss Justin bring sexy back!

Given the controversial wardrobe malfunction Janet Jackson had the last time he appeared in a Super Bowl halftime show, I highly doubt he will be singing "Dick in a Box." Darn!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Yes, we got a first round bye.

Given the controversial wardrobe malfunction Janet Jackson had the last time he appeared in a Super Bowl halftime show, I highly doubt he will be singing "Dick in a Box." Darn!
    Haha Dick in a Box one of the best SNL sketches ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Yes, we got a first round bye.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I was just telling my friend today about how the Patriots have some kind of deal with the NFL or something. I never have seen them a single time be on the wrong side of the officiating. And whenever they are in a bind, you can count on a series of BS penalties always aiding a scoring drive they shouldn't have had.

Anyway I haven't watched the last 2 super bowls the patriots were in, and this one will be the same. It's not so much patriot hate as it is "these fuckers again? pass.". They're like the Buffalo Bills in the 90s, everone's fucking sick of them, but they're even more annoying because they actually won. At least the Bills we could take jabs at them for losing.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Usually, I'm excited for the Super Bowl, and excited to watch, (even the previous few Super Bowls). This year though, I am actively debating whether to skip it or force myself to watch it because it's the Super Bowl, right now I'm leaning towards not watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I was just telling my friend today about how the Patriots have some kind of deal with the NFL or something. I never have seen them a single time be on the wrong side of the officiating. And whenever they are in a bind, you can count on a series of BS penalties always aiding a scoring drive they shouldn't have had.

Anyway I haven't watched the last 2 super bowls the patriots were in, and this one will be the same. It's not so much patriot hate as it is "these fuckers again? pass.". They're like the Buffalo Bills in the 90s, everone's fucking sick of them, but they're even more annoying because they actually won. At least the Bills we could take jabs at them for losing.
    Nope and yes, people was sick of the Bills every year.The Bills was just that damn good and everyone respected them! The pats are proven cheats and the NFL cheats for them every dang year to make sure they make the SB. Sorry but your analogy doesn't hold up!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I will still have it (Super Bowl) on my TV but I'll probably be watching Netflix on my laptop or tablet.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I haven't watched football since Steeler's beat themselves and embarrassed the hell out of me....and themselves. I'm watching college BB. F//K football 'til next season.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Nope and yes, people was sick of the Bills every year.The Bills was just that damn good and everyone respected them! The pats are proven cheats and the NFL cheats for them every dang year to make sure they make the SB. Sorry but your analogy doesn't hold up!
    I had zero respect for the Bills and thought it was funny to make fun of how they could never win it. Boy I Love Losing Superbowls

Yeah I guess I'm a hater

Steeler Nation Rocks !!! Array title="Steelersfan is on a distinguished road"> Steelersfan's Avatar

What is this football and Super Bowl yinz speak of and are saying "bye" too. You do know it's HOCKEY season, right??? Hockey season officially starts the day after the Steelers last game of the season or a week or two after they win the Super Bowl.

And for anybody that's getting the slightest bit disgusted with football, there's NOTHING better than hockey. Pens fan or not; pick a team and get into it. Its about 15 times more exciting, more physical and more demanding than football. Think about it, INSTANT excitement from the time the puck drops until the horn blows to end the game. Nuth'in better!!!

I'll never EVER leave MY Steelers. I just can't do it!!! So, I'm NOT gonna try to spew it. I'd be lying!!! I know it's the "in" thing; to talk out your ass and try to glean attention by saying goodbye. BUT any true diehard Steeler fan isn't going anywhere, EVER.

But, for a good """release""", time away, and a way to keep football, on the back-burner of your mind for a good bit of the off-season, try yinz some hockey. If ya never got into it, you really gotts to give it some time and a chance. But, IF you do have the will-power to give yourself a chance to really get into a team, I promise you won't be disappointed. And if you just disregard my suggestion, you'd be missing out......... I can't twist your arm, ya just have to trust me.
    Here We Go Pittsburgh
Here We Go

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Usually, I'm excited for the Super Bowl, and excited to watch, (even the previous few Super Bowls). This year though, I am actively debating whether to skip it or force myself to watch it because it's the Super Bowl, right now I'm leaning towards not watching.
    And I've decided I won't be watching the Super Bowl. Here's hoping for a better 2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    What is this football and Super Bowl yinz speak of and are saying "bye" too. You do know it's HOCKEY season, right??? Hockey season officially starts the day after the Steelers last game of the season or a week or two after they win the Super Bowl.
    It's funny. I can't watch hockey anymore for the very reason that so many people don't like football. Gary Bettman destroyed the sport. He turned it into basketball on ice. Back in the day, players had to have grit and be able to fight through players. Today, it's turned into prettyboys figure skating and getting all pissy when someone touches them. No thanks.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I remember when MLB was the #1 sport in America before the players strike. I kinda feel the same way about the NFL and its self-inflicted nonsense due to prioritizing profits over quality.
    All Defense!