Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GAME DAY THREAD: Championship Sunday

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Championship Sunday

If Foles wins the SB I bet some team like the Browns will pay him big money to be the starter... gonna be a fun offseason.

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

Two teams i hate and the two most nauseating fan bases in the league. Pass.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl...ugh. There’s nothing worse. Nothing.
    I agree. It's a nightmare. I'm not watching that Super Bowl.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Vikings collapse after their second turnover late in first half

Nick Foles to the Super Bowl - feel the excitement

I have watched every Super Bowl - all streaks come to an end and that one may end for me in 2 weeks

With this game turned off may have watched my last play this season

I obviously am pissed off by how the Steelers season ended but this may be the year the NFL jumped the shark for me for anything other than Steelers games
    I have the same feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

If I were the Eagles I'd send in the backups now. Or the backup of the backup, in Foles' case (whomever that is).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Terrible ending to a decent season...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't really get the hate for the Eagles. They're not really rivals or anything, and most of their fans that I've met are like "Steelers are ok," and root for us if there's nothing else on the line. Mostly they're depressed and cynical is all. Easy call who to root for in this super bowl.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't really get the hate for the Eagles. They're not really rivals or anything, and most of their fans that I've met are like "Steelers are ok," and root for us if there's nothing else on the line. Mostly they're depressed and cynical is all. Easy call who to root for in this super bowl.
    Different when you live in the Philadelphia area.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

So basically it's these two against each other in the Superbowl.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Different when you live in the Philadelphia area.
    I did for a brief period. Like I said, they were mostly just depressed. Didn't really encounter anyone who was a jerk, unlike certain other fanbases that are like 90%.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well living here for 40+ years, it’s a little different than passing through. Just today alone there was a monsterous brawl at the tailgate that resulted in arrests and the philly and state police having to be involved. Then there were the incidents of the eagles fans throwing full beer cans at any Vikings fans walking by and it wasn’t just a couple/few guys...it was a lot of eagles fans. They’re pretty much unbearable as a fan base IMO.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'm not really excited for this Super Bowl. I have a strong dislike for the Patriots and Boston fans and I dislike Philly fans as well. I'm fine with the Eagles though.

Well living here for 40+ years, it’s a little different than passing through. Just today alone there was a monsterous brawl at the tailgate that resulted in arrests and the philly and state police having to be involved. Then there were the incidents of the eagles fans throwing full beer cans at any Vikings fans walking by and it wasn’t just a couple/few guys...it was a lot of eagles fans. They’re pretty much unbearable as a fan base IMO.
    Having grown up around Raiders fans, that sounds like a pretty tame afternoon.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Philly tailgate:

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Can we delete this NFL season? You get Tom Brady coasting through the AFC without a defense and you got the Eagles making to the Super Bowl without a QB because the Falcons Falconed and the Vikings Vikinged. Perfect Super Bowl for this shitty season. You also got Quitter Blount vs Quitter "I forever tainted my legacy for a few snaps and $59,000" Harrison. Winner (probably the Cheaters) but who cares?

- - - Updated - - -

Eagles fans are barbarians,

Think, had Marcus Williams of the Saints known how to tackle somebody, Saints beat the Vikings, they then beat the Eagles after Drew Brees doesn't choke on his own spit. Meanwhile had Mike Tomlin done something other than rely on Big Ben, AB, and Bos to bail his team out, Todd Haley knew how to call plays, Keith Butler knew how to do something other than look like a blithering idiot, and some of the defensive coaching assistants knew how to coach up players, the Steelers would be in the Super Bowl playing a palatable and worthy NFC foe without an insufferable hoard of cavemen for fans, instead of this shitshow

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare for Nick Foles - hammer meets nail
    He should be more worried about that Eagles Defense. They are going to get to Marcia, a lot, and he's going to be looking at the roof in Minnesota a lot.

The Eagles have what you need to beat Marcia and company. A running game that can eat clock. Multiple receivers that can get open. A great TE that can kill you on 3rd down in the middle. A defense that can get pressure with the front 4 alone (imagine if the Steelers could do that) and a secondary that can cover and make BIG plays (see the Eagles first TD last night).

I see the Eagles winning this going away late.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Perfect Super Bowl for this shitty season. You also got Quitter Blount vs Quitter "I forever tainted my legacy for a few snaps and $59,000" Harrison. Winner (probably the Cheaters) but who cares?
    You can blame the Pittsburgh Big Time Shit-talkers for all of this and their Cheerleader Mike Tomlin for failing to get it done. You can't beat Blake Bortles, well this is what you get.

All this Super Bowl reminds me is just how big choke artists the Steelers have become.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare for Nick Foles - hammer meets nail
    Not to mention 2 weeks to work out the subtleties of perfectly placed penalties with the officials to keep the Patriots offense on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's hope for some of that "Philly Love" comes raining down on the Patriots and their fanbase this time.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Let's hope for some of that "Philly Love" comes raining down on the Patriots and their fanbase this time.
    Its going to be WW3 in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    You can blame the Pittsburgh Big Time Shit-talkers for all of this and their Cheerleader Mike Tomlin for failing to get it done. You can't beat Blake Bortles, well this is what you get.

All this Super Bowl reminds me is just how big choke artists the Steelers have become.
    I already have, scroll down to my next comment

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Jags now have to decide if they want to roll with Bortles in 2018, which requires a determination as to whether they are guessing they will be getting Steelers playoff game and the first three quarters of the Pats game Bortles or the 4th quarter Pats game version

This stat regarding how the Jags closed out the end of the first half probably indicates he still is not trusted to win rather than just not lose big games

Bortles >> Alex Smith

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Bortles >> Alex Smith
    Bortles > Big Ben

Wait.. wut?

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Part of me does not even want to the SB this year because, we know how it is going to end the cheats/Brady getting number 6 title.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Having grown up around Raiders fans, that sounds like a pretty tame afternoon.
    I'm on the I-5... and two cars start honking and swerving at each other. The cars unload (5 guys per car) right in the middle of the freeway... and a brawl erupts. Yep, it was two carloads of Raidahs fans fighting each other.

I've seen Raidahs fans throw beer cans at toddlers (true story). I've seen them hold a Chargers fan down and urinate on him (again, true). And, that was at SeaWorld (the day before the game).

The best benefit of the Chargers leaving San Diego is that the I-5 south and/or the hotels in San Diego (on Raidahs-Chargers weekends) are not full of drunken, angry Raidahs fans coming into town for the game.

SUMMATION:
    You could not pay me to go to a Raidahs game. Some of those Los Angeles based fans are actual convicts released for the weekend (NO JOKE).

A big problem (at least in Northern CA but probably in LA too) is that Raiders jerseys are the de facto uniform for a lot of gangs. And that they actually show up at the games.

So you have a situation where you have hundreds of REAL gang members, mixed with several thousand white people who think they're hard because they're wearing Raiders jerseys (and are also drunk as hell), and as you can imagine, those two groups get along with each other splendidly. And then besides fighting with each other, just because they're assholes, both of them pick on the regular fans who are trying to mind their own business, to say nothing of the visiting fans.

About the only people who you can be sure WON'T give you trouble are the hardcore Black Hole type fans who paint their faces and dress up in costumes and shit. I mean, they might heckle you for wearing a Chiefs jersey, like any self-respecting fan of the home team - but they probably aren't going to randomly decide to punch you in the face for no reason.

Bottom line, I don't think I've ever been to a Raiders game without seeing several fights ... I haven't been to one in well over 10 years, but I have friends who still go, and every once in a while they'll still be IN fights. These are guys in their mid to late 30s, not the age at which you typically go around looking to start a fistfight.

Charles Woodson's jersey seemed to be really popular among the Mexican gangbangers. To this day, any time I see someone wearing a #24 jersey, I automatically think, "better watch out, this guy most likely has some kind of weapon and is probably a real motherfucker."

I think the Dodgers also have a similar problem with attracting certain, ah ... less desirable elements from the community (doesn't help that their color is blue, for obvious reasons), but in that case it's not like the gangs actually give a shit about the team or are a constant presence at the games or anything, just kind of hanging around the fringes.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Part of me does not even want to the SB this year because, we know how it is going to end the cheats/Brady getting number 6 title.
    Number 6, what are you talking about? Did Brady win a championship once? I completely missed that; it must not have been very important.
    See you Space Cowboy ...