View Poll Results: For Whom Are You Rooting???

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jaguars

19 70.37%
  • Taperiots

1 3.70%
  • Meteor shower... followed by a flood

7 25.93%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AFCCG: For Whom Are You Rooting???

Junior Member Array title="AZSTEELER is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: AFCCG: For Whom Are You Rooting???

I only cheer for the black and gold. I will watch every game, but my loyalty is to the Steelers.
    There is no such thing as a second favorite team.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Not just that, but in their first year of being relevant in a decade, they and what little fans they have at this point have already proven to be insufferable and sore winners. Burning the terrible towel, those cocky players and their fans talking crap for days after the wins, Jalen Ramsey who looks like he doesn't have an ounce of class whatsoever criticizing Pittsburgh for guaranteeing a win then shortly after guarantees a Super Bowl win, hypocrite. Then they bitch about demanding respect wanting to receive the respect like they are a super power when in reality over the past 10 years, all this garbage team has accomplished is winning the weakest division over the past few years by one game, BARELY beating the mediocre Bills in the playoffs at home and taking advantage of a cocky, unfocused Steeler team that habitually loses to inferior teams. Frankly, it will be better for the NFL if this team goes back to being irrelevant next year, these players and fans get shut the hell up, and this team returns to being a forgettable dumpster fire in the capitol of Trailer Park Florida that one gives a shit about (I don't care if anyone thinks I'm bitter)

Eloquently put. That's what I said. What he said.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

True class on display......

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

As much as I hate to say it, I can't bring myself to hate on this jags team, they remind me of the old blue collar Steelers teams. Taking it to the pats with their defense and ball control offense

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well the first half was fine until the Jags went full stupid and played prevent = TD for Pats

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I want the Jags over the Patriots and the Vikings over the Eagles. I then want the Vikings to win it all.

It would be really cool to see history being made by the Vikings winning the Super Bowl in their own stadium as the "away" team.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...um/1045928001/

Look at that, QB sneak for a first . . .

And JH with the strip sack, the guy with nothing left . . . I bet he could have set the edge last week better than Dupree . . .

He still played better than Dupree

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

That old dude that couldn't hang with the Steelers out produced all the Steelers OLB's except for Watt, in 4 games total.

Steelers coaches.....LOL

Bortles lit up that bottom ranked Patriots Defense.

Butler is King buffoon.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    And JH with the strip sack, the guy with nothing left . . . I bet he could have set the edge last week better than Dupree . . .
    Sure... but, James Harrison won’t play on the right side. And, I’m taking Watt over him every time. So...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You guys are hilarious. JH made one play all day. I mean I do realize that one is better than none but still. He didn't play on running downs all day despite his legendary edge setting skills.

Also, the Pats were one AMAZING play by Gilmore (which not a single DB on the Steelers roster can currently seem to make) from losing this game.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Sure... but, James Harrison won’t play on the right side. And, I’m taking Watt over him every time. So...

And he was playing limited snaps to say fresh against a rookie tackle that got hurt earlier in the game and was obviously limited with his movement. If that was Dupree, he would have been mocked for making two plays on an injured player, but because it's Harrison.....it's epic. We won't even mention the fact that Harrison isn't asked to run all over the field covering TE's or anything remotely as athletic as he is in this scheme.

And for the record, Harrison did exactly what we all envisioned here. He played limited snaps to stay fresh and just rushed the passer at the end of a playoff game. Imagine that...... He just made sure he didn't do it with the Steelers. Yeah....he's a real hero.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You guys are hilarious. JH made one play all day. I mean I do realize that one is better than none but still. He didn't play on running downs all day despite his legendary edge setting skills.

Also, the Pats were one AMAZING play by Gilmore (which not a single DB on the Steelers roster can currently seem to make) from losing this game.
    There were at least two running plays where Yeldon and Grant ran right past JH.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Jags 20
    Cheats 10
    Refs 14

Fucking disgusting

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    And he was playing limited snaps to say fresh against a rookie tackle that got hurt earlier in the game and was obviously limited with his movement. If that was Dupree, he would have been mocked for making two plays on an injured player, but because it's Harrison.....it's epic. We won't even mention the fact that Harrison isn't asked to run all over the field covering TE's or anything remotely as athletic as he is in this scheme.

And for the record, Harrison did exactly what we all envisioned here. He played limited snaps to stay fresh and just rushed the passer at the end of a playoff game. Imagine that...... He just made sure he didn't do it with the Steelers. Yeah....he's a real hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    There were at least two running plays where Yeldon and Grant ran right past JH.
    But....something....something...Butler....somethin g...loud noises....Haley.....more loud sounds....PATS ARE EVIL!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

But remember Dupree has done nothing in the league. The old man still plays better than Dupree. Shouldn't Dupree be lighting it up? You all said Dupree is the superior OLB. Maybe next season Dupree will make more than 5 to 6 plays every 600 snaps. Jarvis Jones 2.0
    Hater = Realist

Wow, just making my point, JH outplayed Dupree IN LIMITED SNAPS compared to full time snaps by Dupree. He literally made more plays in 1/100th the snaps that Dupree made. Make whatever excuses you want, the Coaches here are worse than terrible.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Ack!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

More and more as the weeks go by Mike Tomlin and the Steelers look more and more like stooges.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    More and more as the weeks go by Mike Tomlin and the Steelers look more and more like stooges.
    Pretty much, but they went 13-3 so it's no big deal. ; )
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    But remember Dupree has done nothing in the league. The old man still plays better than Dupree. Shouldn't Dupree be lighting it up? You all said Dupree is the superior OLB. Maybe next season Dupree will make more than 5 to 6 plays every 600 snaps. Jarvis Jones 2.0
    How would you know? By your own admission you don't watch non-Steelers games and haven't for somewhere between 2 and 3 decades.

Your posts make a pretty clear argument that you have arrived at your judgement of Dupree through detailed watching of each of his snaps, consideration of the result of those snaps, and an evaluation of his effort and demeanor. All of that has combined to create an evaluation that Dupree is not a quality NFL player and is not likely to ever develop into one. So without watching current 2017-18 James Harrison with the same amount of snap by snap critical analysis - how did you arrive at your judgement?

I mean if all we are doing is reading box scores...

Additionally the linking between Dupree and JH is not really what is being argued anyway. Neither the Patriots or the Steelers had any intention of playing Harrison starter's minutes. Pats have used JH exactly how Steelers claimed they were going to use him in the playoffs as well. That has very little to do with Bud Dupree and everything to do with the fact that no one, including the Pats, wants a 39 year old LB logging big minutes.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Pretty much, but they went 13-3 so it's no big deal. ; )
    That very arrogance is most likely why they won't win jack next year either.

Two Steelers (Blount, Harrison) jump ship to NE and are headed to Super Bowls. Just keep taking it up the ass, huh guys?

Here are James Harrison's career stats. http://www.nfl.com/player/jamesharri...44/careerstats

It wasn't until he was in his 6th year of professional football before he had more than 3 sacks in a year. He had 4 total sacks in 60 games played in his first 5 years. Funny, I don't remember you commenting how great he was back then or projecting what a great player he would become. I guess we all missed your great eye for talent. I guess he was Jarvis Jones before Jarvis Jones......even though you said you never called him Jarvis Jones in another discussion we had.

Here are Bud Dupree's career stats: http://www.nfl.com/player/buddupree/2552289/careerstats

Dupree has 14.5 sacks in 38 games played in his career. He's a different player than Harrison, with a different body type and different gifts. He has accomplished far more at this stage of his career than Harrison did.....and it's not close.

Why don't you explain to us how great James Harrison was over the first 5 years of his career, and your vision of what a great player he would become.

Here are James Harrison's career stats. http://www.nfl.com/player/jamesharri...44/careerstats

It wasn't until he was in his 6th year of professional football before he had more than 3 sacks in a year. He had 4 total sacks in 60 games played in his first 5 years. Funny, I don't remember you commenting how great he was back then or projecting what a great player he would become. I guess we all missed your great eye for talent. I guess he was Jarvis Jones before Jarvis Jones......even though you said you never called him Jarvis Jones in another discussion we had.

Here are Bud Dupree's career stats: http://www.nfl.com/player/buddupree/2552289/careerstats

Dupree has 14.5 sacks in 38 games played in his career. He's a different player than Harrison, with a different body type and different gifts. He has accomplished far more at this stage of his career than Harrison did.....and it's not close.

Why don't you explain to us how great James Harrison was over the first 5 years of his career, and your vision of what a great player he would become.
    Or he could compare him with other edge rushers drafted in the past 3 years to see if his development is on, ahead, or behind the curve of expectations based on similar players who have entered the NFL raw and undeveloped.

But wait...that would require watching and knowing about other teams/games...

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Wow, just making my point, JH outplayed Dupree IN LIMITED SNAPS compared to full time snaps by Dupree. He literally made more plays in 1/100th the snaps that Dupree made. Make whatever excuses you want, the Coaches here are worse than terrible.
    Get out of here with reality.

Apparently wanting Harrison to play limited snaps instead of zero, means that you wanted Harrison to start full time.

Comprehension matters.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Or he could compare him with other edge rushers drafted in the past 3 years to see if his development is on, ahead, or behind the curve of expectations based on similar players who have entered the NFL raw and undeveloped.

But wait...that would require watching and knowing about other teams/games...

He just wants to continue to make smart ass remarks when he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about in many instances. He generally just avoids answering anything directly, and makes comments about the poster getting upset with him and just not able to handle him. Or that whoever disagrees with him is obsessed with him. Oh yeah......he's a real master of his craft.