Thread: Darryl Drake Has History Of Instilling Physicality In Receivers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Darryl Drake Has History Of Instilling Physicality In Receivers

One of the main reasons, I would gather, that Pittsburgh Steelers fans were excited about the possibility of one of their former wide receivers—arguably their most beloved—in Hines Ward taking over as wide receivers coach for the retired Richard Mann was due to the belief that the former Super Bowl MVP would do well in instilling a physical mentality into his players.

The team at this time elected not to go with Ward, who does not have any formal coaching experience in his history, though he served as a coaching intern with the Steelers a year ago and it is something that he wants to do.

No, instead, they hired the man who helped to instill that physical mentality into him. And that man has been instilling a physical mentality in his wide receivers in the NFL for over a decade, first with the Chicago Bears, where he coached Brandon Marshall, and then with the Arizona Cardinals, heading out the twilight of Larry Fitzgerald’s career..........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...elers+Depot%29

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Darryl Drake Has History Of Instilling Physicality In Receivers

Yeah, he was Hines' coach at Georgia.

Juju should be his prized pupil coming in.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Yeah, he was Hines' coach at Georgia.

Juju should be his prized pupil coming in.
    Yeah. JuJu needs some work on that whole physicality concept.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

I like this one. Better than JuJu, I would like to see what he can get out of Bryant. If he can really teach Bryant to use his physicality as an advantage, he could very well be almost unstoppable. Bryant is talented as hell, but some of his movement seems awkward at times. Very lanky, and loose.

Plus, Hines can learn how to really coach under this guy.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bryant is the least physical person on the team. He barely blocks and when he has the ball, he turtles like a 6-year old being chased down by 4 bullies on the playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

What the Steelers are getting with Drake is a very similar style – and experience – as they had with Mann. That father figure to lead a still young group. Guys like Martavis Bryant and JuJu Smith-Schuster, still growing and maturing.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...dog-in-league/

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Calling AB the best WR in the game.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bryant is the least physical person on the team. He barely blocks and when he has the ball, he turtles like a 6-year old being chased down by 4 bullies on the playground.
    I can think of a few defensive players that fit that bill. I still have a lot of hope for Bryant, even as we go into off season.