Thread: Daniel Jeremiah 2018 Mock Draft 1.0: Steelers Select LSU CB Donte Jackson

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Daniel Jeremiah 2018 Mock Draft 1.0: Steelers Select LSU CB Donte Jackson

It’s officially mock draft season for fans of 28 NFL teams and on Friday, Daniel Jeremiah of the NFL Network released his first prediction of 2018.
    In his mock of the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft, Jeremiah has the Pittsburgh Steelers selecting LSU cornerback Donte Jackson with the 28th overall selection.
    Jeremiah writes:

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Steelers took a running back like Derrius Guice or Ronald Jones here, but I have them landing a very talented cornerback instead. Jackson has inside/outside flexibility and he might be the fastest player in the entire draft.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...donte-jackson/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Daniel Jeremiah 2018 Mock Draft 1.0: Steelers Select LSU CB Donte Jackson

I don’t see the Steelers drafting a CB.

Haden, Burns, Sutton, Hilton... I’m confident in those four.

I know, I know: “Burns sucks!!!” ...well, even if true, ILB, FS, and even OLB are far bigger needs.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Even with Burns regressing, they still have Haden, they still have a heck of a find in Hilton, and Sutton even showed promise in limited action. If Burns takes a step forward, they will be even better at the position

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I don’t see the Steelers drafting a CB.

Haden, Burns, Sutton, Hilton... I’m confident in those four.

I know, I know: “Burns sucks!!!” ...well, even if true, ILB, FS, and even OLB are far bigger needs.
    I could be wrong but Jeremiah's first steeler pick is normally off. He had us picking OJ Howard last year and Mackensie Alexander in 2016. I think we are safe.

Anyone know who has had the most accurate mocks over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I could be wrong but Jeremiah's first steeler pick is normally off. He had us picking OJ Howard last year and Mackensie Alexander in 2016. I think we are safe.
    Well, better than OJ Simpson. But hey, it's a mock draft, anyone can take a stab at it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Anyone know who has had the most accurate mocks over the years?
    http://www.thehuddlereport.com/mock.scores.shtml

Best collection I know of that rates how the mocks match to the actual picks.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Well, better than OJ Simpson. But hey, it's a mock draft, anyone can take a stab at it.
    Pun intended? Lol

Bell needs to go! ILB in 1st and RB in 2nd.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

IF...the Steelers went CB in the 1st, could that mean a move to safety for Haden? Sutton? I don't get the pick.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

That's an idiotic prediction. It's more likely they trade up to draft a center, or something stupid like that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    http://www.thehuddlereport.com/mock.scores.shtml

Best collection I know of that rates how the mocks match to the actual picks.

Thanks Mojo!