Thread: Eli Rogers suffers ACL tear late in playoff loss

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Eli Rogers suffers ACL tear late in playoff loss

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Eli Rogers suffers ACL tear late in playoff loss

That sucks. I wasn't the biggest rogers fan, but I hope he can make a full recovery. He's been reliable later in the season

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Rogers didn't do much this year, I don't think we're in bad shape at all. Wouldn't kill us to bring in someone with a mid to late draft pick like always, or another cheap veteran to replace DHB who was basically useless - but this is far from the end of the world.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Would be nice to upgrade over Eli and DHB. I thought Eli would have more of an impact this year.... but, too up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Rogers didn't do much this year, I don't think we're in bad shape at all. Wouldn't kill us to bring in someone with a mid to late draft pick like always, or another cheap veteran to replace DHB who was basically useless - but this is far from the end of the world.
    He didn't, but I think part of that was simply opportunity. He had three WRs in front of him fighting to get the ball, four if you count Bell. Then, throw in the two TEs and I think it starts making sense. I like the kid and definitely want to see him back next year. He always seems to play tough over the middle.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    He didn't, but I think part of that was simply opportunity. He had three WRs in front of him fighting to get the ball, four if you count Bell. Then, throw in the two TEs and I think it starts making sense. I like the kid and definitely want to see him back next year. He always seems to play tough over the middle.

Agreed, he made some tough catches over the middle the last few years and kept many a drives alive.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

You guys are talking about upgrading a number 4 Receiver...lol. The team will be just fine if they go into the season with what they have at this exact moment...l

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    You guys are talking about upgrading a number 4 Receiver...lol. The team will be just fine if they go into the season with what they have at this exact moment...l
    18 receptions for 149 yards and 1 TD is the production they will have to be replacing. I feel bad for him personally that he got injured, but it won't take much to replace his production from last year

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Exactly. I like Rogers a lot. I think with more opportunity, he could have an Emmanuel Sanders type impact on this team. He’s got great moves once he gets a hold of the ball. But at this stage, it’s not like they are replacing Brown, Bryant or JuJu...you’re talking about replacing Number 4...it’s not a priority. Hunter and DHB could make up,that production...easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

At this level, the talk is always about improving. If that means upgrading a 4th receiver, then that's what it is. With ALL the threads on here about other things, negative things, and just plain BS, why poke at an actual football related conversation?