Thread: Cam Heyward Blames Players

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Cam Heyward Blames Players

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...ches-can-much/

What a shock. When someone talks to a player and they have time to think about the game, they provide answers that go far beyond psycho-babble cliches about focus and being prepared:

"Instead of being in your gap you think you can go make a play. And sometimes guys try to make too many plays. It sucks sometimes because I know these guys can make the plays. We have to execute as a defense. That happens in this game. It comes with younger guys. We have to learn from that. We have to be a complete unit that understands it’s one agenda. Everyone has to be accountable for their gaps. Everyone has to be accountable for run and pass. I look forward to righting that wrong. I know we can’t do it this instant. But we have a whole offseason to think about it."

Weird it is almost like the guys who were on the field bear the brunt of the blame and reason for the loss not the old guys standing on the sidelines. Nah. That couldn't be it.

Everyone knows that if the coaches just didn't rob the players of their focus and determination the Steelers would dominate every game!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Cam Heyward Blames Players

I have to say I was disappointed with the play of our D-line, they were getting pushed around all game. You can't win on defense if the D-line is on roller skates every play

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Cam Heyward Blames Players

Staying in gaps has nothing to do with defenses that have Jags standing wide open with no defender within 5-7 yards.