Thread: Stealth Story of the Offseason - A New WR Coach

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Stealth Story of the Offseason - A New WR Coach

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...cially-retire/

I honestly think this could have a major impact on the team. I do not think guys currently on the roster will regress, but perhaps the almost automatic assembly line production of mid round draft pick in Pro Bowl WR out goes away.

This dude made Cobi Hamilton and Demarcus Ayers viable NFL options for crying out loud!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Stealth Story of the Offseason - A New WR Coach

Hines Ward.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Everyone knew that this was coming. I'm sorry to see him go. He was a great WR coach.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Hines Ward ... bring back some toughness to our offense.

I miss our smash mouth football identity

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

I'd rather have the Steel Curtain back and keep the 40 points.

Dissolv

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Hines Ward.
    While Hines Ward looks like a logical candidate to replace Mann, thanks to his presence on the Steelers sidelines at times this season, don't be surprised if another legendary name associated with the Steelers pops up.

Danny Rooney, a former quarterback at Shady Side Academy and Dartmouth, is the son of Steelers president Art Rooney II, grandson of late chairman Daniel Milton Rooney and great-grandson of founder Art Rooney.

This DMR (his middle name is Martin) might be their heir apparent someday, but he spent this season as assistant receivers coach and is renowned for his work ethic and passion for coaching.

http://triblive.com/sports/columnist...-staff-changes

It's the Art of the Deal - Tomlin gets to keep his defensive coaches, Ben gets to hire the OC, and the owner gets to select his son as the receivers coach

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    While Hines Ward looks like a logical candidate to replace Mann, thanks to his presence on the Steelers sidelines at times this season, don't be surprised if another legendary name associated with the Steelers pops up.

Danny Rooney, a former quarterback at Shady Side Academy and Dartmouth, is the son of Steelers president Art Rooney II, grandson of late chairman Daniel Milton Rooney and great-grandson of founder Art Rooney.

This DMR (his middle name is Martin) might be their heir apparent someday, but he spent this season as assistant receivers coach and is renowned for his work ethic and passion for coaching.

It's the Art of the Deal - Tomlin gets to keep his defensive coaches, Ben gets to hire the OC, and the owner gets to select his son as the receivers coach

Maybe he would be good, it would be tuff to fire him if he wasn't

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I heard he was a dick mann

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

After reading some stuff from social media. Tomlin is keeping the defensive staff because this is his defense. Firing Butler basically is firing Tomlin, and he's not firing himself lol.

Not a fan of DMR, I have no idea how he'll be. Ward was around camp this year helping Coach Mann, and he and JuJu seemed like they connected. I want Ward.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    After reading some stuff from social media. Tomlin is keeping the defensive staff because this is his defense. Firing Butler basically is firing Tomlin, and he's not firing himself lol.

Not a fan of DMR, I have no idea how he'll be. Ward was around camp this year helping Coach Mann, and he and JuJu seemed like they connected. I want Ward.
    The article said DMR was the assistant WR coach this season, so he may have some insight who knows. I'm not a big fan Nepotism, mostly because it rarely works out. I also consider default hiring of X Steelers as Nepotism.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

With this being a WR/offseason thread, I'll post this question in here rather than start a new thread.

After listening to the Daves, I started to wonder. IF...we could get a 3rd or 4th round draft pick in trade, would you trade Bryant? MB would go to another team, and the Steelers get a 3rd or 4th round pick in this year's draft. Would you make that trade?

Sitting here today, with AB, JuJu, and Bell all healthy and not suspended, I think I would take the draft pick and trade MB. I'm thinking we need that much help on the defensive side, that only more draft picks could fix. Today, I would take that potential over MB's potential.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    The article said DMR was the assistant WR coach this season, so he may have some insight who knows. I'm not a big fan Nepotism, mostly because it rarely works out. I also consider default hiring of X Steelers as Nepotism.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Agreed, along with hiring someone because they have a connection to the area/team.

I honestly don't feel that Lake or Porter have done a good job as a coach.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Moj is spot on here.

Bryant is a pothead and was a sulking depressed player about to retire but he did contact Richard Mann (during his suspension) and begged him to stay on for another year.

I hope the new WR coach can have an impact.

AB isn't Tony Toe-Tap without Richard Mann.

Juju isn't Jujubee the Bike King without Richard Mann.