Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy Fichtner expected to be promoted to OC

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Randy Fichtner expected to be promoted to OC

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Randy Fichtner promoted to OC

Didn't take long, did it

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

That's what I expected to happen. I think that Ben will be happy with that. I just hope that it wasn't a position that Munchak wanted.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Grandma Fitch, he's probably knitting Ben a pair of mittens at this moment. All kidding aside hope it works out great!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Now get Bryon Leftwich as the QB coach.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Butler, Lake and Porter next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Can he even coach?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I dont think its been announced ...just speculation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is Fichtner going to be the same as Arians? 3 plays to choose from?

- - - Updated - - -

I would rather have someone from the outside.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

^^^ This!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

they would still have to put him on IR after he hurts himself coaching in practice...

Re: Randy Fichtner expected to be promoted to OC

That was my one caveat to stating I hoped we didn't drop Haley so we could focus on getting a better DC. Since this search looks like it took all of six hours or so, I'm good with it. Still think Haley was scapegoated a little, but I'm interested to see what this offense can do now.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    That was my one caveat to stating I hoped we didn't drop Haley so we could focus on getting a better DC. Since this search looks like it took all of six hours or so, I'm good with it. Still think Haley was scapegoated a little, but I'm interested to see what this offense can do now.
    Can you imagine the hew and cry if it is either same or (gasp!) worse? I suspect it won't be...but no one will know until the real games start next September!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post

- - - Updated - - -

at the very least we should interview a few candidates from the outside and give the position to the best man
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Can he even coach?
    Only one year with Pittsburgh West.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be the worst of all possible situations. New scheme. New language to learn. New coach to learn. Time wasted looking for an OC when the offense was lighting up the score board with 30 plus points in over half the games in the second half of the season while the time should have been spent on finding a defensive coordinator. And, finally, the last thing you want right now is to give Ben a reason to retire and Munch a reason to leave. No, I don't recall anyone having a problem with Haley's system. What they had a problem with was his situational playcalling.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Should I start the Fire Fichtner thread?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

That'd be the worst of all possible situations. New scheme. New language to learn. New coach to learn. Time wasted looking for an OC when the offense was lighting up the score board with 30 plus points in over half the games in the second half of the season while the time should have been spent on finding a defensive coordinator. And, finally, the last thing you want right now is to give Ben a reason to retire and Munch a reason to leave. No, I don't recall anyone having a problem with Haley's system. What they had a problem with was his situational playcalling.
    Agreed. Bringing in an outside person would not be a good thing right now.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I would have also, but under the conditions I think its the best choice. Ben has two or three years left if he stays healthy and a lot of the pieces are in place so changing the system would throw a wrench in the works imo. I think Ben will have a good bit of freedom in the play calling which I'm ok with.

So limiting your choices is best?
    Hater = Realist

I think Haley earned the boot but I also agree about him being tag as a scapegoat. Tomlin and Butler know that....and so does everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, he'll teach them the fundamentals of a quick release.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    [/B]
    I would have also, but under the conditions I think its the best choice. Ben has two or three years left if he stays healthy and a lot of the pieces are in place so changing the system would throw a wrench in the works imo. I think Ben will have a good bit of freedom in the play calling which I'm ok with.
    We're wondering about Fichtner's system......right.

It's going to be Ben's system with some input from the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    We're wondering about Fichtner's system......right.

It's going to be Ben's system with some input from the OC.
    That's about it.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

next season, Randy Fichtner will be the most popular guy in Pittsburgh for ___ games:

A) 4
    B) 8
    C) 12
    D) 19

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    next season, Randy Fichtner will be the most popular guy in Pittsburgh for ___ games:

A) 4
    B) 8
    C) 12
    D) 19
    0. The Fire Fichtner thread should start round about the 2nd quarter of the preseason.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

A) 4
    B) 8
    C) 12
    D) 19

........until the first bad offensive game. After that, all credibility will be questioned. His knowledge of the game will be questioned. His play calling will be criticized. His 100 yard Grandma-stare will be mocked....

Bank it!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Butler, Lake and Porter next
    45 points at home to Blake Bortles should be grounds for instant firing. I'm surprised they're still employed.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    ........until the first bad offensive game. After that, all credibility will be questioned. His knowledge of the game will be questioned. His play calling will be criticized. His 100 yard Grandma-stare will be mocked....

Bank it!
    And Ben will go on his Tuesday morning radio appearance to say he has a good relationship with Randy, even though they argue like any QB and OC do, but that Ben just runs the plays that are called

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I HOPE ! I think Haley was the scapegoat here, for right now. Butler, Lake and Porter should've been the FIRST TO GO !!! The problem with this team IS the DEFENSE ! I do agree Haley's time maybe has reached the end, but I think he did help Ben be a better QB, but some of the offense play calling left alot to be desired. But in the Jags game our offense scored 42 points, which we should have won, but lost. I do agree that there were many games where our team came out and seemed UNPREPARED and UNMOTIVATED on offense which I blame the coaches.....Tomlin included, but the tackling, pass rushing, and secondary was pathetic and that's defensive problems. There still better be more heads rolling on defense or this team will have the defense problems next year......in my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    0. The Fire Fichtner thread should start round about the 2nd quarter of the preseason.

I was going to say until the 2nd preseason game. He is gonna get the "underdog love" from Steeler fans, just like Shamarko Thomas, Josh Dobbs, Demarcus Ayers got, so the majority will be giving him some slack. But, you may be right.....first time the Steelers don't put up 30 points in a preseason, or they lose to Carolina in a preseason game the thread should start.