Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goats (no game balls today)

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Goats (no game balls today)

Canada, MT, OL as usual, but today I'm adding the defensive line. NO PUSH, NO PRESSURE, nothing. Highsmith looked like a high school player just getting pushed up the field just like he did last year.

Sad performance all around. I'll be shocked if this team finishes above .500 let alone near it.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Goats (no game balls today)

Mitch Trubisky adds nothing competitively to this team. You have to limit where he throws, you have to give him the answers beforehand, and even then his shit mechanics won't guarantee anything.

We saw why they just keep throwing outside. As soon as they turned him loose over the middle, he threw a horrible pick. He's fucking trash.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Simmer down.

The defense didn’t dominate and it could’ve been better but they did enough to win.

They held a professional football team under 21 points. That’s more often and not enough to win.

The Defense without its MVP held a team to 17 points today and 7 on a very short field.

Take a good look over that "bridge" Quarterback.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Simmer down.

The defense didn’t dominate and it could’ve been better but they did enough to win.

They held a professional football team under 21 points. That’s more often and not enough to win.
    I disagree. Mac Jones is a very average QB. A good QB with all that time today wins going away against this team. They got ZERO pressure. But you are right it really wouldn't have matter if they gave this offense another 5 turnovers, we still would have lost. Outside of the one drive which was no huddle they were just abysmal again.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I’m giving DJ a damn gameball

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I’m giving DJ a damn gameball
    Okay, I'll concede that, he did make some plays. Running wide open all day has to be tiring.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The defense held a team to 17 points with the NFL Defesive Player of the year out due to injury. I'll give them a pass. The defense held the Pats to zero points on two key drives in the fourth quarter, when the Pats had great field position. Those stops gave the offense the opportunity to drive down the field to tie or win the game with multiple possessions. The offense didn't get it done.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I’m giving the OL a damn gameball

Remember this is "our" guy:

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

The OL looked better this week but as long as Tomlin allows Trubisky to be under center opposing defenses know they don't have to worry about the pass game.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

NFL calibur QBs are amazing things to watch

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

you want Goats look no Further than that pos OC Canada and if you need another why not Gunner who all by himself handed the Pats 7 points ..... Suttons dropped INT that wound up being a TD a few plays later because Gunner muffed the punt ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    The OL looked better this week but as long as Tomlin allows Trubisky to be under center opposing defenses know they don't have to worry about the pass game.
    As long as Trubisky is under center expect what happened today to play itself all season. Like I said, Tomlin was saved from himself last week, and now its cost him a game. Losses need to stack before changes are made.

LOL, Browns lost to Jets, Ravens also about to lose after blowing HUGE lead at home.

Our division stinks.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I disagree. Mac Jones is a very average QB. A good QB with all that time today wins going away against this team. They got ZERO pressure. But you are right it really wouldn't have matter if they gave this offense another 5 turnovers, we still would have lost. Outside of the one drive which was no huddle they were just abysmal again.
    I’ll agree with that.

But it was enough to win. But the offense gained what likely happens under 250 yards of total offense in how many possessions?

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Trubisky and Canada. Defense played as well as they could without the defensive MVP. The team should know that the offense needs to step up with Watt out and failed to deliver.

Mitch is still the same bears QB, after 5 years in the league he still doesn’t know how to step into a throw

Also Gunner for giving them the ball on the 10 yard line, way to make your old team miss you
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Game ball : Defense played thier asses off for what another 100 snaps
    Dolphins and Tua for paying actual offense down the stretch

Goat: Canada and Mitch period.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHodges View Post
    Trubisky and Canada. Defense played as well as they could without the defensive MVP. The team should know that the offense needs to step up with Watt out and failed to deliver.

Mitch is still the same bears QB, after 5 years in the league he still doesn’t know how to step into a throw
    check the last throw of the game Ravens /Dolphins ... Lamar steps into the throw from mid field and it bounces at the 2 yard line to end the game on a hail mary .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Ravens blew a 35-14 lead in the 4th quarter! Wow.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

That's not even his biggest concern. Throwing off the back foot is never good, but the times he did were actually pretty accurate throws. Mitch doesn't see the field. He's 1 read and checkdown. There were multiple times I saw DJ breaking open down field and Mitch already dumped it off while standing in a clean pocket. I'm convinced a lot of it is Canada's offense. Every QB I've watched play in his offense looks like a deer in the headlights. From Ben to MR, to Trubisky. They don't progress through their reads because they're sensing pressure that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    check the last throw of the game Ravens /Dolphins ... Lamar steps into the throw from mid field and it bounces at the 2 yard line to end the game on a hail mary .....
    Did you just try and use a failed Hail Mary as time expired to try and bolster Trubisky? WTF is even going on? Is your position now that stepping into throws doesn’t matter? That missing routine passes is okay because Jackson didn’t hit a miracle?

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    That's not even his biggest concern. Throwing off the back foot is never good, but the times he did were actually pretty accurate throws. Mitch doesn't see the field. He's 1 read and checkdown. There were multiple times I saw DJ breaking open down field and Mitch already dumped it off while standing in a clean pocket. I'm convinced a lot of it is Canada's offense. Every QB I've watched play in his offense looks like a deer in the headlights. From Ben to MR, to Trubisky. They don't progress through their reads because they're sensing pressure that isn't there.
    Nathan Peterman looked excellent! Clearly the Steelers just need to transfer to the ACC.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Ball - Leal and Minkah.

Goats - Trubisky/Canada/Gunner

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Whataboutism, and last I checked Lamar didn’t play for the Steelers so why that’s relevant is beyond me. By the way we all know Lamar sucks when he has​ to throw. I said years ago he’s Kordell Stewart 2.0 and I’m sticking with it.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Did you just try and use a failed Hail Mary as time expired to try and bolster Trubisky? WTF is even going on? Is your position now that stepping into throws doesn’t matter? That missing routine passes is okay because Jackson didn’t hit a miracle?
    I think that's what he did there. But he watches film tho so...he knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Nathan Peterman looked excellent! Clearly the Steelers just need to transfer to the ACC.
    Not gonna lie...I don't get it. Lol.

Game ball = the browns for being the browns and the ravens for shitting the bed

Game ball = the browns for being the browns and the ravens for shitting the bed
    That makes this Sunday a little better

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I think that's what he did there. But he watches film tho so...he knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie...I don't get it. Lol.
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ls...ught-best/amp/

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Game ball to the football gods .....no injuries today.

Game balls to Dionte and Minkah and Boz for showing up.

That's all I got.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk