Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Draft!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: The Draft!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Three of the last 1st round picks have gone out to dinner with Tomlin.
    Meetings and dinners are how I construct my mock draft every year...

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/...015-nfl-draft/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    My gut keeps telling me that Mason Rudolph ends up with the Steelers.
    Yep

(12-30-2017)

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Yep

(12-30-2017)
    I really feel this is the year they go after their QB. Thing is, bet Rudolph gets picked in the early twenties

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yep

(12-30-2017)
    The ONLY thing that worries me about picking Rudolph is that I have read a few reports that talk extensively about how he doesn't play well from a muddled pocket and doesn't do much when the play breaks down.

One even makes comparisons to Palmer and Flacco.

That paints a picture of year in and year out debates about "elite" and going 10-6...I mean it isn't terrible but it isn't great either.

Colbert and Tomlin go Rudolph in the first this year and get it wrong, it is all of their jobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The ONLY thing that worries me about picking Rudolph is that I have read a few reports that talk extensively about how he doesn't play well from a muddled pocket and doesn't do much when the play breaks down.

One even makes comparisons to Palmer and Flacco.

That paints a picture of year in and year out debates about "elite" and going 10-6...I mean it isn't terrible but it isn't great either.

Colbert and Tomlin go Rudolph in the first this year and get it wrong, it is all of their jobs...
    It’s not even that I like/dislike want/don’t want Rudolph.

My gut just keeps telling me that he’s the pick...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can see that. I really have no feelings one way or the other on the matter at this point. I may decide to develop one at some point...

I do think that Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph are the 2 most variable of the big name prospects this year. High ceilings but franchise humbling floors.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I feel he is the pick but again he goes early twenties. Will be a qb run in the first 10 picks. Later another team will realize he is still around and take him.

Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina St. already has TWELVE meetings set up between now and the draft.

Subtext:
    If anyone thinks he’ll slip to our R3 pick, I’ll give you twelve reasons why he won’t be there.

Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina St. already has TWELVE meetings set up between now and the draft.

Subtext:
    If anyone thinks he’ll slip to our R3 pick, I’ll give you twelve reasons why he won’t be there.
    He certainly won't go in the first round. I could see needing to take him in the second round.

I suspect that the internet will be awash with folks screaming "REACH" after every Steelers pick in the first 3 rounds. These folks will ignore all arguments of fit versus need. Some will also even ignore the actual evaluation of the player and just sputter on and on about how so and so was only ranked such and such on their big board.

Ahhhhh...it is going to be so much fun.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

He certainly won't go in the first round. I could see needing to take him in the second round.

I suspect that the internet will be awash with folks screaming "REACH" after every Steelers pick in the first 3 rounds. These folks will ignore all arguments of fit versus need. Some will also even ignore the actual evaluation of the player and just sputter on and on about how so and so was only ranked such and such on their big board.

Its like that every year.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Its like that every year.
    So far I haven't heard anyone saying "Deep draft! Deep draft! This is the deepest draft in years!" like they do literally every offseason.

Is this really a regular year, or are those people just asleep at the switch with their yelling?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The best was when the Steelers drafted Le’Veon Bell (instead of Eddie Lacy).

I remember Hodge didn't like the pick. Think he wanted Lacy!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

do you remember all the board "experts" either saying we should have taken Lacy and the others saying we reached and should have taken Bell in Round 3 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    do you remember all the board "experts" either saying we should have taken Lacy and the others saying we reached and should have taken Bell in Round 3 instead?
    The preseason was a nightmare, because Bell was hurt/didn’t play well... and Lacy was looking good.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Some of the garbage people were saying about the organization and Bell is burned into my memory. Some of those Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer are as good or better than Bell discussions were the stuff of legend.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Some of the garbage people were saying about the organization and Bell is burned into my memory. Some of those Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer are as good or better than Bell discussions were the stuff of legend.

I will always remember two quotes:

Suddeness and glide

I’m a professional model, fam.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Suddeness and glide

You better be careful the way you're running your mouth. You keep that up and someone will give you a vacation from walking.....

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

You better be careful the way you're running your mouth. You keep that up and someone will give you a vacation from walking.....

All of these years later, and Scrotis still hasn’t fulfilled that promise to me.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Suddeness and glide

jokes aside, I think the suddeness and glide thing becoming a meme has really left Redman forgotten in Pittsburgh. He was one of the best short yardage AND pass blocking backs in the entire NFL for a couple years until his stinger his final season made him suck and retire. And that was back when the Oline sucked. He'd be more automatic than an extra point behind our current Oline on 3rd and 1
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.