Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Draft!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

The Draft!

1. QB
    2. Defense
    3. Defense
    4. Defense
    5. Defense
    6. Defense
    7. Defense
    Comp Pick
    Long Snapper lol

Ps. please fire Butler before the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

Re: The Draft!

Depends on what Ben decides. He needs to come out sooner then later with what he is doing. Don’t hold the team hostage, you’re either here or you’re retiring. Plans need to be made.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    Depends on what Ben decides. He needs to come out sooner then later with what he is doing. Don’t hold the team hostage, you’re either here or you’re retiring. Plans need to be made.
    Ben's talk after the game today says that he's coming back.

For the draft, we need ILB and FS.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Ben's talk after the game today says that he's coming back.

Good to hear that. Stability is a must this off-season. Hopefully Colbert does his homework.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I'd still take a QB in the first!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Really unbelievable that they still need to focus a lot on defense in the draft (though it won't matter who they draft if Butler isn't fired). On offense they should draft a QB if the right one falls to them and they still need a starter caliber TE (what they have now at the position isn't cutting it)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The 1st round will be BPA on the board. Always the play for the 1st round of the draft. If you gamble on a position, and miss, you gain absolutely nothing.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

The way the defense played you could argue any position in the draft. The front 3 were awful today( 5 combined tackles) and the linebackers weren't much better. Safety is a major concern as well but look past that to the QB position, Ben wants to come back and he should but this years crop of QB talent is reason enough to make a move and get Ben's replacement. 2 4th and a foot situations and if Ben isn't physically capable of gaining that then it's time to look ahead

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    The way the defense played you could argue any position in the draft. The front 3 were awful today( 5 combined tackles) and the linebackers weren't much better. Safety is a major concern as well but look past that to the QB position, Ben wants to come back and he should but this years crop of QB talent is reason enough to make a move and get Ben's replacement. 2 4th and a foot situations and if Ben isn't physically capable of gaining that then it's time to look ahead
    Ben said that he's willing to run the QB sneak. Haley just doesn't call it.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Yeah... but, some people are Neversatisfied.

Great post Never! I agree on all points and this draft is the one to get Ben's replacement.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Unfortunately they've spent 6 #1's on D in the last 7 years and have little to show for it.

- - - Updated - - -

then he should have audibled to it. A tap on Pouncey and hit the gap between your pro bowl center and guard.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Bens got to call it himself.

Theres alot of looking around at eachother with these 4th down scenarios. Like who wants to be responsible for this decision?

We should have 4th and inches plays dialed up, practiced, and ready to go so our QB can make the call right there in the moment.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I don't think Shazier is going to be ready next year...if ever. We need to address the glaring hole left by him.

and of course, what is a Steelers draft without praying for ....Troy V2.0!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

BPA - TE, OLB, ILB, S, CB
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    So we are all set on the defensive line?
    ILB and FS are more of a priority. Cam is an All Pro and Tuitt can also be great. We also have depth with Alualu and Walton both playing well. Hargrave played very well early this season but I'm not really sold on him as a NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    BPA - TE, OLB, ILB, S, CB
    TE isn't near the top for me. McDonald and Outlaw are good enough. Our offense has a ton of weapons already. Defense is a priority and I put ILB first with FS second.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

With BB coming back, unless one of the top-tier QBs drops to 30, I could see them waiting until a later round to draft a QB. I was on the TE train until today (sorry, Shoes); the middle of the defense HAS to be the priority. Plus, BB seems to like McDonald.

As of 1/14/18...

R1: Justin Reid, FS, Stanford
    R2: Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise St.
    R3: Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

or

R1: Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas
    R2: Jordan Whitehead, S, Pitt
    R3: Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

TE isn't near the top for me. McDonald and Outlaw are good enough. Our offense has a ton of weapons already. Defense is a priority and I put ILB first with FS second.
    I agree. McDonald and his drop issues seemed to not be a problem as he got more comfortable in the offense. A full off-season with Big Ben and company certainly will help as well.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yeah... but, some people are Neversatisfied.
    Lol, classic!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Normally there are 3 positions that I would target in round 1 but this year, there are 5.

S: The steelers need a safety capable of covering receivers, which they don't have right now (I don't want a safety with stated cover issues)

ILB: Taking into account that Shazier may never play again the only ILB worth anything on this team is Vince Williams and he struggles in coverage. Need an ILB who can cover

OLB: TJ Watt is currently the only OLB worth anything on this team. Keion Adams was supposedly good in camp, but I need to see him in games

TE: Since Heath Miller retired, all the TEs have either been trash, can't stay on the field, or both. Giving up a 4th for Vance McDonald was a mistake

QB: This is less urgent with Ben coming back but if the right QB is there at pick 28, they should nab him

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I'd still take a QB in the first!
    I don't if Ben is coming back unless there is a talent there you can't pass on. Shazier is most likely done, you take ILB first and foremost.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Agreed. Having to bring Spence back from being out of football to start shows poor depth there. Mitchell is all talk and no results.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

It doesn't matter what we draft on defensive players if we still have all the buffoon defensive coaches we have now ! They'll end up ruining the poor kids or not teaching them the correct way to do things and get them injured.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Saw that on NFLN and LT and Sanders were just blown away that Ben said that. Tomlinson said "you cant say that, but Ben's done stuff like that before". Personally, I don't think Ben is athletic as when younger and the QB sneak wasn't the right call either, but a toss outside isn't. IMO, its a straight ahead give and let Bell follow the block or hit the seam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    It doesn't matter what we draft on defensive players if we still have all the buffoon defensive coaches we have now ! They'll end up ruining the poor kids or not teaching them the correct way to do things and get them injured.
    Do you think that if the Steelers drafted a great prospect at the ILB position, that he would suddenly forget things he learned playing 8+ years of football, like how to tackle, because of the defensive coaches?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Agreed. Having to bring Spence back from being out of football to start shows poor depth there. Mitchell is all talk and no results.
    I think the Steelers also need to finally commit to getting a legitimate "cover first" FS. For years they have really blurred the lines between their SS and FS with the result being they usually field a safety group that is heavily slanted towards players that are far more comfortable playing downhill towards the line of scrimmage than they are patrolling deep centerfield. I realize part of that is player acquisition/availability issues - there are far more SS style players out there each off-season cycle than true FS candidates. But I honestly believe the addition of that type of player would have an immediate and cascading affect on the defense.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I'd agree for the most part, but flip OLB and ILB. I believe Shazier's replacement needs to be found before we worry about replacing one of our OLBs.
    Mine wasn't in any order. TE is the least on my priory list out of the positions I mentioned.

I would place ILB before OLB also. But it all comes down to BPA. If there aren't any top ILBs available in the first round I would choose whoever is the best out of CB, S or OLB. Trading down may be an option also.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

2018 NFL Draft Order: Pittsburgh Steelers will select 28th overall

The Pittsburgh Steelers are officially onto the NFL Draft...

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Jan 15, 2018

Just like that, the Pittsburgh Steelers go from potential Super Bowl contenders, to the 2018 NFL Draft.

As shocking as the team’s loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars was in every possible way, the thought of turning our attention to the Draft might be even more disturbing. The season wasn’t supposed to end this way. Not for late owner Dan Rooney, and certainly not for injured linebacker Ryan Shazier, yet here we are.

With the Steelers officially out of the playoffs, they have solidified their spot in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Pittsburgh will select 28th overall in the first round of the college selection process.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...rst-round-news