Thread: New Look Steelers next year

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

New Look Steelers next year

Ben could leave
    Leveon could leave.

We may be stuck with Landry Jones handing off to James Connor.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Re: New Look Steelers next year

If Landry Jones is our quarterback, I'll consider dumping my seat license.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

If Ben does hang it up, the window slams shut for a while. Hopefully, it won't be another 20+ years of Bubby Bristers and Kordell Stewarts...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

IF.....What IFs. You don't give up on your team when they're down. You don't quit on them unless you're just a fair weather fan. Everyone is disappointed today, all of us. We move on whatever next season looks like. Stop the moping.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

All indication points to Ben being back. Le'Veon on the other hand remains a question mark. All indication is he gets the franchise tag which he says he won't play under but it's questionable whether or not that ends up the case

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

If he turns down 14 mill he’s not too bright. That’s a lot of weed

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I'm more concerned about getting a playmaker at safety and another at LB. Also, seeing who comes in on the D line as McCullers is let walk. Giving up 45 points to the Jags in the playoffs is a big issue and Ben has pretty much said he will be back next season.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Ben will be back. Bell might say he won't play under the franchise tag, but he will. Hopefully his agent can actually talk some sense into him (not often you'd look to an agent as the voice of reason, but here we are smh) and get a real contract done.

The #1 question for me is, do we go after Ben's replacement with our first pick in a QB-rich draft, or LB/safety help? I suppose it depends on who's available as always, but could go a long way toward determining whether we're all-in for the next season or two, or trying to stay competitive long term.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Ben will be back. He's already said as much. Bell is up to the front office. I have faith that they'll get something worked out. I'm definitely more worried about the defense.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Ben said what he said right after the game. Give him time to go through his process before jumping on what he says. I hope and pray he does come back, but not putting any eggs in that basket just yet.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Ben said what he said right after the game. Give him time to go through his process before jumping on what he says. I hope and pray he does come back, but not putting any eggs in that basket just yet.
    I totally see what you're saying, but I do think Ben will be back. I would be very surprised if Haley is back, though.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Ben will be back. Bell might say he won't play under the franchise tag, but he will. Hopefully his agent can actually talk some sense into him (not often you'd look to an agent as the voice of reason, but here we are smh) and get a real contract done.

The #1 question for me is, do we go after Ben's replacement with our first pick in a QB-rich draft, or LB/safety help? I suppose it depends on who's available as always, but could go a long way toward determining whether we're all-in for the next season or two, or trying to stay competitive long term.
    I feel, just my opinion, Ben will be back ( he sees the youth there), the F.O. will work something out with Bell( hopefully pay the man), but i would definitely work on getting a QB .....NOW ! Unless they clean house of the useless defensive coaching, drafting there means nothing. ( old saying... stupidity-" doing the samething over and over again without making any changes and expecting different results )