Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haley out as OC

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Todd Haley's future as Pittsburgh Steelers OC at crossroads

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Not sad to see Haley leave, but the defense still needs to be addressed...but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

This needs to be a wake up call to Tomlin. He must change a few things in his coaching style and what he allows and expects from his coaches and players

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If he's excited to coach the pro bowl, something's wrong with him. He should be embarrassed that all he has to show for 9 pro bowlers is pro bowl coach
    Could just be PR talk.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

And yet Butler still on the team... SMH

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Todd Haley out as Steelers offensive coordinator

Crash probably rented a party room at the Tequila Cowboy

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s been reported that it’s official and he will not return to Pittsburgh.
    Yep - This from the P-G

Todd Haley’s tenure as Steelers offensive coordinator ended Wednesday, a team source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201801170168

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    And yet Butler still on the team... SMH
    Someone was going to go - I agree someone on the defensive staff should be gone as well (given the flameouts of first round picks at OLB how does Porter survive?) but I get the move

No indication the best player on the Steelers defense has been taking shots at the coordinator for years or that Butler was working with talent close to the level of the offense - the two 4th down plays that worked on Sunday were due to raw talent, not play calling - axing both coordinators is a lot of self-inflicted disruption

Plus Butler has goodwill banked with the organization that Haley, who by all indications is a jackass, never did

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Might be munch's job, he didn't go to AZ for the second interview

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rdinals-again/

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Might be munch's job, he didn't go to AZ for the second interview

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rdinals-again/
    Munch stays

Ben staying

Bryant staying

Haley leaving

Quick somebody tell Richard Mann!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Munch stays

Ben staying

Bryant staying

Haley leaving

Yep - no question Haley was not beloved - he also becomes the convenient scapegoat for everything related to an under performing offense

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Yep - no question Haley was not beloved - he also becomes the convenient scapegoat for everything related to an under performing offense
    I think that's the major point. The offense did not under-achieve. The talent put up 42 points on the Jags, despite Haley's incredibly horrendous play calls. This offense should be putting up those points each week. Something was holding them back, and it's not the talent level.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

the 4th and inches calls are unforgivable. fuck haley

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I think that's the major point. The offense did not under-achieve. The talent put up 42 points on the Jags, despite Haley's incredibly horrendous play calls. This offense should be putting up those points each week. Something was holding them back, and it's not the talent level.
    For the first 6-8 games, it was the QB and the RB. When they got their act together, the entire offense changed. As I've said in numerous threads now, I really don't care for Haley one way or another, but if you ask why this team didn't make it to the AFCCG, the vast majority of the blame falls on the defense, so changing OCs is not going to get us to the next step.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Without Haley, Ben is probably retired due to injuries.

Hope he finds work elsewhere, I for one am thankful for all the work Haley did. He was never the problem.

I hope his landlord locked up the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    For the first 6-8 games, it was the QB and the RB. When they got their act together, the entire offense changed. As I've said in numerous threads now, I really don't care for Haley one way or another, but if you ask why this team didn't make it to the AFCCG, the vast majority of the blame falls on the defense, so changing OCs is not going to get us to the next step.
    Everyone will correctly remember the defensive collapse against Jax, but without the defense holding the fort while the offense kicked field goals until the offense showed up starting around the Titans game this team was likely not getting a bye and certainly might have lost on the road in Jax even if the defense was not horrible (this has been an entirely different offense on the road for years, which is on the QB or the OC).

And going into turtle mode in the second half of the Pats game along with the end of game cluster arguably is the reason it was not Pats-Jags last weekend so significant blame can be distributed to Todd as well for why the Steelers are not playing this weekend.

Coaches wear out their welcomes and Haley wore out his with important players, perhaps some coaches, and maybe the owner (not a good move when your job is on the line in any occupation to make the news for getting rolled on New Years Eve).

I bet Butler has more goodwill banked at all levels of the organization than Haley did and he did not make the personnel choice to have no viable Plan B for the player you built the defense around going down in Cincinnati.

Since I am not certain canning Butler will get the Steelers to the next step either (Tomlin seems to be far more hands on with the defense and Tomlin is not going anywhere for now) I am for Haley going if only to eliminate one source of drama.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

hahaha, that would be the play of the century.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Somewhere in the depths of their mom's basement, Mr. Crash came in his pants at the news of Todd Haley getting canned.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Post of the day!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Haley gone ! That's great....now what about the DEFENSE ROONEY ?? Stupidity ???? Doing the same shit over and over....not making any changes.....and expecting different results !!!!!! BUTLER--PORTER---LAKE--?
    Last edited by Moose; 01-18-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Haley out as OC

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Munch stays

Ben staying

Bryant staying

Haley leaving

.......but is Nix staying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Post of the day!
    I think it was the bar fight.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Haley is gone. Hopefully Lebeau Jr follows suit.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Doesn’t sound l8ke Defense is going anywhere. Danny Smith needs OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    He should be the Pro Bowl is the epitome of Tomlin coaching no preparation sloppy oorah football.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Unless Tomlin changes a few things on how he coaches he will have a standing invitation at every pro bowl. I wouldn't be excited I'd be embarassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Haley gone ! That's great....now what about the DEFENSE ROONEY ?? Stupidity ???? Doing the same shit over and over....not making any changes.....and expecting different results !!!!!! BUTLER--PORTER---LAKE--?
    I'm okay with Lake and Porter. They don't have a lot of say in who gets handed to them to train, but they're doing the best they can. Change the DC and then assess how the assistants are doing in a better scheme.