Thread: If he were available...

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

If he were available...

We're all witnessing this team being physically dominated right now. It's not the Steelers way to let that happen. The culture has changed in Pittsburgh. We are now a team that can outrun you, but if you hit us in the mouth we will curl. The teams that curl are the teams that get beat in January and never see February. We're not built for the playoffs. The teams in the 90's...they were built for the playoffs.

Raiders just brought Gruden back. If Cowher made himself available, would you cut ties with Tomlin to get Cowher back in the Burgh?

It's a no brainer for me. Cowher would bring back that nastiness, no bullshit, hit you in the mouth type of football that this team desperately needs.

If we come back and win you can all tell me to go to hell, but I don't see it happening.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: If he were available...

I'd say no, 11 years out of the league, 60 years old, I'd say go with a younger coordinator

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

As many years as Cowher teams came up small in the postseason? No thanks.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Mike Tomlin won a super bowl with Cowher's team.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Thanks for the much needed laugh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Mike Tomlin won a super bowl with Cowher's team.
    Really? Seems to me that Harrison had kind of a big play in that SB and all he did while Cowher was still in town was rot on the bench, well, when Cowher wasn't cutting him, anyway...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Plenty of AFCC games where they were physically dominated under Cowher.

The 2002 team was a soft pass first team with a shit defense.

How did that run first "physically dominating" team in 2004 that went 15-1 do?

Maybe seeing Jacksonville play Cowher ball has me reminiscing a little bit. What Cowher brought to the table is what this team lacks. I'll stand by that.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

I'd say yes.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    I'd say yes.
    You're never satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No.

I’d like to see the trio of coordinators go. All three.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    We're all witnessing this team being physically dominated right now. It's not the Steelers way to let that happen. The culture has changed in Pittsburgh. We are now a team that can outrun you, but if you hit us in the mouth we will curl. The teams that curl are the teams that get beat in January and never see February. We're not built for the playoffs. The teams in the 90's...they were built for the playoffs.

Raiders just brought Gruden back. If Cowher made himself available, would you cut ties with Tomlin to get Cowher back in the Burgh?

It's a no brainer for me. Cowher would bring back that nastiness, no bullshit, hit you in the mouth type of football that this team desperately needs.

If we come back and win you can all tell me to go to hell, but I don't see it happening.
    Cowher would need to rebuild it. A lot of players won't make the team or they will be benchwarmers.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If he were available...

Cowher wasn’t that great a coach either. I’ll pass. I’ll stick with Tomlin and three new coordinators. If not three new coordinators, Tomlin needs to go too. Lol.

Seriously though...something needs to change...how can you justify it any other way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This place is predictably hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This place is predictably hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    As many years as Cowher teams came up small in the postseason? No thanks.
    Yea, I got tired of losing in the AFCCG.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert