Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Game Thread: Divisional Round

BostonBlackie

Re: Game Thread: Divisional Round

Good game Patriots.

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Doesn't look like he's getting to many snaps!

https://gfycat.com/iframe/HollowDesertedAmericanbadger

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Did not watch the game but no surprise.

If the Titans goal is to win championships rather than sneak into the playoffs they need to fire Mularkey and the coaching staff. Titans were lucky to get a wildcard in a down year for the AFC and would have been one and done in the playoffs if Kelce was not hurt and Andy Reid was not the opponents' coach.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Did not watch the game but no surprise.

If the Titans goal is to win championships rather than sneak into the playoffs they need to fire Mularkey and the coaching staff. Titans were lucky to get a wildcard in a down year for the AFC and would have been one and done in the playoffs if Kelce was not hurt and Andy Reid was not the opponents' coach.
    Which is exactly why the #1 seed was so highly coveted.

There are/were three legitimate teams in the playoffs... and, in order to go to the SuperBowl, the Steelers will have to play the other two (whereas, the Taperiots only had/have to play one).

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Which is exactly why the #1 seed was so highly coveted.

There are/were three legitimate teams in the playoffs... and, in order to go to the SuperBowl, the Steelers will have to play the other two (whereas, the Taperiots only had/have to play one).

That's one way to look at it. The other way is that to get to the SB in the AFC this year you have to beat the Patriots, or the Steelers, or both. If you can't, you aren't going, and one of them is.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post

Yup, 3 snaps in a playoff game is good reason to leave a team you played all your successful career with.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

You guys do know that Boston Blackie is just a SU member that gets bored and enjoys pretending to be a troll from a Pats forum. Use the ignore function and he magically goes away. Now, the ONLY time I see him is when you guys quote his crap. He's not here to be 'one of the guys', he's having a great time being annoying and derailing threads to be all about him. Move on from this.

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Yup, 3 snaps in a playoff game is good reason to leave a team you played all your successful career with.
    He's a mercenary, he always was a mercenary. Nothing has changed but the uniform he's wearing.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You guys do know that Boston Blackie is just a SU member that gets bored and enjoys pretending to be a troll from a Pats forum. Use the ignore function and he magically goes away. Now, the ONLY time I see him is when you guys quote his crap. He's not here to be 'one of the guys', he's having a great time being annoying and derailing threads to be all about him. Move on from this.

Thanks of the tip, first time I've ever had to use the ignore function.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Yep - a fire needs oxygen to burn

Sign in

Click on Settings in upper right corner of screen

Click on Edit My Ignore List in My Settings on left side of screen

Type in BostonBlackie

Then when you are signed in any posts from him are blocked with this message - "This message is hidden because BostonBlackie is on your ignore list."

Glad I did it 2 weeks ago

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Thanks, just did it and boy looks a lot better. Did it for the other Boston troll who got a week ban for his insult against Lady Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Thanks, just did it and boy looks a lot better. Did it for the other Boston troll who got a week ban for his insult against Lady Steel.
    If he comes back after his ban that would be Patriot71 - he went on my ignore list the same day as BostonBlackie

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Yep - a fire needs oxygen to burn

Sign in

Click on Settings in upper right corner of screen

Click on Edit My Ignore List in My Settings on left side of screen

Type in BostonBlackie

Then when you are signed in any posts from him are blocked with this message - "This message is hidden because BostonBlackie is on your ignore list."

Glad I did it 2 weeks ago
    I did earlier today, here is a shortcut, you just have to click yes. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...=ignore&u=1760

BostonBlackie

I certainly understand the ignores. People who play the victim card don't like it when you point it out.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I tolerated him before but now he's just a troll. I've never put anyone on ignore before on this forum and I've been here from the beginning. Time for my first.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

BostonBlackie

To too many Steeler fans, your victim card has expired.

And that's just the truth, like it or not.

Wow what a Viking win! Hope they win the SB

Well, there goes the season of the team with the best chance to prevent a 6th Patriots Super Bowl win. Question now is which perennial choker will hand the Patriots their 6th Super Bowl win Eagles or Vikings?

Also with the Saints loss, the Steelers pick 28th whereas a Vikings loss would have had the Steelers picking 27th

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    To too many Steeler fans, your victim card has expired.

And that's just the truth, like it or not.
    That's it. Time to go back to the Patriots circle-jerk board.

Finally! That was months overdue to be honest. So long Jackass

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Finally! I had to put him on ignore because all he was doing was trolling.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Divisional Round thread

Patriots have to go through Mariota, Bortles, Keemun/Foles. Lol. Oh well...could’ve been Pittsburgh...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Thank you!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I just saw the Vikings finish ... wow.

I really want the Vikings to win it now.

TV ratings down again

Falcons-Eagles drew a 17.4 overnight on NBC — down 5% from Seahawks-Falcons on FOX last year (18.3)

Titans-Patriots brought up the rear with a 16.6 on CBS Saturday night, down 9% from Texans-Patriots last year (18.2) and down 18% from Packers-Cardinals on NBC in 2016 (20.3). The 16.6 is the lowest for the primetime Divisional Round game since 2009 (Cardinals-Panthers: 15.8).

Jaguars-Steelers drew a 20.4 overnight on CBS earlier in the day, down 7% from Steelers-Chiefs on NBC last year, which was moved from 1 PM ET to primetime due to weather (21.9). Compared to Seahawks-Panthers on FOX two years ago, which aired as scheduled, overnights fell 12% from a 23.1. The 20.4 overnight is the lowest in the early Sunday Divisional Round window since 2002 (Ravens-Steelers: 19.9), falling narrowly below the previous mark of 20.6 — set by Texans-Ravens in 2012 and Colts-Chiefs in 2004.

Sunday’s Saints-Vikings NFC Divisional Round game earned a 21.8 overnight rating, down 23% from Packers-Cowboys last year (28.2), down 17% from Steelers-Broncos on CBS in 2016 (26.2), and the lowest overnight in the window since 2009 (Chargers-Steelers: 21.4).

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018...ne-overnights/

Once viewers get out of the habit of watching something it is tough to bring them back.

No surprise to me Pats game was the least watched - I did not watch it. While great teams are supposed to help ratings IMO the Pats are more disliked than other dominant teams in the past and there is weariness of the Pats dominance.

NFL has a real problem to deal with.