Thread: Cowher: 'I like their resiliency'

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Cowher: 'I like their resiliency'

Bill Cowher was at Steelers practice this week and likes what he sees from the team.

Bill Cowher laughed when he was reminded about the comment he made when the Steelers drafted Ben Roethlisberger back in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft.

“This kid has a lot of upside,” said Cowher at the time.

Standing outside the library at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex, just having wrapped up an interview with Roethlisberger for NFL on CBS’s coverage of the Steelers Divisional Round Game against the Jaguars, Cowher talked about the change in Roethlisberger since the day he made that statement.

This is clearly his team. He understands that,” said Cowher. “He accepts the responsibility that goes with it. You can how he relates to the players, the young players. He has grown as a player, as a person. He came in as a young kid and is now a father of three. That is what is nice to see, a young player who turned into a great player and matured along the way.”

Maturity is something that Cowher likes about this Steelers team in general. Yes, there is youth, but the way the veterans have brought the young players into the mix is the key.

“It’s a unique blend of veterans with youth,” said Cowher. “You see the energetic youthfulness of JuJu Smith-Schuster and the veteran leadership of Ben. Antonio Brown understanding what it takes. A veteran offensive line that has been pretty healthy all year long. There is a youthful energy, but veteran wisdom that has been a good blend for the team.

“That has helped them in a lot of areas. I like their resiliency. They have been seasoned, hardened to a degree with the ebb and flow they have been through. There have been some highs and lows, but they are a seasoned group playing with confidence.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...3-7211409bd2ed

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Cowher: 'I like their resiliency'

“It’s pretty special,” said Cowher. “You start to feel it as the week goes on. Everyone is wearing their black and gold. You walk into the stadium and the Terrible Towels are waving. You draw energy from it. It’s a special place to play, a special city to play in.”

He then turned and looked back at the library, where the team’s six Lombardi Trophies are proudly displayed.

“That is why I see the six trophies and hopefully soon it will be seven,” said Cowher.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Ole Cower still likes the term "ebb and flow " i see. Can't wait to see the interview !!!!!!!
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Ole Cower still likes the term "ebb and flow " i see. Can't wait to see the interview !!!!!!!
    :cowherism:

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

They will impose their will in a game using physicality!

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    :cowherism:
    You know it !!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Get a good profile of that chin,and a little spit flyin....we're in business!!!!!!!
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Sometimes it sure seems like he misses coaching.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I like their resiliency but I don't like onside kicks unless I call it in the Super Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I like their resiliency but I don't like onside kicks unless I call it in the Super Bowl.
    The game was over long before the botched onside kick. If your defense gives up 38 points after a bye week to an opponent the #6 seed just held to 10 points on the road the week before ... YOU DESERVE TO LOSE.