Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Tom vs Time"

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: "Tom vs Time"

Let me guess ... a new original series exclusively on handjobs.com.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I hope time wins.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Father Time is undefeated.

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Father Time is undefeated.
    If it wasn't there'd be no need to put out the series.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'm sure the docu-series will only paint Brady in a favorable light. Blarf. I won't watch. I would rather watch paint dry.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Over the next five seasons, I’ll take Garoppolo.

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I'm sure the docu-series will only paint Brady in a favorable light. Blarf. I won't watch. I would rather watch paint dry.
    You aren't suggesting anyone would be selective are you?

To show how fair and balanced we are. Brady on a bad day:

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Tic tock tic tock your time is up Brady!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Tic tock tic tock your time is up Brady!
    Maybe

Is Tom Brady Finally Getting Old?

The numbers suggest a decline similar to Peyton Manning’s ...

Brady’s last five games of the 2017 regular season were uncharacteristically mediocre, despite New England going 4-1 in that span. Beginning in Week 13, Brady has posted a passer rating of 81.6, 17th best in the NFL, and his yards per attempt in that span were 6.95, 15th best in the league. He’s also been far worse in touchdowns to interceptions, going from 26-to-3 in his first 11 games to an unusual-for-him 6-to-5....

If we were to look at the half-empty glass, we can draw comparisons to the career arc of Brady’s former longtime nemesis, Peyton Manning. No, not the Manning we last saw in 2015, who somehow won a Super Bowl with play so poor that his league-leading defense was forced to overcome it. Brady’s 2017 season is actually eerily similar to the 2014 Manning, who was his typical dominant self for the first 11 games of the year before falling off a cliff that can be seen now only in hindsight.

Premature obits have been written for Brady before. There’s little reason to doubt New England based on what they’ve accomplished this century. But if Belichick and Brady are to get that unprecedented sixth ring, they will need Brady to look more like what he’s been and less like what he is: a 40-year-old quarterback.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...espn:nfl:teams

FWIW I recall late 2014 season Peyton and even I could see he was falling apart - until Bell was injured in the last regular season game I was confident the Steelers would beat Denver in the playoffs (which the Colts did) and play New England in the AFC champuinship.

Brady has not appeared, at least to me, to have declined as obviously as Peyton did after Thanksgiving 2014.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Maybe

Is Tom Brady Finally Getting Old?

The numbers suggest a decline similar to Peyton Manning’s ...

Brady’s last five games of the 2017 regular season were uncharacteristically mediocre, despite New England going 4-1 in that span. Beginning in Week 13, Brady has posted a passer rating of 81.6, 17th best in the NFL, and his yards per attempt in that span were 6.95, 15th best in the league. He’s also been far worse in touchdowns to interceptions, going from 26-to-3 in his first 11 games to an unusual-for-him 6-to-5....

If we were to look at the half-empty glass, we can draw comparisons to the career arc of Brady’s former longtime nemesis, Peyton Manning. No, not the Manning we last saw in 2015, who somehow won a Super Bowl with play so poor that his league-leading defense was forced to overcome it. Brady’s 2017 season is actually eerily similar to the 2014 Manning, who was his typical dominant self for the first 11 games of the year before falling off a cliff that can be seen now only in hindsight.

Premature obits have been written for Brady before. There’s little reason to doubt New England based on what they’ve accomplished this century. But if Belichick and Brady are to get that unprecedented sixth ring, they will need Brady to look more like what he’s been and less like what he is: a 40-year-old quarterback.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...espn:nfl:teams

FWIW I recall late 2014 season Peyton and even I could see he was falling apart - until Bell was injured in the last regular season game I was confident the Steelers would beat Denver in the playoffs (which the Colts did) and play New England in the AFC champuinship.

Brady has not appeared, at least to me, to have declined as obviously as Peyton did after Thanksgiving 2014.
    I hope the Steelers are not buying into that .

BostonBlackie

I've certainly seen uncharacteristic play from Brady down the stretch this year. How much of it can be connected to the loss of Edelman rearing it's head, and how much of it is a natural falling off due to age, can't say. Suffice to say it's not a good look either way, and I can't believe it will continue, if it does, without consequences.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I always hate to see the really great ones decline. Bradshaw was my hero as a kid. When he and those guys started hanging it up, I really took it hard, in a sense. Watching Peyton win at 40 was cool even though we all knew he was done. I felt bad for Joe Montana when he went to the Chiefs after all he had done for the 49ers franchise, and then it was 'See Ya Around, Joe'. Even though the Patriots are cheaters, and luckier than any team in history, it will be a bitter-sweet feeling when Tom hangs up his cleats for the last time. The end of an era always is.

Banned Array title="Patriot71 is on a distinguished road">

You people crack me up. Enjoy watching the Patriots win another SB. I hope this post didn't hurt any feelings that would require running to a mod? I least the Steelers knob gobbling is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot71 View Post
    You people crack me up. Enjoy watching the Patriots win another SB. I hope this post didn't hurt any feelings that would require running to a mod? I least the Steelers knob gobbling is finished.
    Shut the fuck up

Banned Array title="Patriot71 is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Shut the fuck up
    Be a good loser now.

Oh, I don't have a problem with loosing. Shit happens. It's the gloating I have issues with... Dick

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Meh...so the Patriots cheat their way to another Super Bowl. Big deal...all it means is the bandwagon gets bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It's probably just all the distractions and lack of discipline. I've heard that's what really loses games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Be a good loser now.
    Is this you?

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx...le_id=37751488

Holy shit this is pure gold, I have to give credit for this to Lady Steel.

I always thought you were a sawed off pecker-head. Looks like I was right! 5'5" really.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Is this you?

I always thought you were a sawed off pecker-head. Looks like I was right! 5'5" really.

Geesh, I'm 5'7".

*Looks down on Patriot71 and pats him on the head* Don't worry, little buddy. #GodLovesLittlePeopleToo

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Usual troll

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Geesh, I'm 5'7".

*Looks down on Patriot71 and pats him on the head* Don't worry, little buddy. #GodLovesLittlePeopleToo

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Damn he booked it out of here quick when his profile pic came up.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Damn he booked it out of here quick when his profile pic came up.
    I'm pretty sure he got perma-banned when he came back to talk trash about the Jags game, and made the same cock-sucking insults he'd been temp banned for the week before.

I don't doubt that's him, though ... short guy with an attitude problem, no penis - that pretty much describes your typical Patriots fan.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Here's Episode 1. Click on the photo below or on the link posted.

https://www.facebook.com/tomvstime/v...1108082122933/

I'm not interested in this shit. Do they have Tom vs. Ebola? Let me know when they do.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Is this you?

lmfao what a loser

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

Hell, there are so many Pats wins with asterisks on them I think it is night time when I see all the stars...... I will stick with the Steelers, thank you very much...... Never a dull moment......